A few questions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nyro, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Nyro

1. How much does K/D really matter on PS 2? If it does matter what is an acceptable K/D ratio? Also does it matter much if you happen to mostly play a medic for your team?

2. Got any tips to bring the lag down in heavy combat situations? According to several system reqs sites my PC and net should run this game easily but I find myself having issues in highly contested areas.
  2. Octopinky

K/D ratio doesn't mean anything in this game. Here's how it works:

If you have a ridiculously high K/D ratio, people think you're a Liberator / ESF rocket / tank spammer.
    If you have a ridiculously low K/D ratio, people think you main a support class (which is completely normal and acceptable).
    A K/D ratio of anything between 0.8 and 10 makes people not think anything negative about you.

This is not a deathmatch / team deathmatch game like your average FPS. This game is about objectives, teamwork, strategy, coordination, etc. The best advice I can give you is to play the game without caring about your K/D, ever. Craving an "elite" K/D ratio breeds one of the worst kinds of attitudes a gamer can have.

People will love you for playing medic. Medics are often the extra push to turn a hopeless situation into a victory. Medics are also one of the best ways to earn experience points and certification points in the game.

I can't say much more than the basics of medic because I main Guerrilla Warfare Heavy Assault, the Sunderer Hunter (yes, that is an actual thing and I am dead serious about that), but trust me when I say that playing medic is not a bad thing.

Heavy combat situations will always lag. Even with the optimizations that the developers did to the game, battles with a huge concentration of people within that area will strain the hell out of everybody's systems. You might have heard this cliche a billion times already, but turning down the graphics settings helps tremendously. Just be warned that some things, such as an enemy infiltrator's cloak, are much harder to see when the game is set to the lowest settings.
    • Up x 3
  3. Raraldor

KDR does matter in my opinion, but in a way different from other games. Instead of looking at it as how many people you kill before you die, you should look at it as your success rate for whatever it is you do. It's not an arbitrary number, it's more like a way to compare how well you are doing at your role compared to others (medics and engineers being the exception), so don't compare your KDR to someone who mainly fights in a tank. The difference is slight, but it's there.

People always like medics who do their job, and it's a pretty decent way to get certs to further your healing ways.

As for lag, I have everything set to low or off except graphics quality, which is set to medium to see infiltrators. I also have render distance set to 1,018 because it's annoying to get it to exactly 1,000. That is the best you can do to help with frames while still being able to see far enough for most things.
  4. Nyro

So what type of KDR should I aim for if I plan n playing Medic a lot?
  5. come1l

Since you are a Glorious Terran people, I will give you my most sincere answers.

1. How much does K/D really matter on PS 2? If it does matter what is an acceptable K/D ratio? Also does it matter much if you happen to mostly play a medic for your team?
    KDR doesn't really matter as long as you are not a pro nor a public figure(Such as an outfit leader).

2. Got any tips to bring the lag down in heavy combat situations? According to several system reqs sites my PC and net should run this game easily but I find myself having issues in highly contested areas.
    Set your render distance and resolution down and enjoy the superiority over the lagging enemies.
    [IMG]
  6. Elrobochanco

Honestly as a medic people won't care if it's 0.1 as long as you rez and top them off after rezzing (until you have max rank tool and this just happens). Hunt corpse piles, kill an enemy if they are still on the area if needed (check to be safe). Then play necromancer and reap the good will and certs.
  7. CptSundancer

#1. K/D ratio is what you want to make of it. Some outfits only accept certain K/D ratios, but unless you're planning to supplement your income with pro-gaming revenues, don't worry about that.
    Acceptable level? I just hit 1.0 and I'm a BR 68. I'm not a good pilot or tanker, and I main engineer. Am I cool with that? Irks me sometimes, but hey, nothing feels better than looking at my all time kills board and seeing the people I've killed the most have higher K/D ratios than me ;)

#2. Stay on the finges. Lower your settings. You can set it all to ultra low and bump graphics to medium so you can still see infiltrators. Possibly avoid the mega fights in Biolabs/amp stations. Flanking is a very respectable pursuit.
  8. Camycamera

*looks at sig*

Liberator / ESF rocket / tank spammer.