Week One WDS Winners & Friday Night Ops Goodness

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 14, 2014.

1. BobSanders123

OH WE SURE SHOWED THEM BOYS! -TR
    Just kidding, we lost on every server.
    • Up x 2
  2. Masterofm

The Asian population love their mechs. Love them to victory. 24 hour cycle means they control the board at least 1/3rd of the time.

As for the TR? Permission to lose this fight was approved.
    • Up x 1
  3. D3amonEngineer

Nope TR didn't lost on Miller server, We won there.
  4. Sgt. Martin

I DON'T HAVE THIS BOOST...
    I'VE BEEN PLAYING ALL THE WEEKS AND I WON THE TIER 3 FIRST AND SECOND WEEKS AND I JUST HAVE 12 1 HOUR XP BOOSTS (that and a camo) BUT NONE 3 DAY BOOST AT ALL
  5. Jaedrik

Someone predicted a huge turnaround for the VS. . . I forget who, they had a point or something too.
  6. IDC_

so, there was no winning team on cobalt?

i played on all 3 factions.

but i got no new notification and no new 3day boost.
  7. Krayus_Korianis

I too didn't get any Xp Boosts, wtf. (I play on Connery. I also don't just inherently flip factions because of the tide. I usually just stay whatever I log in as).
  8. BobSanders123

I fixed your post for you:

Inaccurate Ghost Capping Series Winners & Friday Night Ops Uselessness

All players who participated on the winning empire for week one of the PlanetSide 2 Ghost Capping Series Preseason 2 event have possibly been granted a 3 Day 50% XP Boost. You had to have logged onto your character between February 7th at 12:00 AM PT - February 13th, 2013 at 11:59 PM PT. This is a one-time use boost item that you can use on only your character on the server you logged on for the daily passive certs. This means that you can get multiple boosts for multiple characters if you participated on more than one server with a character on the faction that might or might not have won for that server because we didn't notice for an entire week that the leaderboards weren't working!

If your empire won, you might receive a notification in the bottom right hand corner with the non-existent XP Boost reward. Also, it'll show up in your notifications section if you ignored the non-existent notification.

Enjoy your reward lone-ghost-capping infiltrators! (or not)

Also, don't forget to tune in tonight from 5-7 PM PT for Friday Night Ops where we waste time and be useless instead of actually working on making weapons that look different or releasing actual content for once, but instead we'll forget about the new content and release a gun that could have been a bull-pup assault rifle but is actually a toy that shoots snowballs because we ran out of time to actually do something!
    • Up x 3
  9. Blaze81

I just got an email from customer service.

There is a bug with the awarding of the boosts which the dev's are aware of.

Let's hope it is fixed soon.
    • Up x 2
  10. Predatorv2

Okay i have contacted the Customer Service Team about my missing booster (playing VS on cobalt). This was the answer:

So what now?
    • Up x 1
  11. IDC_

thank you Predatorv2

so this is how communication works now?

instead of officials posting about this bug we have to wait until a user gets an answer to a ticket and posts it here.
    • Up x 2
  12. chiensale2005

Again!! Vanu made 10 k score point ahead us HOW ??? Everything was blue before i get to bed. Dammit, am out of this crap.
  13. Being@RT

Hmm... Not sure what to make of the colored part :eek:
  14. Nintyuk

Hopefully we will get some serious answers on Monday when the dev's get back in the office.
  15. Norington

SOE, please. If even things like counting points or awarding boosts become too hard to do right in one go, wouldn't it be time to start hiring some more qualified personnel?

I have been very doubtful of your coding capabilities ever since I noticed that the Alert timers don't run correctly (and have been since the start). They run differently than base cap timers. Come on, it's a timer, how hard can it be?

On Miller the leaderboards are down because they are bugged and crash the server. Really?

One and a half year into the 'release' of this game, it's still far from finished, we are technically still in beta, since you're still failing to implement maybe to most game-making feature in this game, the continental lattice.

To make up for this, and to keep us playing and paying anyway, you introduce this very simple points and reward system. But yet again, you fail to 1. count points correctly (random mid-week resets, and now wrong totals), and 2. reward the players correctly: As I read here people not getting rewards at all (because again, bugged), and the personall contribution rewards are bugged aswell (everyone recieving loads of either ONLY camo's, or ONLY boosts).

Come on SOE, should the failure of implementing something simple like WDS not be a huge alarmbell that your development team is not functioning well enough?
    • Up x 5
  16. FlamingSquirrel

Of course I won't, what I say on these boards is my own opinion, is often likely to make people like you mad, and bringing my employers into it would likely be unappreciated by them. Besides, without actually giving out personal information to prove specifically where I work, anything I do say to prove my point could easily be a fabrication. Hopefully you understand I'm not going to post personal information about myself on a public forum to prove an inconsequential point to an inconsequential person.

If you can't understand that 90 posts by different people all pointing out the same issue is likely to get SOEs attention more than only one post saying it, then I guess you can't count or add.

Oh, were you making a point? I thought the rest of us were all happily abusing the WDS system, and you didn't like it, so you told everyone to shut the _____ up. If you don't find the topic exciting, perhaps you should go to another thread, since you're pretty much alone here in your opinion, and that seems to be what has gotten you upset.

You know, calling me 'old boy' and 'old chap' doesn't disguise the fact that you just made a rage post. Especially as it's content was pretty much entirely insults. That's what people tend to resort to when they realise they don't have any ground to stand on.
    • Up x 2
  17. halfchaos

I wouldn't be surprised if they're contracting out to third party devs which might explain why they are having so many problems with patches and maintenence. Whoever was around to help build this game is obviously not around presently.
  18. halfchaos

You know, calling someone out for making a rage post doesn't disguise the fact that you are troll baiting.
  19. Princess Celestia

Thats a big fat lie. I play all three factions and none of my characters got the boost. And if it had been a three way draw, pretty sure there would be some posts about it.
  20. Being@RT

Tbh, sometimes I wonder if the exact opposite of what you say is true: the same team that started PS2 is still working on it ;P