Stalker Cloak is amazing! [Video]

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VonStalin, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Winfield

Oi oi, nothing at all wrong with gay people.
    • Up x 2
  2. Vorxil

Welp, time to stick darklight to everything, spam recon darts everywhere and shoot everything that does and doesn't move. Hell, just give us orbital strikes to deal with these one-shot-knife and two-shot-commissioner stalkers. It's the only way to be sure.
  3. TrainerS2

Another big mistake by SOE !!!!!
    full invisible nabs .
    • Up x 2
  4. Winfield

Love it how everyone is yelling nerfnerf when they most likely haven't even played the class themselves.

I don't play infil and atleast yesterday I don't remember dying to infil stuff. I'll try out some more today.

Give it some time and atleast try to adapt before nerfherding.
    • Up x 2
  5. Taemien

Haven't gotten online to test things in action. But while a buddy of mine (BR20ish, KDR 0.75) was able to spot on at least 5 separate occasions people using the stalker cloaks and killed them. If he can do that.. I don't think this is OP at all. But I'll have to login and see for myself. I'll come back and confirm/deny his observations.
  6. FABIIK

Now what about making it possible to Q-spot cloaked infils ?
  7. Uberubie

Most of the complaints are likely from people playing on low graphics settings, where the cloak is still nigh invisible. I've been killing stalker and normal cloakers all day who thought the cloak changes allow them to play like rambo (hint, they don't). I play using medium settings.
    • Up x 3
  8. ncDieseL

On my game, the cloak looks nothing like in that video. It looks exactly as it did pre-patch. I thought it was meant to be less visible now? I'm not having any problems seeing infiltrators at the moment.
    • Up x 2
  9. Uberubie

The cloak in the game is a bit bugged at the moment (when isn't it). From what I can tell, if you sprint, then cloak, your cloak will be stuck in the "shallow" cloak that sprinting entails, although I could be wrong since I am only relying on the weapon model, not outside help. There's also apparently a bug where even if you're crouching, parts of the character model such as the gun or head will not go into the appropriate cloak state.
    • Up x 1
  10. oumajgad

Ofc I didn't play infi. Same as I didn't played MAX beyond the point of checking what it is. Why? I have some selfrespect.
  11. VonStalin

No, I die every time I face a player with settings higher than low, no matter how good I am hiding. But majority is playing on low.
  12. Cromell

I'll just say one thing, and one thing only. You guys and your endless complaining about every single aspect of the game kill the scarce remains of my faith in humanity.
    • Up x 3
  13. Winfield

You must be a blast to have at parties.
    • Up x 3
  14. VonStalin

And this is not as easy as it looks like. As you can see, most of the time i must stand still and not kill. If i try, 10 enemies will spot me instantly. So, this is a lot of fun, but actually harmless... I could do a lot of trouble with my SAS-R, you better be happy I am playing with comissioner only now :D
    Only one thing is wrong. I don't think it is fair that you can capture a point while cloaked.. But it suits the role of "infiltrator" nicely, so I am not sure yet.
  15. gualty

I saw the video.
    What seems pretty clear is the huge amount of teamplay provided by the new inf class, the high skill level needed to perform kills and, most important, the level of danger the inf must face to perform such kills.
    :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  16. FillyFluttershy

Should be renamed to the Camping Cloak.

I haven't fully developed my position on whether I like or dislike this addition to the game, but looks like less "Stalking" and more of waiting for a cheesy head shot.

I haven't really tried it myself but I get the impression that this is not nearly as fun to do if you have not gotten a commissioner or other high powered sidearm.
    • Up x 2
  17. vsae

Lmao, you almost scared me. Except you are not.
  18. Flipwin

I think its awesome.

Time to get darklight! Just wish it was an implant and not a torch...
  19. VogonPoetMaster

It's a terrible feature that will sell a gazillion commies before getting nerfed to oblivion.
    • Up x 2
  20. Hiding in VR

All Infiltrators are naked under their cloak!