Patch Notes - 2/6

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Tenebrae Aeterna

When you have your target roughly aimed in, hit your scope stabilization and charge the weapon simultaneously. It takes a little getting used to, but this should make the process much easier for you. Granted, we're not using live targets right now...so I'm not sure how frustrating this will be when targets actually start moving.
    • Up x 1
  2. z1967

Based on what I am seeing in the comments, I am not too optimistic about the TR ES weapon. It was stressed that it needs to have accuracy. It seems it reacts more like a scout rifle. Gonna have to try it when I can.
  3. Eyeklops

It could just make a ton of noise when it detects enemies, like PS1.
  4. Rohxer

No mention of EMP grenades and decoy grenades and they are both still broken. These are the infiltrator's unique grenades. How are they not mentioned at all on an "infiltrator update"?

Are you planning on just removing them, or can you let us know if you are even aware that they no longer work?
    • Up x 1
  5. GalacticaActual

But thats the thing, it's another step to achieve something that the other factions don't have to do. Is there a step that's been added to either the new NC or TR rifles that actively makes it more dificult to get a headshot? There are other ways to make up for fact that this is OSK capable and doesn't have bullet drop, this irritating charge mechanism doesn't have to be it.
  6. Eclipson

How long do you think the server will be down for? I'm assuming they are fixing all the weapon sights bugs, and the NC rifle vehicle damage. Just curious if there is any ETA?
    • Up x 2
  7. Tenebrae Aeterna

I think it's essentially their idea of compensation for lack of bullet drop and ammunition.
  8. GalacticaActual

Their idea sucks IMO! Either have it as a semi auto with unlimited ammo and no ability to OSK or a BASR with no bullet drop but limits on something like round capacity.
  9. Chipay

So NC is getting a Bolt-action-shotgun-Lancer that 8-shots MBT's from behind....
    wtf?
  10. xinatron

the crossbow is a bit bugged atm. it seems that sometimes, you don't chamber a new bolt but you can shoot in a very quick succession
  11. Shizzerk

NC infiltrator getting a sniper rifle/anti armor shotgun (Really devs? op much?) No one faction should have an anti armor weapon primary for infiltrators. Not even looking at it's damage on the PTS (which is pretty absurd) it's game breaking all by itself. I'm sure the damage will charge, I hope, but the fact that it's essentially an anti-armor pump action shotgun for infiltrators is kind of broken.

TR Sniper rifle is pretty boring and its not all that great compared to our other guns. It hits like an average TR assault rifle and has a lot of recoil. It's pretty ineffective for a sniper rifle.There's NC weapons that hit harder AND have less recoil than this gun ACX, Reaper, Gauss Saw.

VS sniper rifle is a scout rifle or if charged it hits like a bolt action, but has a massive cool-down which makes using the charge shot very situational. There's no medium between the single shot and charge. It'd be cool if it does varying level of damage based on how long it's charged. I'm sure it will change. Once that's fixed I'm sure it will be balanced. I'd be OK if this was the ONLY ES sniper brought into the game.

TR Lumifiber and gold trim infiltrator armor is LITERALLY the composite armor, but re-skinned. Very disappointing.

The NS Sniper and the Crossbow are about the only things I'm looking forward to in this update.

Not sure if I want to spend money on this game until this actually goes live, because right now I'm not too excited about this update.
  12. happyjedi

I agree with most you all about your complaining in regard of messed up guns but don't forget that's not live, that's pts for a reason.
    • Up x 1
  13. DeadliestMoon

Dude, this went up on the PTS yesterday. Calm your ****.
    • Up x 1
  14. PurpleOtter

[BUG] You can equip the new NS sniper rifle on a Heavy Assault!
    • Up x 1
  15. Eternal Enigma

Infiltrator Update

I really like the infiltrator update. The Stalker Cloak now allows the infiltrator to become a viable tool for recon missions. The ability to cloak and stay cloaked while inside enemy territory will allow you to relay valuable information to your squad/platoon and it will let this class do what it was intended to do. As the recon class this should have been a feature for the Infiltrator from day one. Stalker Cloak with a radar blocking implant will finally bring out the true recon potential for this class.

Stalker Cloak VS. Hunter Cloak

Many people may assume that everyone will just switch to Stalker Cloak and try to use it the way they use Hunter Cloak, but I don't believe this will be the case especially since your primary weapon is disabled. I know there are many people that are really good at using their pistol and force blade, but for me without the SMG the Infiltrator would be useless to me since I'm not good with the pistol, sniper rifle, or force blade. The Stalker Cloak is better for the type of play style I want for the Infiltrator (recon), but not having a primary weapon is going to get me killed every time an enemy confronts me and I believe this will be frustrating enough for most people to keep them from using the Stalker Cloak as a Hunter Cloak replacement.

Players that try to use the Stalker Cloak as a Hunter Cloak replacement will experience the following:

1. An enemy or a group of enemies engage you.

2. You come out of cloak to return fire.

3. You press 1 (oops no primary weapon).

4. You're dead because the Infiltrator is so delicate that the split second it took you to realize you don't have a primary weapon got you killed... again. You've been playing Planetside 2 for a year now and old habits are hard to break.

Stalker Cloak Bug?

When you have the Stalker Cloak equipped player movement causes the cloak to drain as intended, but it also drains when you use a jump pad (fly through the air/fall to the ground) and when you use an elevator. If you continue to stand on the elevator that takes you down it will completely drain your Stalker Cloak. Is this intended?
  16. Cromell

Please tune down the AV damage of NC sniper rifle and Crossbow's explosive bolts - right now they are too high, especially with NC sniper rifle. It's damage against MAXes is also broken.

I would also suggest removing/reducing damage from sensor darts on the Crossbow, to make it a proper trade-off.

TR sniper is kinda meh, the random recoil kills it, sadly.

Other than that, great job!
  17. Shizzerk

I'm going to ***** about it now. They let game breaking ZOE Drive into the actual game and it was there for months until they fixed it.
  18. Teoke

The charge on the VS sniper rifle is quite clunky to use, in addition that its cooldown period is very harsh after firing a powered up shot.

My suggestion for a charging mechanic:

(Shot starts charging as you ADS, no additional key presses are needed, making it more user friendly. You can hold the chagre for as long as you like, so you can get the perfect shot. This also allows you to make its charge time longer to balance the weapon out versus regular BASRs. It also allows you repeatedly press the trigger to fire Semi Auto )
  19. DeadliestMoon

That was then, this is now. If you haven't noticed, they are taking a much more active approach to patching and balancing.. Case and point: the recent implementation, buff, then nerf of the Coyote Missiles.
  20. DeadliestMoon

So in other words, instead of a charge up mechanic, you want a discharge mechanic.