Mattherson problem.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DARKIDER, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Negator

THEYVE DISCOVERED OUR SECRET GUYS, OUR TIME OF DOMINATION MAY BE COMING TO AN END!
  2. Metallic123

I see denial. You don't believe me when I say people come to mattherson to join the vanu, ask around. Your playing on a stacked server and your killing it and you wonder why it's dying. Try harder so you can put it down quicker.
    • Up x 1
  3. Flipwin

Well, I still like the idea.

If my fellow VS need me on Waterson, and SoE offer me a transfer for free, then I shall heed the call of my fellow soldiers!

Cx~
    • Up x 1
  4. Mustarde

The situation is pretty straightforward. Mattherson TR have a recruitment and retention issue. We are logging off in the face of adversity. Even in even to slightly advantageous pop situations, I've seen us lose highly defensible bases, or fail to capture easy ones. The spawnroom warrior mindset is prevalent, probably because we spend so much time camped by a zerg that some players fail to recognize when it is, indeed, safe to leave and capture a building or objective.

BWC recruited me from SolTech, along with a bunch of other players.
    • Up x 3
  5. DQCraze

Maybe its time for a official request to have SOE look at a server merger or player transfer.
  6. Phazaar

From the thread title, I assumed this would be about the Dramattherson issue. Apparently it's just yet more drama as a smokescreen to the real issue that Mattherson creates for everyone NOT on Mattherson... Oh well...
  7. Posse

• Up x 1
  8. Flipwin

I'm sorry, I must have missed something... What drama does Mattherson create for the other servers?
  9. Phazaar

No no no, you don't create any drama for anyone else. The drama itself is the problem you create. It just gets really tiresome; I mean, full credit to this thread for recognising that this is a problem specific to Mattherson, unlike most similar threads where it is assumed that the only players in game are on Mattherson and every problem Mattherson has is a global issue.

It's sort of like how your 13 year old sister doesn't create drama in your life, but jeeeeeeesus does her drama get yawnworthy.
  10. Flipwin

I see what you mean.

But your right, this thread is trying to address an issue. Pop balance is very important for a good gaming experience. If your empire has crap pop your gonna have a bad time. (no meme intended)

That being said, hopefully SoE recognise this and do something about it.

I'm sure there are players who would transfer to servers that need them, given the chance.

Edit: For the record, Higby is wrong, Real VS use stock weapons and still trash NC and TR... just saying
  11. Negator

"ask around" is your response? have you been polling VS on matherson?

So, which large and fruitful TR outfit do you run on Matherson?
  12. Lethal_Sting

And complementing this, for those that do leave the spawn it seems most will only give one strong push towards the objective. Failing to make progress, they flounder about. They rarely go for a second push.

And when there is a movement towards a point, its like we only move 1-2 soldiers at a time, hardly anything a couple of defenders couldn't withstand.

I just don't see the hive-mind mentality like the other factions have.
  13. AAA Beef

What could help a bit is if VS or NC could back off when we're clearly backed into a corner. At one point when I was on yesterday, we only had a small cluster of territories around our WG. VS were hitting from the east and the NC were hitting on the west. On the border between them though, nothing was going on. There was a tiny skirmish at The Crown, but that was basically a squad and change each. If one side threw in a couple platoons and pushed in, they might have been able to cut off a huge chunk of the other team's territory from their WG. At least it would have got a more interesting fight between the NC and VS since their pops were close. It's gotta be better than firing tank shells at red spawn shields, right?

I dunno, maybe it's like bulls seeing red.
  14. Flipwin

WOW...
  15. RJGatling

I think it is very much the baby elephant syndrome. I've seen it repeatedly on twitch streams this past week across multiple servers.

I wonder what the numbers are for people who made a character on Mattherson with a VS and/or TR on Waterson, especially after a dominant trend started on each server.
  16. Bloodlet

Speaking for myself, I started on this server as VS since they were the underdogs. Eventually though I went back to my first love, then NC around January 2013. But since I am such a sucker for an underdog, I made a TR alt last night. Until populations even back out again somewhat I think TR is where I will personally be. It helps keep things fresh I guess anyway.
    • Up x 2
  17. KnightCole

No kidding they dont stack.

Resist still is 1818 effective health vs NMG/adren effective 1250+500extra health(its actually like 603 to start minus 50 or something every second....

167 double for headshots+ body shots+I shoot ur *** first=I win....sooo...w/e.
  18. DerRosaBaron

I agree with EliteEskimo. If the VS were underpopped they would still be formidable as hell. Unfortunately, and I think a great deal of the VS outfits may agree with me (sorry to assume) that they're skill is constantly overshadowed by unorganized and chaotic VS zergs. If they were underpopped on Mattherson I am sure the thread title would read "Nerf VS, they're too skilled." Unfortunately all people complain about is fix the pop there are too many of them. As for me, I like the challenge of being underpopped while running with VG, BWC, and 903rd. My outfit, 1TR, has had a lot of hard fights, but good ones. Outfits like BAX, NNG, Dapp, AT, and GOTR are always hard as hell to fight. If we lose, hey good on ya guys, you got us. But if we win, if we hold the point, we have one hell of a good time.

Like when VG and 1TR did this:

Now you have a point: "outnumbering your opponent by a large margin is devastating." Yeah, it can be. Cannot deny that. However, degenerating the TR pop on Mattherson until SOE does something about it is equivalent to a baby crying until it's mommy gives it it's toy back. This is a PLAYER BASED issue. It was caused by players, as I had explained earlier on this thread. SOE can address it, sure. Lock the VS and NC on Mattherson so that new players can only join TR . . . as has been proposed by some people. Sorry, but I find that to be entirely wrong. Having the other two factions miss out because of a problem created by TR? Bollocks more like. When I have the flu, I don't continuously sit in my room, not drinking water and making myself sicker just so that the doctor might come around to finally help me out. All that would do is make me feel more like crap. Rather, one goes out and actively peruses medicine or a "cure."
    • Up x 1
  19. BoomBoom4You

Nothing? Doesn't it provide 45% resist, which equates to 1,818 (I understand NW does not stack w/ resist, as 45%>20%)? Or are you saying after he takes damage, the resist shield's utlity is greatly diminished because it does not add incremental health, but instead modifies future damage?
  20. DerRosaBaron

A fantastic idea that I had not really considered. Cheers to FRZA!
    • Up x 2