HiAlgo SWITCH (3rd party software)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by HatchetHaro, Feb 16, 2014.

1. HatchetHaro

I was wondering whether HiAlgo SWITCH is allowed to be used. I understand the strict policies on 3rd party software usage in Planetside 2, and was wondering whether this program is legitimate to be used due to it only affecting the resolution of the game, thus only affecting game performance. The program works by decreasing the resolution of the game at the click of a button, thus increasing framerate.
    In fact, I have found a certain quote from a SOE customer support representative (requesting confirmation of authenticity of quote) stating that 'programs that improve the performance of the game are legitimate', like Razer Game Booster, thus supporting the usage of the HiAlgo SWITCH application. (Original quote is found in this post. Again, requesting confirmation of authenticity of quote).
  2. Tatwi

"intercepts and on the fly modifies commands sent from the game to the graphics card" - from their site.

Nope. Can't used that. Sorry.
  3. siiix

so far i know the only 3rd party apps that are authorized are strictly only screen overlays.. example messengers and frame rate counters
  4. HatchetHaro

Hmm...
    It's funny how the SOE customer support representative said that programs that improve the performance of the game are fine, yet bans the use of a program that improves the performance of the game...
    Ah well, I guess it's understandable. Don't want (*ahem* potential-might-possibly-maybe) cheaters to ruin my 25-fps-50%-render-quality-terrible-graphics gameplay now do I?
    Speaking of, got any suggestions on any allowed performance boosting programs, other than Razer Game Booster? Don't answer 'just tweak the useroptions.ini'. I've done it and turned everything down till the point it's just playable.
    Basic computer specs:
    Intel Core i3
    Intel HD Graphics
    4 GB RAM
  5. Artifex78

You don't need a "performance boosting programs". You are looking for a new rig (read: Your PC specs suck).
  6. HatchetHaro

Don't have the money for a new rig. I'm still in high school for goodness sake! My mom wouldn't let me!
    Don't expect much from a kid from Hong Kong with strict-*** parents.
  7. LibertyRevolution

Intel Core i3
    Intel HD Graphics
    4 GB RAM

Geez... Good luck with that.
  8. TNSxMichael

Im not better XD
    core I5 2.7k GHZ
    HD7690m
    8gb ram
    and this game still runs like crap on my pc :)
  9. Artifex78

Then please don't blame the devs for crappy performance of their game on your last century hardware. :)
  10. HerbertKnivez

If you're only here to tell people their computers suck, go away..