I hope there is a special place in hell for SMG infiltrators

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Christo92K, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Christo92K

Wow.. so much fun to play when your toaster can barely take on the big fights anyway, you get totally unrecognizable enemies that drop you instantly. Why didn't soe fix this crap yet?

I remember when infils were too easy to see but seriously? For how long is this left this way? It's gamebreaking.
    • Up x 6
  2. f0d

i have no problems with SMG infils - they are free certs waiting to be collected with a bullet or 3
    i dont have any issues seeing them

they are less trouble than snipers that can go invisible 1/2 a mile away - at least you can shoot back at the smg infil
    • Up x 21
  3. Christo92K

try seeing them on the low settings then. It's completely broken, there are times when I see some outlines moving around, but for the most part they just pop out of thin air.
    • Up x 3
  4. f0d

dont run on low?
    • Up x 5
  5. Rogueghost

I wouldn't go as far as to call them free certs, they're good at exploiting clueless zerglings but get torn apart by anyone that has earned their bonus check.
    • Up x 4
  6. Christo92K

read the OP?
    • Up x 2
  7. Oreo202

Your personal experience does not necessarily reflect the complete picture of the SMG/Infiltrator.
    Edit: I've heard that low decreases performance on computers with poor CPUs, try medium.
    • Up x 2
  8. f0d

i dont see anything about low settings
    • Up x 3
  9. Vaphell

so what's the fps difference when you enable shaders and put everything else to the lowest setting possible?
  10. f0d

not much - about 5fps in my experience (and its what i do myself)
  11. doombro

You seem to have missed the part where he mentioned he was running on a toaster.

Toaster's aren't exactly keen on anything above super mega ultra low settings.
    • Up x 6
  12. DeadliestMoon

I swear, people are way too liberal with the term, "gamebreaking" and the word, "broken." Seriously, cut it out.
    • Up x 17
  13. f0d

why isnt he playing on a computer and not a toaster?
    how was i supposed to know what the toaster comment meant? for all i know its a brand of pc's

still it makes very little difference putting everything else on low once you put shaders on medium
  14. Vaphell

yeah, but how much difference does it make on OP's toaster.
    55/60 is different than 10/15
  15. Ganelon

Buy a better PC.
    • Up x 7
  16. Tentakewls

To me is around 15 to 20 fps, I run it with graphics on medium and everything else off or in low despite the fact that this means my fps range between 70ish when not much is going on to 15ish when something actually happens. Despite the fact that playing with anything below 30 fps is pretty much impossible and nerve wracking begin killed by invisible infiltrators who can run straight at you, uncloak, kill you and run away is one of the most aggravating things on this game since there's nothing you can do about it. The only thing worse than this is when you know ( because of darts, noise, etc ) that there's an Inf standing in front of you but you can't see it, and he either just walks away or kills you.
  17. f0d

true

its just this is honestly the first time i have heard the word "toaster" being used as a low end pc
    • Up x 1
  18. Dieter Perras

you're probably running low graphics like me so its understandable that these other folks wouldn't get it. Your best bet is to just go with it and keep your eyes peeled when you think an infiltrator's about. FYI this is why I hate infiltrators, especially the NC for starting with a bolt action, not that they should be nerfed I just hate them.

(Just think of how awesome you'll be at taking them out when you get higher res graphics)
  19. Nephi1im

Walk a mile in an SMG infiltrators shoes..... But seriously, there are some MLG infiltrators out there to be sure, but I can promise you that if they gimped the cloak any more than it already is, no one would use it. I get the whole "sucks on low" thing, but they shouldn't be balancing game mechanics for it.
    • Up x 4
  20. Tentakewls

It's very common
    • Up x 1