Lets all join the NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hammersteyn, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammersteyn

Seriously, when is SOE gonna do something about this???????????

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  2. huller

No.

Besides if you want to have a point, use world pop instead. Nobody goes to Amerish anyway
    • Up x 7
  3. Aegie

Your image is broken and your post is not constructive- see myriad of other similar threads and all the cycle of "population is imbalanced" threads.

Also, in a way, I'm glad that NC (my main faction) has been over populated lately because it motivated me to flesh out my TR character and I am really enjoying the freshness (and, I imagine, this is where a fair amount of the issue is- for so long NC was simply not competitive so that once they were a lot of people wanted to check them out for a change of pace to add some newness to the game).
    • Up x 2
  4. starlinvf

Way to carefully craft your argument so you don't actually have to provide any proof to back your argument. What your seeing is no different then the time before the alerts, when people still cared about continent benefits, and each empire focused all their efforts to cap and hold one continent. They would then attack another continent, then abandon that fight the moment the one they did own was at risk of being reversed.

In other words..... you can't fix stupid.
  5. Hammersteyn

What about alerts? Do we just ignore those.
  6. Hammersteyn

The alert is still going up to 61% now.
  7. Aegie

Some people do and I have a feeling the pic would look different if they did not. I've been playing TR the last few days against ~40% NC and do not really feel its that big of deal. Granted, we seem to spend more time focused on VS but we still engage NC, only we tend to pick and choose when and where with greater care and often, if it is an even or nearly even fight in that hex, we come out with the cap.
  8. Antich

oh wow, pull population from a continent and complain about it?
    How about the fact that on Miller 3 or 4 nights ago the VS won a biolab alert with 67% world population? Does that matter? It surely reduces the fun at points but you can´t really balance things acording to a continent on a server. What do you expect them to do, start locking population values?
    "Oh TR is 34% now on my server, can´t log, i need to wait for it to go to under 33%" .... funny enough, even at equal server pop levels, continental pop values aren´t equal ... ever
  9. ComradeHavoc

This information isn't convoluted what-so-ever :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  10. Hammersteyn

**** it delete the thread, who cares anyway right?
    • Up x 1
  11. Aegie

Thing is, your approach was poor (that is what a lot of people are pointing out) and there are loads of other threads talking about population so it is tiresome to see yet another.

In addition, you offer no insight into the issue or brainstorming regarding how it may be addressed. In the future, I would suggest that you concern yourself with how constructive your information is before posting- especially if you are creating a new thread.

No one (other than perhaps the elusive 4th faction) really likes imbalanced populations because it is not fun for either side. The only good things about the recent NC over population is that 1) the over populated faction is not also over powered and 2) it has motivated me, at least, to play my TR.
    • Up x 2
  12. doombro

I'll have you know I do. They're a stupid mechanic IMO. They do nothing for the game and are best left ignored. Stay on indar and it will all be okay. I hope they end entirely when cont lattice comes.
  13. BadAsElite

Meanwhile Indar and Esamir were VS over poped.
  14. Phazaar

Just to point out before we (hopefully) let the thread die, this is pretty standard. In an alert, running a platoon, you have two options. Option one: Compete in the alert. Force your guys to stay online for 2 hours, for reward XP they could easily get from a couple of biolab captures on a less contested continent. Potentially have to fight a seriously overpop side, because everyone else is going with option two: Go on the non-alert continent and use the lower opposing populations in order to revert a cap or even take the continent, and be happy that lots of organised platoons will be working against you, instead of just roflzergs of lonewolves on the alert continent.

I go with whichever one I feel is most important at the time. If we've got two continent caps, I'll compete in the alert. If we've got none, faction morale > a couple of thousand pointless XP.
  15. Hosp

Pointless and contextless whine thread.
    • Up x 1
  16. ROMNEYTRON

Wait, but when NC were underpopped, we were told to learn2play? We were told that our entire faction was bad, and could easily fight overpop if it had an ounce of skill.

So lrn2play I guess? :eek: 360MLGDUNKEDON #VICTORY100%DANKKUSH
    • Up x 3
  17. AuntLou42

Individual continent pops mean nothing.
    • Up x 1
  18. Elrohur

There was a time there was 1 thread a day about TR pop.
    Then it has been about VS (and ZoE).
    Now the NC.
    Wait up for a couple of weeks and we'll be back with the TR.
    • Up x 2
  19. pintle

I think you got that completely backwards. The brainless zerg stays on Indar 24/7, following the lattice blindly. The organised platoons tend to play the alert.
  20. DG-MOD-02

Please remember to keep posts constructive on these forums. Thank you!
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.