Server Downtime for Patch January 30, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Eyeklops

IMO that is good enough then. 5 minutes is more than enough time to limit abuse.

It sounds like they went the right direction on this one and Galaxy/Sunderer spawning will be a squad leader "gather all my men up and put them in one place" utility first and foremost, and a one-shot "ZOMG spawners in the NDZ!!!" enabler.
  2. Forkyar24

there needs to be a no deploy zone
  3. Forkyar24

needs to be a limit on this stuff other wise a lot of abuse will be coming
  4. LibertyRevolution

I will. I have a battle gal, and +50Xp for every deploy kill, 47 people, so yes, yes I will.
  5. ncDieseL

No more patches until you fix the 96% and long logging in time problem. There's no point stating it as a known issue and then just deploying a patch in a "sh*t happens" fashion.

Currently looking at a 96% loading screen, I've already revalidated files etc. all the normal stuff that normally works. I haven't played for a couple of days, I want to get on to play tonight, and yet again I'm blocked.
  6. ncDieseL

What is the point in doing the patch if you knew this was going to be an issue. Don't deploy a patch until you've got this issue sorted, what is the point? We can't get in to play the game anyway so patching anything else is a waste of time.
  7. Tyfex

For everyone whining about alerts being interrupted by maintenance need to just stop, seriously. Servers go down once in a while and an alert gets interrupted, so what. The max cert gain for winning an alerts, 10,000 xp. = 40 certs. Thats it. The main reason behind an alert is to drive the player base into conflict for cert farming to begin with. If you want to ***** about alerts, at least focus on the real issue of 4th factioners switching at the hour mark to get easy certs.

As for the spawning changes, i will condone it. It more infantry tactics to take place, which is something that is currently lacking in the meta. With the map system and NDZs the way they are, the game has become a meat grinding spam fest. I hope that the changes to the galaxies promote better Squad play. Changes to sundies also a nice touch. It finally allows them to function like a traditional ams, still waiting on the cloaking tech to fill that utility slot. <hint hint>
  8. shadowkhat

still no fix for the engineer AV turret... damn fix it or remove it...

automated warpgates.... not a big fan of that, if you could figure out a way to add a bit of strategy to it.. like who owns the cont chooses their warpgate. but strategy and tactics thats not what ps2 is about anymore is it more like zerg vs zerg battlefield
  9. ncDieseL

SOE. I will never subscribe if I can't play the game. 30+ minutes to load and log in to the game is not acceptable.

FIX THIS AS A PRIORITY.
  10. Goretzu

By then it is far, far, faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too late. As anyone that lived through the Lasher 2.0 incident knows only too well! :D
  11. sauna

Still crashing, still freeze lags :(.
  12. Goretzu

Yeah just not logging in for me at the moment.
  13. Kumaro

Sunderer bomber people im sad to tell you that know many AMS sundies will have radar while deployed and be able to keep you at bay with ease <.<
  14. Nerkun

Haha, if you're willing to go through it, then my all means, you should be able to. :D I don't know for how long you'd be able to do it before ESFs pick up your scent, but good luck. :)
  15. OldMaster80

Stuck at 96% even if resources have already been validated. YAY!
  16. Marvvv

The server is up?
  17. Marvvv

I have the same problem dude
  18. Locke

I can't agree more. Not being able to login for an evening post patch was not that big a deal on once a month patches but on weekly patches it's unacceptable. This is the 3rd week in a row with a patch day that has basically made the game unplayable during prime time.
  19. Wolfen2424

Clearing cache w/ ccleaner and a quick restart of comp helped get me past the 96%... now if I could just get logged in :)
  20. Pj3r

... just 3 days ago I became a full member.. payed in full.. aside the "not getting the right certs when you login"-problem I now can't login. 96%..... WHY YOU HATE ME 96%? You still jealous at 97, 98, 99 and 100?
    Also.. last night was a wonder of certs... at least it could've been. I put down an ammo pack in a tower where a bunch of maxes were and a lot of platoonmates. So I got a repair sundy as well to fix the turrets... after about 2 minutes only "repair" and "resupply" popped up, but no more xp. After what felt like 10 minutes (so maybe 3?) the xp gain came back up and lasted for about an hour. I've sent multiple tickets in to adress this problem, and all I get is "you should be getting certs even tho the xp isn't showing".... No xp and - believe me- I watched the cert bar; nothing!

On a more constructive note:
    Sony... dev team.. you're doing a great job, but please don't bother with weakly/monthly updates. Try every quarter. Yes, things will be farmed because of OP, but at least you'll have a better sense in what (or what not) to buff or nerf, and where any problems may be in the gameplay or the game itself...