Another Quicky Rant/Warning - Death Screen

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by BloodyPuma, Feb 1, 2014.

1. BloodyPuma

There was an update on "death screen".

Long story short, they dont want to do a kill cam. But they want to implement still frame minimap with a red line directing exactly to you.

If you ever felt alone in your cosy sniping spot [ which you ESF ejected, randomly 1:10000 landed using instant action, beaconized or simply nijna jumped under fire] FEAR NOT! Not only they will hear you, see your red dot, hear your cloak, see ingame arrow to you from tracer, if they missed that, now post mortem minimam will give damn still frame direction to your lonely YOU.

Official motto is - "to help new players". As we know - new players are so lost, that they will got minimal usage for it. Unofficial motto - "what newbies can use, veterans will abuse".

If you dont like the idea, please react here:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/february-death-screen.162116/
    • Up x 2
  2. m44v

I don't feel too strongly against this since I already know from where the headshot came thanks to the hitmarker showing briefly. If SOE isn't going to remove that hitmarker then I don't mind it, there's no reason for preventing newbies from having the same information veterans can already infer, and we all know how newbies are just sniper bait.

I don't see how it can be abused, sure is presented in a more clear and understandable manner, but whatever... tracers exposes you more than this.
    • Up x 1
  3. CuteBeaver

I don't think SOE Is going to actually give up on this kill cam fight with the community.

For some reason, they need some type of kill cam in this game. Who knows why but CLEARLY someone pretty awful is poking the development team fiercely over this. I am trying to pick out exactly what that image shows... I THINK its showing a line drawn from the dead player all the way to the side of the map screen. Its not trying to show the distance... just the direction.

At first glance I thought it was showing a sniper at the edge of the map. It was a tad bit confusing to be honest. I think there is a little tiny dot near the dead players location indicating the enemy who killed him but I could be wrong. I'm most concerned about the dot actually. I hope SOE adopts a 30 degree cone method which is easier to understand at a glance, and ditches the dot entirely if a suppressor was used.
    • Up x 2
  4. BloodyPuma

Yep, definetly I can feel that devs got a big pressure for a kill cam. Like it will give them +10 on MLG fan-world while the game itself is not MLG-ready.

In a lol-rant style - it looks like SOE is starting anti-sniper update. Minimap kill cam + awareness implant + flashlight "i got you" thingy. Heh ;) Propably DEVS were killed to many times on FNO from sniper fire ;) Maybe they should try play sniper for w hole week, 8 working/playing hours a day. There will be many lessons for them.
  5. CuteBeaver

Honestly from a PR standpoint...

they will probably do the Wrel Cam, and try and save face with the community by dropping awareness entirely. Besides they already got what they needed, awareness was just a backdoor to achieve kill cam// wrel cam goals.

I think they FEEL the need to do this to retain more of the newer players who probably give up, thinking people are hacking and give the game a bad name due to their own ignorance. Of course that is just speculation, but I feel this is just bid to retain more new players, cut training tutorial and development cost/time. All i have to say, is I am relieved that everyone spoke up, and they will not implement a full blown kill cam. LA's and Infiltrators would suffer horribly from it. So far as awareness goes I noticed Maggie commented on Wrels recent video about implants. So hopefully some changes will be made regarding current and future implants.

About that video:
    He pointed out the development team, that they were missing an opportunity to better define our class roles, and by giving non stealth classes things like sensor shield they are watering down the uniqueness of infiltrators... Wrel made some excellent suggestions and I'd really encourage anyone interested to watch his video all the way through.
    • Up x 1
  6. CerebralLOLsy

Ugh. Why do games add features that just remove skill?
    • Up x 5
  7. ISKNausicaa

I've been saying this for a while it's either someone with a lot of sway close to or actually in the dev team who has a severe dislike for infils, look at the unfixed bugs like decoy grenades (been broken since beta and still no fix), the undocumented nerfs time and time again, the silly unfounded compromises such as the 150m sniping range for giving up the terrible nanoweave "dice roll on head shot" design, the very fact it we have wanted a ps1 style cloak and we still haven't gotten it a year later despite being promised it back in March 2013.

Now we get flashlights that show up cloaked infils, in our own bloody patch.

No other class has been hit as often as we are, look at medics, access to arguably the best rifles in the game, can aoe heal and use c4, can res someone in under a second or res an entire room with one nade and get exponentially stronger the more of them you have in one place, how many nerfs have they gotten?

I could understand if this stuff is to balance improved stealth/cloaking but we haven't heard a whisper, and tbh I wouldn't trust the devs if they did say it was coming given their track record when it comes to ponying up buffs/gameplay improvements for infils as opposed the more numerous nerfs.
    • Up x 1
  8. Iridar51

I also think is a bad idea. I gave them my opinion on the roadmap.
  9. Vaphell

goddamnit, as someone who enjoys flanking and often puts a lot of time into getting into position before even scoring a single kill, i am not amused.
    No reason to stray from the rest of grunts - it's not like soloing on deep flanks was not hard enough. 360 vision required, nobody to hide behind, no medics to heal/rez.
    • Up x 1
  10. CerebralLOLsy

Light Assault would like a word with you.
    • Up x 2
  11. Mustarde

I left my negative feedback on this as well. I hope they listen.
  12. DeadliestMoon

LAs have been hit harder and the infiltrator update will water down the uniqueness of the LA class even further by gaining access to one of the two unique things of the class.
  13. DeadliestMoon

Actually it would mainly be just Infiltrators, LAs are constantly moving. Question: have you played an FPS with a killcam before?
  14. Sworaven

Goodbye flanking, my old friend. You have been kind to me :'|
    • Up x 1
  15. ISKNausicaa

Could you list what's changed with LA since beta?

Here are the inf ones off the top of my head:
    Nano-weave basr roll dice on headshot debacle that took the better part of a year to fix
    Cloaked units showing up on radar
    Faction specific cloaking sounds
    Repeated increase in the distance our cloaks could be heard from, was around 30 meters in beta, then around 100m, now can be heard from render
    Faction specific cloak colours
    Radar darts showing up on the mini maps (no other radar does..)
    Hacking terms can be seen by enemies on the mini maps
    And now the flashlights
    Feel free to add any I missed

The ad pump? Bleh lackluster at best

The thing that galls me is they have enough time to nerf us but not enough to fix bugs with the class, some of which have been with us since beta, for ***** and giggles here they are:

Decoy grenades: broken since implementation, never fixed
    Cloak randomly leaving heads and hands of infils uncloaked
    Cloak that randomly doesn't cloak on your screen
    Wraith cloak randomly leaving its rider uncloaked
    Basr shot that hits it target not doing any damage or using ammo ( something to do with latency and cloaking after a shot)
    Again feel free to add any I may have missed
    • Up x 1
  16. isiy

This is going to be horrible with that auto-spotting implant crap. They're literally going to be told where you are as well as auto-spotting you with a big damn red mark above your head.