Bugs & Lag or Hackers?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by FMustang, Feb 16, 2014.

1. FMustang

I started playing planetside 2 a few weeks ago, and since the day i started i have always had strange lag, and its not all the time, i can actually play the game for 10 - 15 mins and everything runs fine, after that however is when the problems start there's a huge amount of rubber banding, for me players are flying all over, tanks, jets etc but for the other players its me that's rubber banding and lagging all over the place and there are many others with the same problem i am having that have actually put up videos recording there problems so if you haven't seen it before go check it out, but lately the lag has been affecting things i do in game eg i want to use a vehicle terminal, turret, enter a vehicle, hack a terminal i can sit here and press e for a good 2 - 3 mins before it will actually do anything.

Im not sure if this would count as lag or hacks, but if i shoot/knife an enemy or friendly soldier it does no damage to them what so ever but they can turn round and kill me with little to no effort.

It also is the same for any mounted or static weapons, i cant damage anything, but i myself can take damage and again this isn't something that happens all the time i can play for a good 10 - 15 mins before any of this starts.

My computer is more than enough to run planetside 2 and i also have a 10mbps internet speed with only me using it at all times and i constantly keep between 40 - 50 ms ping but in some larger battles my ping would reach 80ms but never go above 100ms.

I have searched the forum for all the problems above and tried many different fixes and suggestions to which none have worked, I don't mind putting up with it but i would like to see if there are any users that have had these same problems as myself and hopefully find out whats causing it.

Thanks,
    Mustang
    • Up x 1
  2. TNSxMichael

To me it sounds like you have packet loss and a terrible one
    Try downloading leatrix (if you dont have it already) it may help
  3. FMustang

I have just tried to play for the past few hours with this as you have suggested and its done nothing at all, seems a little worse in fact, i was having the same issues with only 4 - 5 other players around me, ping still the same. Hmmm...is there anything else you think might help or could be causing this please let me know, Thanks
  4. starlinvf

What server are you on? Briggs and Miller have had problems with routing for a while now.
  5. FMustang

Most of my toons are on Miller, i tried one on cobalt and i had the same results as above, seems regardless of the server i still have the same problem
  6. Irathi

Had the same today and I've almost never experienced it before.

Lots of flying prowlers!
  7. joeski

Sounds to me like you are desynching. It happens when your CPU clock speed is altered - usually by energy saving motherboard gubbins. I'll have a look for the link and post it here, I used to get this and it took ages to find a solution. If you have an Asus motherboard then it's a few clicks to fix it. BRB
  8. FMustang

I don't think its actually computer or network related, i think its more SOE's servers, I have tried most EU servers and still had exactly the same problem
  9. FMustang

I have already looked into the clock speeds on my processor too, and mine is overclocked by 0.4ghz so i went into bios and put it back to the stock clock speed and still had the same problem also turned off any turbo or power saving modes
  10. joeski

11. FMustang

Thanks, Hopefully this will help any others looking for a fix, Leatrix and Razers Game Booster has also been suggested so they might be worth looking into aswell.

Going to have another look to double check everything in bios, then try again
  12. joeski

And to verify if it is your clock speeds that are causing it. look for and download a little program called WinTimerTester_1.1.
    Run it for 100 seconds and if the ratio is not 1:1.0000 then it IS your clock speed that is causing this
  13. Plunutsud pls

There's your explanation. The EU servers are broken.

Try playing on a US server and feel the difference.

Ping! - You will cry. My ping to Miller is 55ms and my ping to Waterson is almost 200.

And somehow Waterson performs fine: instant log in every time, no lag, no crashes.
  14. FMustang

Just tried the suggestions in the other posts, still no luck, have just made a character on a US server with about 200 ping so yeah il see how that works out. Thanks for all the suggestions and all the help. Will write about my experience on a us server if there is any changes or problems
  15. joeski

What result did you get on WinTimerTester ?
  16. FMustang

I haven't been able to use WinTimeTester, i have it downloaded im just not to sure as to what im supposed to do with, however i did come across a CMD line that seems to have reduced the effects of the rubber banding quite a a lot, its reduced it from people and tanks flying all over the place to small lag spikes for a few minuets where if you shoot someone it wont damage them but it is still playable so im slowly making progress, for any others that are having this problem please try this, Run CMD as admin and type bcdedit /set useplatformclock true and reboot your computer.
  17. joeski

So it puts a plaster on rather than cures it.
    You need to run WinTimerTester_1.1, you just double click it to start it. If you Google it you'll see instructions.
    If that program tells you what the problem is, you'll be one step away from fixing it properly and permanently :)
  18. Murderer

I was having the same problem. I still don't know if it's fixed but my comp seems better overall. I will hopefully get a better chance to test it out later on with some 48+ areas. What I did was re-seat my RAM into the other slots, clean and repaste the heatsink from the CPU, and did a hard reset on my router and updated the firmware. Also separated the 2.4ghz from the 5ghz SSID names on the router. When running WinTimerTester_1.1 I get a clean 1.0 almost around 80 seconds with the slight .9999 occuring intermittently. I also installed Leatrix. Asus Z87 pro still running OC through the ASUS 4 way optimization. I will definitely follow up as soon as I know

Specs
    ASUS Z87, i5 4670k, 16GB Corsair, 256SSD, GTX 760 EVGA 2GB.
  19. Murderer

Nevermind, spoke too soon. SOE please give this a look.
  20. Igmaruckfed

So I've been having the same issue. I switched to a higher bandwidth router and it dramatically reduced the problem. Thinking their might just be a bottle neck on my router somewhere. I'm going to mess around with it later. But in the mean time if you can do it switch up to a higher bandwidth and it should help a lot. When I get a chance to look at those settings I'll let you know!