I'm having the 10 min crash problem

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zakum, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Zakum

Since the last update my planetside crashes for about every 5 or 10 minutes.Any solution the this problem guys?
  2. killmeplz279

some more info? your pc specs? my planetside stopped working too, try re installing the game or repairing your game by pressing the tool button to the left of the launching program.
  3. Zakum

My pc Specs:
    Windows ultimate 7
    Processor: Intel Core i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHZ
    RAM: 4GB
    System: 64 bits
    Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

My pc is not the best,but I can have a good FPS on it and play it well.I've already tried to validate the games assets and the last time I had a problem with planetside 2 re-installing the game didn't help,probably it will have an misterious update and come back to normal again
  4. aenimaniac

I'm having the same issue. Here are my specs if it helps:

Windows 7 Home Premium
    Processor: Intel Core i7-3610qm @2.3Ghz
    RAM: 16GB
    System: 64 bits
    Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
  5. killmeplz279

sorry, i can't really help to much, it seems the devs need to optimize the game more... try updating your drivers...
    Zakum, your problem might have to do with having 4gb of ram only, maybe try using lower setting, hopefully that will help.
    a dev has posted that planetside 2 is going fully 64bit in the near future so we can see more optimized use of ram and stuff...
  6. user101

Is this true??? Is PS2 really going to 64 bits...? OMG all those laptop will die when this happens. The Laptop will run at half the speed they do now.
  7. killmeplz279

maybe, but it's good for us with desktops! cant wait for less crashes and a better looking and running game from the game being able to use more ram.l
  8. Zakum

I don't think the problem has to do with my video card or my 4GB RAM,I've never had problems with planetside 2-except the frame rate that is not that big of a deal-until the Operation Make Faster Gaming.I don't know what they did,but since then sometimes my planetside goes all crazy when there is an update,it doesn't update and I can still play,but there is always a problem like this (last time vehicles,aircrafts,spawn room shields,terminals,turrets,rocket tracers and god know what else were invisible and it all resolved itself with an outdated patch only for me).
    And now there is a 113 MB update for me but when it is downloading it says it couldn't download an archive and stops,then tells me to retry.
    So resuming I'm pretty much ****** up
  9. Oriolus

I am also crashing to desktop. About every 15 minutes into the game. Happens usually when I spawn, although it has happened during flying or even during hand to hand combat. It is really frustrating if you just spent your resource points on an expensive vehicle only to get booted out via a CTD. Hope we can get official word on whether this is a bug that is going to be fixed or I should not try playing anymore because my computer specs are too low:

My Computer Specs:

CPU: Intel G3220 @ 3.00GHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 650 Ti
    Memory: 4GB
  10. ggallin

.... had the same prob few month`s ago.... new grafic card driver solved the problem.... good luck!
  11. user101

Sorry guy you have an i3 processor - if you read the spec you need an i5 or better to run the game..
  12. Zakum

The problem is not the FPS rate,is that I can't play the game because it crashes everytime.
    And my FPS is not bad I have for about 28-23 FPS in a battle on pretty good graphics,so FPS is not a problem
  13. user101

It crashes because your processor is to slow and the game desync's from the server. 23 FPS is unplayable in this game. 28 FPS in big battles is almost playable. You need a sold 30 FPS to play this game. Other wise you just jerk across the screen.

Again the spec say you need an i5 or better.... !!!! They have a limit on Ping also that SOE does not talk about. 200 ms is about the max for SOE. If you have more than 200 they kick you and the game crashes. My friend has this problem and he is on fiber.
  14. Zakum

That is
    That is only the specs,If you check out my stats in game you're going to see that I can play very well with onle this FPS rate,another thing that you have to know is that when the game crashed my ping was impeccable.I'm not new to the game I play since March or May from the last year,I've played a lot and it have never crashed because of my processor or anything like this.After the OMFG my planetside has gone crazy,when there is an update is sometimes doesn't update and I can play,but there will be a problem,just like mine.
    And when it crashes(I'm assuming it is crashing) there is no message,it just freeze the screen and closes it self,and it only happens when there is lots of peoples around me,for example: If I try to deploy at a fight that has like 20 peoples(friends and foes) i'm not even going to spawn it will just close.If I run to the base it won't close,but as soon as I get close to the enemy it closes it self
  15. yaxir1990

Man im from Pakistan ? is this ping crash thing true?!
    cos i really wanna play , but i think ping may be high!
    PLEASE HELP ME!
  16. NaySayer

I'm getting random insane lagspikes. They last about 1-2 mins, happens every 15 or so minutes. Also, sometimes the game will freeze for a few secs, my screen will go black and I could hear my videocard fan speed go really low, then a second later the game comes back up along with the video card fan speed. Really weird, and really annoying. And there are the crashes that just happen and give no error. Game just shuts off, and I'm at the desktop.
  17. Zakum

[quote="Game just shuts off, and I'm at the desktop.[/quote]

That is exactely what was happening with me!
    Actually the problem is not this anymore,I updated the game but in the loading screen it gets stuck on 96% and never finishes reloading
  18. Zakum

IT'S BACK GUYS!!!!! =DDDDDDDD
    It have finally come back to normal,after soooo much time
  19. Emejtiou

Have you done anything to fix it? I have the same problem and it's really annoying to not be able to play during double xp weekend.
  20. Zakum

Nop I haven't done any ****,I mean I tried what I could(validate the games assets),then I asked my friend to pick up his Planetside 2 paste and pass to me so I was going to put in the place of mine,but when he came here my planetside had a 40 kb update,I installed it and it was back to normal.It's annoying for me too,I have no clue what causes this,but it just come back to normal