Upcoming changes to infiltrator update via Higby

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by NinjaTurtle, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Bape

I completely agree with you and this pisses me off why the hell does NC have a VS no bullet drop on a dam BASR. I am the many few NC that knows this is not ok.
  2. Tenebrae Aeterna

Hmm...

None of the new rifles have any bullet drop incorporated, so it's likely that they just haven't yet implemented it. Then again, railgun technology is extremely accurate and has a very high projectile velocity...so they may be running off that methodology. The problem with the reality behind the technology which the NC and VS use is that, in real life, it would function very similar.
  3. gnometheft

The shade also has no bullet drop, and can one hit headshot like a BASR.
  4. Pikachu

A
    And railguns pierce targets and leaves spiral trail. :p NC rifle lacks both.
  5. Tentakewls

The NC one probably has bullet drop, but due to the extremely high bullet velocity, bullet drop occurs past render range. It actually had bullet drop back when it had the shotgun and slower projectile speed.
  6. Tenebrae Aeterna

Truth be told, that's what I want for the New Conglomerate. I wish all our factions had a unique, defining, trait...piercing was the trait I wanted to see the New Conglomerate get. I would love to see them actually reflect true railgun technology...and that could be done while keeping the same feel they have now.

Extremely high damage with piercing at the cost of low magazine sizes and a low rate of fire through a charge up mechanic different from the VS style of charge. Basically, just an extended re-chambering-like graphic between shots.

Perhaps.
  7. Camycamera

the change to the stalker is better, but not enough for it to be justified for having no primary imo. needs variable cloak drain based on movement (maybe even no cloak drain when crouched moving) and complete invisibility when standing still.
  8. Wobberjockey

but...
    any dedicated BASR with a straight pull bolt will supass the shade all respects as far as damage done/time.

and since compensating for bullet drop is really a trivial task at all but the most extreme ranges, i don't see that as a problem.
    for gods sake people. no bullet drop is such a small 'advantage' that it really isn't even worth mentioning
  9. MrMurdok

Don't screw up my new SOAS, don't screw up my new SOAS, don't screw up my new SOAS...
  10. Gastoninho

I´m very frustrated being a TR Sniper... In the way this updates are going, probably i´ll become a NC Sniper... just because i like the way it gonna be:
    - Almost Hitscan shot (High velocity projectile)
    - Almost OHK (The most damage of all BASR)
    - Almost No bullet drop @ render distance... (Just because of high velocity projectile)

This is headshots heaven all snipers wanted so far...
    Later people asking why NC is so overpopulated... Now i see...
    • Up x 3
  11. Messaiga

NC overpopulated? When would this happen, last time I saw NC with the most population was before ScatMax nerfs (about 1 whole year ago).
  12. Tenebrae Aeterna

There have been a few severs complaining that the NC are overpopulated.
  13. Messaiga

The only server I have heard of with this complaint would be Connery (as far as I remember, I haven't played in a few months so things may have changed).
  14. Pikachu

Ceres has 40-45% NC still. Good old cobalt is back to normal, which sadly includes a little uderppp of TR.
  15. P4nda

Nope Connery is currently infested with Vanu.
  16. MonkeyCheese

Waterson primetime is nothing but NC dominance at the moment especially during alerts.

On topic happy to see they are still tweaking the new weapons, just as with every other gaming company it seems I really wish they would post this kind of information on the forums and not just only on social networks.

My 2 cents..

VS- as long as a full charge can headshot then play all you want with the heat as it is unlimited ammo after all

NC- currently it is nice but it should have a better "quirk" going for it. As a rail gun it should have something like minimal armor penetration (see the new explosive crossbows as the coding is already done for you) or slight piercing ability where multiple enemy infantry behind the original target receive diminishing damage and reload times tweaked accordingly.

TR- as with a lot of people im still a little lost with this
  17. ISKNausicaa

The trap and pro have bullet drop last I checked.
  18. Tenebrae Aeterna

Did they update the rifles on the test server?
  19. ISKNausicaa

In respect to the bullet drop? I don't think it's changed, i tested all three on the first patch that introduced the nc has a slight bullet drop that starts from near render (the bullet path actually arches over the top of the targeting reticule at mid ranges) TR trap bullet drop is far more pronounced.

I also checked it in the patch that dropped just before the latest update, seemed to be the same then.