Melting TR armor on Mattherson

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeZeK, Feb 17, 2014.

1. NeZeK

the fun starts around 1:20
    Situation: during Amerish control alert and shortly after taking Chimney Rock Depot from TR, the fascists pull about 20-30 tanks and armor to siege the facility which is quickly overrun by the enemy force.

we pull back to the bastion, pull our vessels of enlightenment, and pewpew them in the back.

those kind of actions are important to break the enemy momentum and hurt their morale.

but to be honest i think that in this point of the alert VS had population advantage
  2. Corporate Thug

Yeah, you guys had pop. It looked like a bunch of VS held off the TR armor until you guys back raged them, great effort but it wasn't much of a fight.
  3. EliteEskimo

Because Mattherson TR need their morale hurt more right? Lol you thought you you had a population advantage? In the video VS have over 40% population on the map, TR have under 30%, and here we see the VS push deep into TR territory rather than fighting the NC . I also didn't see 20-30 TR tanks, although maybe the vast number of Magriders and other Vanu you were rolling with in the video blew them up so fast I couldn't count them in time.:rolleyes:
    • Up x 12
  4. Phazaar

Some seriously pro skills there...

I really wonder if there are actually any good players on Mattherson, or if it's just that average players appear to be amazing because of how EZ mode the server is... Next time I'm in the states, I shall find out.
  5. EliteEskimo

Join Mattherson TR to enable hardmode, then choose to fight against the VS if you really want to challenge yourself.
    • Up x 4
  6. NeZeK

the alert started with nc 40% and vs and tr tie for population
    as vs started wining so did our pop grow.

TR had most map% when the alert started

and yes.. i don't like fair fights : ), i consider the ability to achieve situations where the fight is unfair skill... but go figure.. im probably a scrub in your eyes lol
  7. TheRunDown

Didn't all the Vet TR on Mattherson bail and move to Connery and Miller?
    From what I've heard nothing you do against TR on that server is a feet of something you should be proud of, since both NC and VS seem to Only TR Bash..

Our Buff is coming soon, so this TR Bashing will come to a end and the Forum Crying will begin.. cause TR can't have nice things.. or at leased for very long.
    • Up x 2
  8. Phazaar

But I already have a BR4 VS in protest of the constant inability to log in to Miller? :(

Pah. Fine. But only once I'm over there. Until then I need the population advantage to cancel out the horrendous ping I get :p
  9. WyrdHarper

Yeah, world pops seemed real fair:
    http://borderlinetactical.net/rsnc/world-population/?world_id=17&zoom=0

And yeah, people like you are the problem with Mattherson right now. I also consider winning a fight with unfair population skill, but that's because we always have underpop so we have to be better to win. Personally, I don't see any fun in ghostcapping an underpopped faction, or steamrolling a small group with a full platoon; there was nothing tactical going on here, and that video looked extremely boring. Those kind of fights make you a worse player, and make the game less fun for everyone.

It's not a real war--there's no reward for crushing your opponents and getting them to stop fighting. In fact, it's the complete opposite. Demoralizing a defeated enemy so they stop playing means you aren't going to have people to shoot in your FPS, but at least you can take virtual tours of Amerish in your hovertank, I guess.
    • Up x 4
  10. NeZeK

should we just let TR win then?
  11. Corporate Thug

The TR don't need any buffs. The only weapon I can think of that needs to be "buffed" is the Lynx (45 more rpm).
  12. Hiding in VR

On the plus side, population numbers on Woods have been far more balanced the last few days. Half term holidays?
  13. Negator

Go look at region pop at moss basin and chimeny rock.
    • Up x 1
  14. WyrdHarper

If TR has 20% world pop, then NC and VS only have to send 10% each of their pop to handle TR and can each throw 30% at each other. Wow, suddenly all fights are even, fun, and based around individual skill and the server quality improves instantly!
  15. oherror

Seem to remember TR having this issue on one of the now gone west coast servers. You can kill the fun of one under faction to the point people jump ship. Less faction = a more boring fight. More boring fight does mean even your over-pop faction will dwindle as people move on to other things.
    • Up x 1
  16. Hdgunnell

TLDR: You win late night against TR because there is no TR.
    • Up x 3
  17. Ender

Actually, yes.
    • Up x 5
  18. NeZeK

people like me are indeed a tr problem, I want to win, it feels nice : )
    I didn't see any ghostcapping here, I also hate looking at timers, and try to avoid it when I can.
    u are wrong about not having anything tactical here (we might have different understandings of the word), tr overpoped us on that base, they had tons of armor sieging the spawn room, we could not push them out by normal methods, pulling armor stopped them from taking the base.
    now we have to ask what is the definition of a "good player" is it pro skills or an understanding of how to counter an enemy? or both?
    to me being tactical is about finding the way in which ur fights are as easy as they can be. that's what we did here, instead of hiding in a spawn room lose the facility and find the tr armor at the next base only to lose it as well, we fall back and pewpew their behind.

to be honest I wasn't sure about sharing this video here fearing people will use this tactic more often against us, seeing the comments I understand I have nothing to worry about.

as u said this isn't real war, but still, the fun in this game for me is winning. im sure most can understand. besides tr and nc are still not in shortage to kill or being killed by
  19. SnatchMaster

On Mattherson? I wouldn't doubt it for a second since Vanu practically owns the server there.
  20. LT_Latency

That pop inbalance.

"Oh no it's a massacre" made me laugh though