"Goddam it, you'll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!" - Captain Henry P. "J

Discussion in 'Connery (US West)' started by thehumanslayer12, Feb 11, 2014.

1. kaptinkrunch88

Hey George! I don't hear much from you these days. Not since you jumped ship to recursion to be MLG pro. I'd love to see some clips of the competitions your crew has been in. Do you guys have a twitch channel?
  2. Coltorl

Yeah man we have plenty of that. Just check our ghstmarauder's channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/Ghstmarauder/videos
    Here's 2 videos of a scrim we had against Total Recoil at

and

Some of our twitch channels include
    twitch.tv/lythca
    twitch.tv/ghstmarauder
    twitch.tv/lllsilencerlll

If you're interested in more I'd gladly help a fellow NC player out.
    • Up x 1
  3. JohnnyRadman

Having different outfit members run open squads isn't a bad idea at all. Just put "training squad" in the title or something like that so everybody knows. We could organize it in shifts, or different outfits could just do it whenever. People who mesh well with how the squad is run could also be recruited into the outfit which is hosting the squad, and thus strengthen it. Again, a beneficial arrangement for the NC as a whole as well as the outfit participating.

Not sure about how regimented it should be. The more complicated it becomes, the more difficult it is to execute. I was thinking that we could keep it simple. But the idea of having some of the more serious outfit leads and strong players collaborate with one another to create a guide on how to play NC like a manly teutonic operator? That would be interesting, and probably a fun read as well.

As far as officer exchange, I figured it'd be pretty informal. I have an ambassador application and a separate forum for them on my own website. Not sure if most people do, but they should (you can find it here, dear reader, if you're interested). I figured arranging an exchange would be as simple as talking with other outfit leads through the ambassador stuff.

Ambassador: "Hey, wanna do an officer exchange?"
    Outfit Lead: "Sure, who did you have in mind? I've got Dick Fistpunch, he'd be good for it."
    A: "I know him, cool guy. I was thinking Rock Cocksmash, he could learn a thing or two from you guys."
    OL: "Mmm. Alright, sounds good. How do you guys normally run your squads?"
    A: "Oh, more casual. We're loosely coordinated rabble of infantry most of the time, but if the going gets tough, we put on our war face and get **** done. Then it's some close coordination between LA's, infils, and a medic fire team."
    OL: "Sounds good, we're a bit more serious, and act primarily as an Airborne Infantry outfit. We run around putting out fires and end up doing a lot of gal drops, while also acting as air support on the side. Your guy have much experience with that?"
    A: "Not a huge amount, but he can read the map well enough, and he can learn."
    OL: "Good. Alright, how does 7:00 pm PST, Thursday sound to you?"
    A: "I'll check with Fistpunch and get back to you."
    OL: "Alright man, see you then."

I basically view it as a conversation that could happen in less than 5 minutes. Not a big deal, but the impact that it could have if everybody was doing it would be noticeable, I think.

There are times when Ace can be about as abrasive as a belt sander, but I'm told that's part of the charm. He's a fun guy.
  4. thehumanslayer12

I just thought it was funny and I am not Ace, he is like scarier than me xD
  5. thehumanslayer12

OH! And Ace's (FAIL hheheheh) attemt to login to reply to this post:

[IMG]

My point of view:

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  6. strangulate

mod please delete this stupid thread
  7. ROMNEYTRON

LOL poor Ace.
  8. ROMNEYTRON

Yeah, I decided to try something new, and so far the experience has been awesome, hope there aren't any hard feelings there :D . Just watch those vids/twich channels Cortol linked if you wanna see some competitive stuff.
  9. kaptinkrunch88

No hard feeling here. I'm glad you found the level of play you enjoy.
  10. thehumanslayer12

How come? Is it because you dislike people? You should be banned as well. Thanks for joining the Thread :D
  11. thehumanslayer12

:( I know I cried when it happened
  12. Trudeus

Gosh, I step away for a few days and you ladies have a pissing contest. Back to important topics.

Johnny, I don't mean to completely shut you down, but pardon me while I completely shut you down: officer exchange is a great idea that will never work, because of the PLAYERS, NOT the leadership.

Elaboration: officer exchange would yield a more active command structure, more effective coordination, more effective teamplay, and more effective troops in general from simply running under a commander who runs a tight ship (i.e. if I ran an ADK squad). Now, this is clearly better for the NC, but the majority of players couldn't give a second **** about the NC, they care about the TR or VS at the end of their gun, the enemy's body hitting the ground, and the +100 symbol that arrives on their screen. That's what most of them signed on for.

The reason I say that is because its similar when a player joins an outfit. They start really caring about the NC because the outfit does, or more specifically, the leader does. Most of the players in this game who join an outfit don't join because their general description is the ****, they join because the leader is good, which leads to a good outfit for members to join. These leaders run on respect as well, not rank, so if the members do not respect the transferred leader they will not listen, and nor will they fight as effectively when their usual commanders are absent. Players are, for the most part, conditioned to follow specific leaders, and while this is possible in a large-scale leadership transfer, it's very unlikely it would work.
  13. JohnnyRadman

Thanks for the input mate.
    I won't say its impossible, but I do think you're right. It would involve persistence and trial and error. Some people will mesh, other people won't. It might happen alot, but if you want it to work, then you just gotta keep trying. It's all about finding people you like to work with. There's also the matter of selling it. You want certs? You want a good farm? You want to improve? A coordinated group can make farms, get certs, and teach you new tricks. You die less, you kill more, and you git gud.

An "easier" though more chaotic way of doing it might be to have an "open house" of sorts. Just a day where people from other outfits mingle in squads run by other outfit officers. People who don't like the way things are being run can filter themselves out by leaving, and then move on to a different squad. The burden then wouldn't be on officers to adapt to the way an outfit works, but on the players to adapt to officers.

It probably wouldn't be public. We'd just have a thread full of in game names for officers, one or two from each outfit. PM them if you want an invite to their squad and state your outfit. Maybe run it in platoons so its easy to switch from squad to squad. Keep it simple like that.

It would definitely be chaotic as hell, but that can be fun too. People might have been trained or are used to different play styles or approaches, but as long as they follow orders, it should be fine. If they aren't comfortable with the way the squad is run, or they don't follow orders, they can leave and take a look at somebody else.

I don't expect that this will just happen, and that everybody will be happy to do it. It's something that we need to WANT. I'm sure it would have it's fair share of problems, but if we try it, the solutions will become clearer. Just need to make the effort, which really isn't that much.

I'd be happy to lend a hand, but ultimately it depends on how many people are willing to give it a chance and put in just a little bit of effort.

And sorry for the late reply. Been preoccupied lately.