Server Downtime for DB Maintenance February 11, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Clerqn

2. GalXEEEEE

I'm so confused!!! 2.5 hours then 5 then 5.5 then 6? What is time anymore, because i lose track by being on the forum page watching new numbers pop up. Sure is a great way to get population on threads that's for sure.
    • Up x 1
  3. Luperza Community Manager

Our downtime is normally about 90 minutes and is not 5+ hours.

Definitely! We understand your frustration, but unfortunately, we cannot please everyone. :( We are a West Coast company and we must ensure our staff is on site during maintenance, patches and hotfixes. We did our best to choose a time slot that works for us and does not disrupt the majority of our players.

Doing my best to keep people updated as things change.
    • Up x 1
  4. Wafflepancake

5. SuecoViacho

Or why not make the updates for ONE eu and ONE us server at a different time?? ok maybe 2 :p
  6. Xandax

Seeing as it's not 15.00 - 17.00 CET at the moment and now apparently can happen multiples time a week, it does indeed ring a very hollow statement.

Usually as games like this mature, they require less downtime. So could we at least expect to see at some differentiation or more sensible amount of hours of the downtime if it is happening weekly and now even multiple times a week?
    • Up x 1
  7. Gozzah

8. JaySon

does that mean if the servers are up again this error dissappears? :eek:
  9. Xandax

Actually - you CAN please everyone.
    You can do that by not targeting the same customer segment EVERY time.

That you CHOOSE not to is an entirely different issue.
  10. GamerzCast

Apparently you cannot read, this isn't a patch. They are upgrading their Database Hardware as seen below.
    Though I absolutely LOVE how much they keep pushing the time back. NOT! Don't lie to us in the beginning and tell us that it'll only be 2.5 hours then gradually bump it up to 6 hours. Just be straight up front from the beginning. That's all we ask. Please don't bs us.

As for all of you out there that tell people to go outside and play, this is for you!
    [IMG]
  11. NightmareP69

I'd rather folow an insane man than a ***** who treats working class citizens and scientists like dirt.
    • Up x 1
  12. Sweeperkaas

13. RogueElement

Hmmm.. I remember a lot of samurai had this same idea with regards to their swords and the introduction of firearms to warfare. Ask Tom Cruise how that worked out
  14. Santondouah

Well, I just canceled my membership.

To me, membership did not mean additional XP (I don't care, BR means nothing in this game and I'm almost fully certed) , additional ressources (I don't need it) or SC (I don't care about aesthetics). It meant that I supported the development of this F2P game.

But I'm getting tired of how SOE gives no sh*t about EU players and players in general (see massive nerfs of weapons once huge amounts of people have bought it without any form or compensation, so that they buy the new generation that is magically released 2 months later).

So no, I don't want to support this anymore and won't give 1 more cent to these guys.

No hypocrisy: I'll still play. I love the game. It's its decision makers' behaviour that I don't like.

To answer Luperza's reply before locking the thread on gameplay discussion (https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...soe-europe-also-want-to-play-the-game.172600/), if the maitenance lasted as long as expected, there wouldn't be any issue. Problem is that since PU02 at least half the maintenances lasted much longer than this.

Easy solution : longer ETAs.

And sorry but for that one, the maintenance is not planned during 3-5 PM CET. It's obviously not possible to perform updates at different times in US and EU (differences in client version on a given server) but every damn "big" update it's the same and EU players are screwed.
    • Up x 1
  15. BrianJ2

You sir(SOE) you made the normal weekly Blizzard maintenance of 6 hours into the EU prime-time. Good job!
  16. Wisdomcube2

I lol'd, not true at all.
    • Up x 4
  17. GalXEEEEE

18. Serafine

• Up x 2
  19. Bl00dZeus

Is that grubby ??
  20. Draylynn

It feels like a sanity check is being done on the players; How long it'll take before we start hyperventilating, throwing various pieces of hardware around and attempting to shove hamster feed through our CD drives to email it over and speed things up.