MSVR100..?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MiriamLuv, Feb 13, 2014.

1. MiriamLuv

Lets get one thing clear first, despite desperate attempts at educating me, I am, for want of a better description, Technically Challenged.
    So with this in mind, please forgive the lack of supporting images.
    (I am having to describe as I can't get links to work).
    Firstly - I have no idea what the following description means. I open PS2 and before even being able to log in I get the following pop-up message:

Now I know you will say it's self-explanatory. However, I can't understand why the pc would NOT have it in the first place, as I have always been able to play PS2 on this pc.
    Make sense? No? Feel free to ask questions in layman's terms please, or point out the obvious solutions.
    Secondly - I have this little icon in the lower left side of any browser I so happen to open - (again a description).
    It's a red 'circle' )kind of like a road sign) with white capital lettering: ABP
    There is a drop-down option to this which, quite frankly to the untrained eye, has a bunch of jargon that baffles me.
    At the bottom of the drop-down options reads the following:
    and another similar one.

Whilst I am sure the two are unlikely to have any connection to one another, they both appeared within the same time.
    Any ideas which can enlighten this cavity which I fondly call my intelligence*?
    *note: please speak in terms I can understand.
    Thanks
    /MiriamLuv
  2. blueangleofdeath

My first step would be to revalidate the files. Another thing you could try is to rerun the installer.
  3. WV2MJR

I am getting this error as well. I tried installing the client, no good. I even went so far as to reinstall Windows 8.1 x64 (I figured maybe a fresh install of the OS might help) and still got the same error message. Please help.
  4. IDC_

Firstly:
    MSVCR100.dll is part of microsoft visual c++ runtime.
    you should have it as part of a windows update.
    if not it can be downloaded seperately.
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)

or it can indicate that your graphics card driver is to old and an update is required.

or something else the devs broke while patching the game.

Secondly:
    the ABP icon in your browser is an addon called Ad-Block Plus that blocks banners, pop-ups and video ads
    https://adblockplus.org

it's a good thing to protect you from annoying ads and your pc from virus infections that are spread by hacked advertisement delivery servers.
    • Up x 1
  5. shd

First thing you always do when you get any sort of error you don't understand is paste in it google.

The MSVCR100.dll error means you are missing a library file and need to download and reinstall appropriate Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package.

The ABP icon means you have Ad Block Pro plugin installed in your browsers (unless it's a malware faking to be it),

Yieldmanager.exe seems to be some nasty form of malware.

All 3 above points could and probably are interconnected. You should try to find a solution to clean your computer (if it is in fact infected) or find someone who knows how to do it to check it out.
  6. MiriamLuv

OK - my husband came home from work (Don't panic folks - I did allow him to have a cup of tea and something to eat - as a good wife should lmso - before I bombarded him with this stuff :p ) and I showed him my post and all your responses. This is what he did:
    • He deleted the visual c++ re distributable.
    • Downloaded a copy from Microsoft and reinstalled it.
    ... but that didn't work.
    So...
    • He checked that the missing dll file existed in c:\windows\system32 - it was there.
    • Then checked if the same file existed in c:\windows\syswow64 - it wasn't there.
    • He copied the file from system 32 to syswow64 and PS2 worked.
    He says that this MAY not be a recommended path of resolution - t worked. :D and he said he couldn't think of anything better to do and that
    Cheeky devil - my pc is is better than his! :D

Thank you for the advice guys/girls and also I hope you get some notions from this post on how to fix anything else.

ps - YES I was too impatient to wait until he got home before I posted this thread :D

**WE CAN CLOSE OFF THE THREAD NOW IF YOU LIKE**
  7. BrianJ2

Adblock Plus u mean? If it's pro YOU have malware lol
  8. halfchaos

AdBlock Pro isn't AdBlock Plus. It's an application (not a browser addon) that does the same thing as AdBlock Plus except it costs $20 dollars. It's not malware, it's just a waste of money because AdBlock Plus is free.
  9. shd

I just googled abp in 5 sec to see what it is and like halfchaos said it's all the same crap. I have neither.
  10. IDC_

never heard of adblock pro.
    adblock plus does not change anything on a pc, malware does.

if you mean this:
    just uncheck the checkbox and block all ads
    or edit the filter for the unobtrusive ads and make your own whitelist

if you are affraid use the original adblock or adblock edge.
  11. halfchaos

Yeah, Pro is sold on cnet. It's marketed through the product rankings in the "Popup Blocker Software" presently ranked #7. The OP should uninstall that and use Plus instead. Pro is an application that is basically acting like an internal tracker software but it doesn't work as well as Plus. Pretty sad that the OP got scammed out of $20 dollars.