[Suggestion] To those of you who think subtle hacks are common.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ROMNEYTRON, Feb 7, 2014.

1. ROMNEYTRON

I'm not here to argue with you, I'm here to give you a simple tip: Give people the benefit of the doubt, and assume that someone killed you because they were better. No matter HOW they killed you.

Practice doing this; if taking long, deep breaths helps you calm down, then do it. The point is, if you're going into fights assuming that subtle hacks are a widespread disease, then you will be more prone to rage and accuse even if the person who killed you is legitimate. The moment you let go, is the moment you will start to enjoy the game more. For example, irl, there are 9/11 truthers and other such conspiracy theorists, who associate the slightest hint of discontinuity as evidence of a conspiracy. It destroys these peoples lives, and eventually, they cannot have normal conversations with anyone who doesn't agree with them, simply because they start to believe that said person is actually against them. To a lesser extent, this also applies to gaming, and it's an unhealthy and frankly "un-fun" way to live your life on Auraxis.

So what should you do? Just play. Grind your teeth and swear, but instead of saying "hacker" just say "better player". Now obviously if the guy in clipping through walls and aimbotting from the sky, then you should report him, but otherwise, if the evidence cannot possibly be conclusive, then just assume otherwise.

Just my thoughts on the matter. Again, I am neither disagreeing nor agreeing with anyone. Just preaching acceptance.
    • Up x 7
  2. RHINO_Mk.II

TL;DR Recursion confirmed for using subtle hacks.

Just kidding.
    • Up x 10
  3. Hasteras

Sometimes when the frustration really builds up I'll accuse better players of being hackers just because I know it tends to bother them. It's the only way I know to get under their skin when their skill level is tiers above mine. It actually sort of works on most occasions because they'll frequently engage me in a long tell conversation which is certainly eroding their focus, or at the very least cutting into their trigger time.

I'm bad I know
  4. Vodski

It's funny, I just started playing the game, and the only time I have ever thought "hmm that seemed like ********, wonder if it was legit?" was when I was killed by somebody from Recursion.
    • Up x 3
  5. SNAFUS

Confirmed, Recursion players all use third party software to gain a competitive edge in the game. There could be no other possible way for them to be so amazing.
    • Up x 7
  6. BodyBagCowboy

While a very nice, thoughtful thread, it is important to remember that Planetside 2 does have many hackers and exploits and 9/11 was clearly either a false flag attack or allowed to happen by certain individuals in charge of air defense command. Understanding these things will not affect the sociability of rational persons, do not be afraid.
    • Up x 1
  7. Edenwolf

Good post, in my honest and humble opinion I have never been killed in such a way that would lead me to think he/she was hacking. I have done some decent twitch head shot KO's with a bolt action in QCQ which got me hate tells calling me a hacker, if I can make those shots then I'm under the impression others can too.
  8. Vodski

I never said they are amazing, I just thought it was funny that the only times I have questioned whether something was legit, was with somebody from recursion. Perhaps reading comprehension is difficult for you?
    • Up x 1
  9. SNAFUS

Did I say you called them amazing? Might want to ask yourself about reading comprehension and while your at it look up sarcasm.
    • Up x 3
  10. Vodski

Sarcasm is more difficult to detect through text. On the comprehension callout, guess you got me there, sometimes I read further into what people say.

Also, I hope you weren't calling them amazing, because they aren't. ;)
  11. Vodski

Wanted to edit my previous post but it wouldnt allow me to.

OP, you should stop trying to be Dr. Phil. It just makes you look guilty.
  12. JesusVoxel

I don't think subtle cheats are common. Why would casual players, who don't care about competition bother using them?

Then again if there would be competative outfit that:
    -is interested in MLG scene
    -has strict requirements for it's players (good stats, willing to be better)
    -uses lots of real money in game (same uniforms, membership, etc.)
    -promises that new players will get better
    -keeps only the very active players
    -etc.

Now, if said trusted outfit members would be presented the chance to have a little bit more health, a bit more shields, radar hacks and other subtle cheats that no casual players could really prove being used for sure, and even if given some proof for SOE, would they rather loose a whole outfit that spends a lot of money and is interested to be part of MLG scene? There are pro outfits that do have good players and play fair and then there are outfits that use all known exploits and other unfair means to be even better.

Edit: Can't wait for implants, then it will be even more impossible to prove if pro players are just good, or if they somehow have all implants active at the same time :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  13. AssaultPig

players' stats are public, so if you ever see something that seems suspicious you can always go check your stats site of choice and see what they've been up to.

Most of the time you will discover that their stats are well within the average range; that doesn't mean they weren't hacking, but it's far more likely you just got hit with an unfortunate series of headshots or they were using proximity radar/thermal or whatever than it is that they're running some type of cheat.

There are a couple of players on waterson that I'm pretty suspicious of, but in general most of the complaints about 'subtle' hacks in PS2 are BS.
  14. Akeita

Prob we should just ignore all of dem zergfit, seem like they don't realize that Recursion is the best outfit in Connery ._.
  15. Plunutsud pls

It's virtually impossible to tell if someone is hacking, because there's no killcam.

So whatever. If they hack, let them hack and get banned for it, eventually. :mad:
  16. frankFrank

Dev Drew agrees with you? :)
    • Up x 1
  17. frankFrank

18. Liewec123

It bothers them? I LOVE hackusations!
    Granted they don't happen to me often because usually I'm average, very average,
    but once in awhile i'll have a day where i'll be particularly on-point,
    And getting a hackusation is like a medal,
    bravo you're doing so good today that they think you're cheating!
    :D
  19. AllRoundGoodGuy

[IMG]
  20. Liewec123

Ah well spotted good guy, didn't realise this was a necro'd thread!