Server Downtime for Hotfix February 6, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Tathar

not every time the server goes down, but 4x in 3 days is a bit much.

I pay for the servers to be up, not down

all this could have been done in a comprehensive patch tomorrow for wds
  2. d_carey Developer

There is no patch for WDS. All the setup was included in the last couple patches.
    • Up x 4
  3. cruczi

Sneaky bastards...
  4. B3cker

How about you also talk to your EU-friends aka "PSG" about the player-studio items? Because we are not able to buy them FOR MONTH now.
  5. HystericalCyborg

Nice im getting those 1000 certs back!
  6. pizo1

SOE pls fix this problem what this member wrote.All other stuff/problems/bugs are endurable but those specific few are tottal rage outburst.
    • Up x 3
  7. Nitish Sharma

Getting disconnected every time I log-in,sees the warpgate's spawn room ,Disconnected. :|
  8. Nitish Sharma

Holy ****,again! Now I'm tired of this.
  9. Yaesu

Been seeing everything oldmutt said a lot. I'll add to it, how it seems like you can unload half a clip, good body shots to, into a player and they don't go down. They hit you 3 times and you're dead???
    • Up x 4
  10. MetalMaysiah

Hmmm I am new to the game. I am a little at edge if I made a right choice. When Tech service start talkign about "Potential fix" for issues. Does not breed confidence in the game structure. ;)
    • Up x 1
  11. Azanure

Because all Europeans live in the same timezone. Right?
    • Up x 1
  12. Hammersteyn

hue hue hue
  13. SC4NNER

Regarding the Connery server... For a while now, on Amerish, the Wokuk Amp Station [important to the VS faction at the moment] resource gain for work is broken. No matter what you do there you don't get any resource gain. I figured it would be noticed and fixed soon but it has been this way a while so I figured I would toss the info out there in case developers aren't aware yet. It makes it very difficult for VS to get air resources on Amerish at the moment considering the main air resource territory [ Wokuk ] is far from the warp gate and you can't even get resource points while fighting there.... I made a forum post but not sure if this gets more visibility and is more likely to be noticed. Thanks
  14. chiensale2005

Euh i dont know if you have fix the paticule effect for some players but me never got prob before. Got you update now and i can't see me particule from my Healing gun at all... oh and always play on medium setting on all.

ReRdit : I confirm what someone say about setting the particule effect to high will fix back the Healing beam. my only prob is it was working fine at medium before this maintenance. I know your working all hard, but this fix is not right at all. Have a nice day.
    • Up x 1
  15. xSalt

This suggestion actually makes very little sense from a fiscal point of view. You are asking them to do the same thing three separate times, pay for the manpower three separate times.... Instead they tried to find a time when it is less intrusive for everyone. The work day for the crews that implement these patches starts at 6:00 am PST, they get on this as soon as possible in an effort to cause you as little distress as possible. On another note, entertainment prime time is considered to generally be between the hours of 7-11pm, so before you cry "Patch during EU primetime again!?!?!" Understand that they could wait till after lunch and really screw you but they dont.

also, another un-related note, balance pass for ground vehicles ( i.e. harasser) please!
  16. Overblended

The last patch was so bad I could not play for over 15 minutes without having to close the program and restart. Then last night I get an email from SOE saying I was cheating and the they banned my account. They couldn't understand why my "Latency" was so bad so they closed my account. I couldn't even update my BIOS by myself and they said I was altering "speed hacking" there program. Quite frankly this is BS. I played and paid for over a year, then I stopped paying them and this is what I get. The frickin boot! Anyone that has an 8 core machine will understand the problems I have had with game play. They can take this F***** game and shove it where the sun don't shine. And that goes for you too Timothy Vick - Customer Service Manager - SOE
  17. Eternal Enigma

This hotfix did not correct the particle effect issue.

My graphics are set to ultra and the particle effects still aren't working. No particles for the teleporter, jump pad, medic tool, or bullet sparks. This is the same issue that is currently on the Test Server. Particles for ultra settings haven't worked on the Test Server for 3-5 months.

I really don't understand how stuff like this happens on the live servers. You guys upload cosmetic vehicle items and player studio items to the depot and particles stop working on ultra settings? o_O

You guys don't have a disgruntled employee secretly sabotaging your updates do you? I seriously do not understand how some of these issues even occur.

This is how I visualize this issue...

{Particles for Ultra = off} <----- Turn this back on.
    {Particles for High = on}
    {Particles for Medium = on}
    {Particles for Low = on}

{Server Latency (unplayable) = True} <----- Never set this one to true... it's bad.
    {Server Latency (playable) = False}

I know the real coding isn't that simple and I'm not trying make you guys angry, but that's what the update for February 5th did.
    • Up x 2
  18. Styrkr

Can't work. The Client has to be in sync with all servers. If everyone stuck to their region's servers, it wouldn't be an issue and they could stagger updates. But since there are a lot of Russians and folks from the UK and India on Waterson, I'm willing to bet that all of the servers are equally diverse. I think SOE should limit server selection to your region. Lag would be reduced so much too.

On another note, this one goes out to those calling for Double XP:
    You want compensation for them fixing the game? By that logic, you should be happy with them never fixing anything whatsoever. But we all know that won't fly either. Buy a boost.
  19. DarkBabylon

Regarding those downtimes. I've been through MANY MMO's. Infinity Online, FlyFF, Maple Story...etc...
    You have got to understand that 2 to 3 times of downtime in a week is generally rare, but not a worthwhile for double XP, since those are mostly scheduled ahead, and the time when the servers are up again is known. Shutting down the servers for 1-3 hours is generally okay, and heck 7 hours of a big patch update is also normal though rare.

Maple Story for example has these kind of issues and still patch the game heavily, but no one seems to care whether or not the servers are up because it's a regular thing, and hey 1 hour of no play time? Might play some Tetris or do something productive, because heck maybe in 2 days the game may close down forever right?
    They DID have a 2 week continuous downtime, and ONLY THEN they considered a triple XP.
    You bastards like free stuff and for whatever reason you are unhappy for bug fixing on consecutive days, which anyways last for an hour each.

Also working on an online game is tough nuts. I work on an online delivery service, and believe me the ***t you are going through there is not even aiming towards funny, it's chaotic! Now add programming to the mix, you have several new things:
    -Early than usual work arrival (usually 6 AM, considering you need to get there you should be up by 5 AM)
    -Chaotic misunderstanding between an FNG and their higher ups.
    -Later than usual home coming time, sometimes at 4 AM crying yourself to sleep only to wake up 2 hours later finding out you are sick as hell.
    -Bugs Bugs Bugs Bugs Bugs.

Seriously These cases are rare, but before heavy activity these things tend to happen. Especially on big updates and releases. They are the most work heavy weeks you could ever ask fro yourself. These programmers are sometimes put through hell in order to deliver a package of entertainment.
    Of course to not overestimate, I do have to say that most of the time the work is quite relaxed when there is no specific deadline, or when the deadline is plausible.

Also most of the bugs you describe seem to be heavy latency issues, sometimes caused by heavy computer activity, so before you go an complain do have a test, clean your computer then test again AND ONLY THEN complain. It is not likely that only few people out of thousands have severe case of latency issues and be a programmer's fault. Although the false FF warning, I haven't stumbled upon although sure should be fixed asap.
    Also these patch notes seem to be heavily game breaking as they are mostly consistent while getting killed by 1 bullet while you shot more dealing more damage are not as consistent, heck most weapons don't even deal that much damage, in fact just saying some unspecific info such as what weapon was used by either side could be heavily ignored by the dev team since most of time the game was built in a way that sniper rifles for example are able to deliver consistent kills with a good bullet efficiency while some weapons are built for spray and pray which are mostly fine for CQC, but heck I wouldn't be surprised to see a sniper going CQC wit ha sniper rifle, we live in the age where quick scoping is super viable.
  20. crashbx

When we will see 1 sec random freezing issue resolved its freaking annoying revert all patches and return us back to the time without issues !