[BUG] Bug report on the EMP grenade, needs upvotes.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Plague Rat, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Plague Rat

I’m taking a page from the great Mustarde and trying what he did with the PU-02 scoping problem with the EMP and asking everyone to help get this noticed. I created a bug report thread for this since there really weren’t any. Please go and upvote the crap out of it and maybe get the issue the attention it deserves.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...de-detection-radius-broken-post-pu-02.168462/

I think I might have actually found a possible cause of the problem.

As many of us are aware the radius of the EMP grenades have been anywhere from inconsistent to flat out nonexistent. I didn’t even notice because it was more or less still working for me. In trying to figure out why that was the case, I uncovered some interesting details on the bug. More often than not, I detonate them on structures, not terrain, and the issue is almost exclusive to ground detonated EMPs.

There seems to be an extremely weird issue in these cases that are making their radius essentially nothing to targets on the same ground as the EMP detonation. At the very least until this gets fixed you can still get some use out of EMPs by detonating them off walls and ceilings where they actually retain an effective radius.

• Up x 8
  2. Tenebrae Aeterna

Amazing find...very strange.
  3. Zinus

This explains why my emp's didn't detonate mines...

nice finds... off to like the video
  4. Plague Rat

Thanks. If you really want to help me out, upvote the bug report thread I linked in the original post. I'm hoping a big enough score might get it some dev attention.

Also I think mines not detonating is a seperate bug. Frag/sticky/av grenades won't set them off either, nor the explosion from other mines. The only thing that seems to do the job is direct damage, or splash damage from actual weapon (rocket launchers, vehicle mounted). The splash from deployables/throwables doesn't register, only weapons directly fired by the player seem to have splash damage that can hit them.
    • Up x 1
  5. Plague Rat

Today's patch has gone through, and this issue remains unresolved. It might have been a little much to expect a fix in less than a week of starting this thread... but then this bug has been in the game for over a month now. I'm really hoping they're not going to wait until the infiltrator update next month to fix this, if at all.

If you haven't already done so, any upvotes on the bug report thread (link in the OP) to increase it's score and maybe get it noticed would be appreciated.
  6. Rohxer

I told you they were being screwy... ;)

Your video does a great job of illustrating the problem. Keep in mind that EMPs were always affected by this bug before - to a lesser extent. If you were behind an object, but in the EMP area of effect, your shield would fall and then come back immediately with no delay. This may or not be related to this.

And I wish you luck with your bug report campaign. I did the same thing with the ESF stealth cert when it had no effect on lock-ons. It took about 5 months for SOE to acknowledge it, and 9 months for them to fix it. This was despite it being one of the top 5 ranked post on the bug forum for a while, and a much higher profle issue affecting many more players. But we can hope! Might try reddit or tweets since they appear to pay much more attention to those places. Also posting on the main forum here may help to get a few more up-votes as well if you haven't already.
    • Up x 1
  7. Plague Rat

Hah yeah, but I was right about it being a bug and not a nerf.

Truth be told that little back and forth is what prompted this, so credit where credit is due. I wanted to figure out why I was having less of a problem that everyone else, and as it turns out it, ended up being caused by the way I used them, detonating against walls and structures to prep a corner or room. Maybe 1 out of 20 grenades actually hit the floor.

I do there's a relationship to that limited EMP effect, in that optimization of the grenades would involve streamlining or reducing the number of checks that had to be made per detonation. They mentioned something along those lines early last year when they were working to make LoS to the detonation matter in applying the effect, back when you could still hit someone with a flash grenade through a wall for full effect. My reckoning of it is that if they tried to make it more efficient once again as part of PU-02 and, because EMPs already did a few things no other 'nades did, something probably got overlooked and as a result got messed up pretty badly

Good idea on expanding the campaign. I don't frequent reddit, but I might for this, and I'll probably give it another update before I start tweeting devs. As for starting another thread in general I'm actually hesitant to do that if only because then I'd have 3 threads up in different sub forums for the same topic.
    • Up x 1
  8. KingCrimson

Why is this not fixed yet?

Btw was the grenade/explosions doing no damage to mines/c4 intentional? I presume if it was, the EMP nade should still be destroying all mines/c4?
  9. CuteBeaver

10. Plague Rat

Pretty sure that one is an unintentional bug too. Splash damage from actual weapons still damages them, rocket launchers, vehicle mounted explosive weaponry, and even the splash from a UB grenade launcher will get the job done, so it stands to reason grenades and other mines are being factored a bit differently, likely because they're not player fired projectiles but more or less independent entities, so the issue seems to blanket all of them.

That's part of the problem with massive updates like PU-02 that broke all of this. So much was changed all at once, who the hell can honestly say what broke what.
  11. Plague Rat

Also, just out of curiosity, how many people have actually filed in-game '/bug' reports on these issues?
  12. KnightCole

EMP is ******** lol

It seems when it works its a far to long range anyway.

My conc nades dont evne work that far away...