[Video] The HSR-1: Revealed (Semi-auto scout rifle)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mustarde, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Mustarde

Thanks Hoki, but I'm telling you, this weapon was great for letting me bring down targets at mid range even when they looked right at me. I think it's the ability to get headshots that turn your encounter into a 2 shot kill. The SABR... a different beast, probably better in a way, but I would disagree that the TMG, Rhino or NS-11 outclass the HSR-1. They are different types of weapons, and part of the importance of the HSR is that an infiltrator wields it. Getting off the first shot or two makes all the difference in the world.
  2. KAHR-Alpha

Personally, I feel better with a 4x scope on it, I just got back to it as I just auraxiumed the KSR-35, both weapons are pretty similar now (to the point they almost feel redundant).
  3. Akeita

"Vanu are ******* overpowered" - ZoranTheBear 2014
    • Up x 4
  4. Hoki

At the ranges you were using it at in the video at least, any of them would have mowed down your target faster but yeah, not all of those come with cloak.

I still think the recoil is too much for how fast it needs to be fired.
  5. maudibe

You got mad skills there brother. After watching you Soas video i started using it as an affordable SMG option and got blasted regularly. Most at close range can see the cloaker so im dead. Then i got the Hailstorm and started having success. But in mid range it (SMG) was terrible so i started using the scout again and found it to be great IF ....you can sneak into a position where you have cover but the enemy is medium range away and exposed. At those ranges i could use the scout very effectively like in your previous Soas video. I like the full auto Soas and use the AMR with it sniper like quality when i'm HA and have longer range encounters. I just think the Full auto 4X (so no sway) works great at med ranges and love it for that. It will take out close range guys who don't know i'm there but doesn't do it as well as SMG. I have the laser sight, & compensator. So it gets slightly better hip fire, have the for grip also but didn't notice as big a improvement as with the compensator for longer range. I like it much better that semi auto sniper rifle (cant use less that 6X swaying scope), and if i'm going to long range snipe its the bolt action only.
  6. cyb_

Now you should give the KSR-35 a try. Personally I prefer it over the HSR-1, it might look a bit worse on paper when looking at the movement ADS, but for me it is hardly noticeable. The KSR-35 deals more damage and is just as simple to use with the 2x reflex.

:)
    • Up x 2
  7. Mustarde

I just like the ADS accuracy of th HSR-1, which I take full advantage of as you see here.

Just so you guys know, I've auraxium'd all of these weapons back in February 2013. But many of them have changed, and now that I have been making more videos about planetside, I'm going back to revisit some of them. I have no desire to go through each and every weapon just for the sake of making a video though. Perhaps I am too traumatically scarred from my first auraxium'd run with the KSR-35, which was one of the most painful experiences I out myself through in-game ( worst was the inquisitor auraxium). I just can't do it.
  8. Corporate Thug

I love the Shadow, though it isn't the greatest gun I do find it and my Nyx the most rewarding. With the auto rifles and the introduction of the NS7 PDW it is even less viable to grab the semi scout rifles, but they are still great fun and soo rewarding when you get those hip fire kills in. Sometimes fun>being effective.
  9. EViLMinD

Nice shooting.

The recent buff to semi-auto scout rifles was much appreciated. I liked using mine before, but it could be challenging for me.

For my Shadow, I usually run the same config (comp,grip, 2x) or flash suppressor with laser and 3.4x. Suppressor and IRNV are useful, at times, too

Scout rifles are one of the more adaptable weapons, I've found. I have multiple configs for my Stalker.

The short range semi-auto sniper rifle (Impetus) is different. A great weapon, as well, but requires more stillness.
  10. Hdgunnell

MUSTARDE STRIKES AGAIN
  11. Mustarde

Shameless bump since these weapons are on sale today!