WDS: New Rules. New Scoring. New Rewards.

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EventHorizon

Sounds like great changes. Hopefully the algorithm works. We TR have been below 30% on Mattherson for a few weeks which would make this a painful experience.
    • Up x 4
  2. Bortasz

Thanks for answer.
    • Up x 1
  3. Rolfski

This is a step in the right direction although your overly reliance on Warpgate data to prevent implementing any population balancing measures really worries me. I have a hard time of seeing this helping out serious pop balancing issues we have now atm. If anything it will probably boost population imbalances, which was absolutely the single big fail of the first WDS series.

I'm also very worried about the complexity of this whole WDS system. Meta game systems should be very easy to learn and understand but extremely tough to master. I have a hard time of seeing the average player actually picking up on these multi-layered mechanics and actively playing for it, which kinda defeats the purpose of WDS altogether.
    • Up x 2
  4. whitupiggu

Will the reward be only for that character? So if you get a camo it will only be usable by the character you got the reward on?
  5. lemonsqueezy72

re-installing PS2 now after a bit of a break cos of all this. I hope you haven't nerfed my anti air guns while Ive been away lol.
  6. Lancener

Okay, now this has me excited for WDS, personal rewards to make sure that even if your empire loses your contributions weren't worthless, you still get something. This is going to have me playing a good bit more, hopefully 2000 isn't some ridiculous amount compared to how fast it's earned, I plan on shooting for that every week.

This should turn out much better than the first one even if the population scoring becomes an issue again, people have more fun if they're getting free stuff.
    • Up x 3
  7. Luperza Community Manager

I'm not sure where you are bringing Certification Points into this system. This system has nothing to do with Certification Points.

In regards to capturing verses defending/holding, it's going to be a tactical thing. Every 30 minutes, your empire will attain WDS Points worth the value of the regions they currently own. The longer you hold a region, the more points that region will be worth, up to the max 6 hour value. Your empire is going to have to make some major decisions based on how much a region is worth at the current moment.

For example, let's say we are currently attacking a Major Facility that is worth only 12 points, but there's a Large Outpost that we could capture that's worth 50 points because the enemy has held onto it for more than 6 hours. You may want to move your army to the Large Outpost instead of the Major Facility to attain the larger amount of WDS Points.

That make sense?
    If we find that population issues are still a problem, which they haven't been in the "under the radar" tests that we've been doing, we'll make adjustments. ;)

As far as complication, I think it will be very obvious once you get in game. On the map, when you hover over a region, it will tell you how much an area is worth, so it'll make it easy for you to calculate which base is a better decision to take or defend.

This will be per character, not per account. The rewards are based on what THAT character does to help their empire.
    • Up x 3
  8. whitupiggu

Good. Maybe we will see less 4th factioning during WDS then.
    • Up x 8
  9. MickeySerendipity

One question I have about all these "under the radar tests" would be ...who won?
    We all know already, of course.
    • Up x 1
  10. FlamingSquirrel

Sounds good. Looking forward to this a lot. I just hope we don't see massive overpopulation of certain factions.
    • Up x 2
  11. Luperza Community Manager

Each week, we had a different winner. ;)
    • Up x 3
  12. NevarxTR

It would be awesome if you had Double XP on during WDS.
  13. MickeySerendipity

You're already getting free stuff. XP = certs = stuff.
    • Up x 1
  14. Denton416

By the end of this I will probably be playing this game with religious dedication.
    • Up x 3
  15. AlephZed

Still waiting for my loyal soldier decal or whatever reward that you promised several times for not creating/using alts on tr/vs the entire WDS and playing NC only.
    • Up x 1
  16. Kalendric

How could you? How could you bribe me with free stuff? Don't you know how difficult it is to be negative and critical when people are dangling freebies in your face?

Happiness is not my Tradition.
    • Up x 3
  17. Luperza Community Manager

Not sure what you're talking about exactly. Please submit a ticket to our Customer Service Team and they'll get that situated for you, but you should probably provide more detail than just that. :p
    • Up x 2
  18. Desann

I personally have seen the much under-popped TR on connery holding their own. I play VS on connery. With the right leadership/teamwork a smaller force can be more effective than a larger un-organized faction.

I'm glad you aren't implementing any population restrictions. I would be upset if I couldn't log in because my faction has too much population. I personally do NOT have different factions on the same server, I have one of each, all on different servers.
  19. DevDevBooday

YAAAAAAY. This sounds like its going to be AWESOME!

Im REALLY digging the personal contribution rewards idea.
    • Up x 1
  20. LordDethir

How Many points per capture/Defence?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.