Server Downtime for Patch January 30, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 30, 2014.

1. kadney

I guess the respawntimer on squad manned vehicles will be as long as the squaddeploy one. If this is the case, I don't see such a huge problem there. Nothing like Battlefield's squadspawn-orgies.. :rolleyes:
  2. Canno

World Domination Series, where the TR lead all but like one week but the devs "tweak the math" and VS end up winning it all.
    • Up x 4
  3. Kunavi

These changes seem interesting. Worried about those Gals are you? Get your ESFs to do what they are SUPPOSED to do. INTERCEPT OKAY? It will only make you stop LOLPodding for 10". If you think camping the height limit will make them Sky Gods you got it all wrong. For too many reasons to list, it'd be better to stay lower than that.
    • Up x 5
  4. Satexios

I think Smed will cry a little if he reads that. :p
    • Up x 1
  5. Bear

Oh crap, was listen to a podcast talking about Hearthstone when I typed this. I'd better go fix that!
  6. Xebov

So it gets added without any further limitations? Well see how it works out. For me its just a matter of time until bigger Outfits use a Galaxy on max height to deploy whole platoons in splitseconds. Especialy inexperienced players will get problems dealing with this. Since it is not mentioned that no deploy areas will have effect you can now once again place spawns next to capture points wich raises the Question why we have these areas in the first place?
    • Up x 2
  7. HadesR

Air will rejoice .... As we all pull 10x more AA to deal with Gal's and they get caught in the crossfire ;)
  8. Pherlofsky

It will take about a minute to deploy a full platoon with a competent platoon leader from my guesstimate. Honestly this planetside not infantryside :/ and things will improve with better infantry oriented bases. If you dont like that gal/sundy then pull AA or AV or Aircraft or a Tank.
  9. RockISonner

If this truly fixes the issues I will be back on premium and most likely with a 6 months heroic booster. Just saying :)

I share the concers put forth by others here regarding the changes to sunderer/gal spawn mechanics though.
  10. OldMaster80

On test server the cooldown was 15 secs. That's the problem, and the fact the no deploy zone is now dead. Me and b other players reported this when it came out on the test server but devs didn't care.
    • Up x 3
  11. Xebov

Everyone redeploys when the Galaxy starts, so everyones timer is done when the Galaxy reaches the Area. Now the Squad inside can jump out, Gal pilot gets moved to Squad 2 and instant respawn is possible, repeat till all Squads are deployed. Will take about 30s to get all Squads out.

With your idea you clearly have no idea how stuff can work out. A Galaxy flying very high cannot be reached by Rockets, AA doesnt do much dmg on that range, so it comes to Aircrafts, if the Gal Pilot orders at least 2 players to spawn at him he even has protection against that. For the Sunderer, its still possible to drive it inside Bases (GSD anyone?) into spots that cannot be reached by Tanks, so it comes again to Air (if possible) or to Infantry. In small scale Battles this can make times for defenders realy hard. I more then once drove my Sunderer into an AMP and defended the entrance with a dual Bulldog Sunderer so my Squadmates could capture the Base, now they can even spawn at my Bus when dead.
    • Up x 1
  12. Beastman

Love what this patch provides. Options and different ways of doing things. Which is what every old PS1 player wants.

I know some people are content with chasing the carrot on the stick but what outfits have been craving are different ways of doing things. Clever ways.

Personally, I didn't think there was anything wrong with the old gate diffuser into the amp station trick. It gave you a reason to place tank mines and claymores, to set up a proper defence. The (broken) no deploy zones ruined the sunderer and a great deal of tactics.

Looking forward to seeing what people come up with!

Now just get started on this resource revamp and we can maybe be friends again dev team.
  13. Pherlofsky

I primarily drive the galaxy in a organized outfit.
    Yes the first go at it it will take 30 seconds to deliver the whole platoon but to keep up with spawning infantry from the whole platoon the platoon lead will have to be switching the gal pilot around a lot which takes a couple seconds for it to render that the gal is in the squad and then render that the spawn is available to the squad and clients.
    Next if the gal is not over its objective then people will stay in there seats keeping other platoon/squad mates from spawning.

Edit- AA shouldn't reach that high and from my experience a unguarded galaxy with gunners can be taken out by a squad or half a squad of esfs or a lib crew.

Edit 2- Also The squad would have probably have wasted a minute of there time which in turns gives you guys some time to prepare for the impending "doom" of a platoon gal drop or for you to move up and start the cap on the next base because of the lack of a even fighting population.
  14. Wildclaw

There is too much abuse possible with squad abilities in general. SOE should really add the following rules to the game:
    • Whenever you join a squad, you can't use squad beacon for X s.
    • Whenever you become a squad leader, you can't create a squad beacon for X s.
    • Whenever you join a squad, you can't deploy in a squad vehicle for X s.
    • Whenever you join a squad, people can't squad deploy in your vehicle for X s.
    X can be debated, but should probably be somewhere between 30 and 60s.
    • Up x 8
  15. Greddy

Do you have 16GB of RAM by any chance?
  16. SidCom

What is "VO"?
  17. Pherlofsky

I agree with adding these limitations to prevent abuse of the system. But then a lot of rules have yet to be implemented to prevent abuse of certain aspects of planetside 2.
  18. NoctD

You need to add...

Patch Notes:
    Known Issues
    • Repair and Healing ribbons not registering repair and healing points and not being generated.
    Hope these ones work out, cause they'll be huge if they can fix the current issues...
    Performance and Tech
    • Server performance optimization
    • Client crash fixes
    • Zone crash fixes
    • Up x 5
  19. NoctD

One can keep swapping people in/out of the squad, and you can spawn a whole platoon and more that way. People just haven't figured out how exploitable it is yet.
  20. Pootisman

TR finally would have won an alert on Cobalt, 1st time since weeks and now servers go down :(

This and many other annoying bugs ... SOE devs really need to look at the bug repot section.
    • Up x 1