3 GB of ram

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by DarkRage12, Jan 27, 2014.

1. DarkRage12

can this game run even with only 3 GB of ram?

my specs are:
    intel dual core 2.7
    3 gb of ram
    Gainward Geforce GT 640 2gb ram memory graphics card

i really want to play this game without any errors :(
    its also almost time to go to school, and on my way there i might jus as well buy another 2 gb ram if this game wont run with 3GB only so a quick reply is appreciated :)
  2. Artifex78

You'll need more RAM, and a 64 Bit OS.
  3. LordMondando

Simple answer, at the moment no. You want at
    Least 6. Ideally 8.
  4. daddy86

tbh your entire pc needs an upgrade
    • Up x 1
  5. Spectre 694

Game can run with 2gb, but you can't do much more than ghost cap Amerish without getting "out of memory" error, unless everyone decided to use default skins only.
  6. Gokki

Yeah your entire PC needs upgrade, your graphics card is ... not very good. Nowadays you need ideally 8GB of ram (two sticks of 4 each) for all games, a 4-core CPU and an AMD R9/GTX 700 graphics card (R7 or 600 are fine too)
  7. Eyeklops

I disagree that people need a GTX 700 series card, my GTX 690 does just fine thank you. :)
  8. IDC_

we ALL want this, but they won't let us :eek:

before ESF update i played ok with only 3 GB RAM - an outofmemory crash every 2 1/2 - 3 hours

now i crash every hour or even more.

with the PU1 and PU2 patches they improved the game for low end machines but at the same time the game became worse for high end machines.
    now with the esf update they added new stuff and twice as much new bugs.

not that PU1 and PU2 worked flawlessly. after every update they had to deliver a bunch of hotfixes to bring stability and performance to the same level like before the bigger update.

cross your fingers that in 4-6 weeks they fixed the bugs they added with the esf update.

two weeks later they'll add another big update that takes onother 4-6 weeks to remove the new bugs they added with it. :p
  9. Gokki

You do realise a 690 is twice as fast and twice as expensive as a 760, right?
  10. MajiinBuu

I do ok with 4 GB
    • Up x 1
  11. Aldaris

Everything else is fine but your GPU suggestions seem overkill.
  12. TheAppl3

No, his suggestions hardly mean anything. They don't make sense - he suggests AMD cards by subfamily by names entire series of Nvidia ones that range from toaster to small supercomputer. "Quad-Core" also spans such a ridiculous range that it's pointless to say.

Any quad-core? So an Athlon II would work great? Better than an i3-3250? (...no)
    What's wrong with a 580? Is a 710 somehow better?

Sometimes vague info is worse than none at all.

The guy needs an i5-2400/FX-4300 (ideally an overclocked 2500k or better), 8GB of low-latency RAM, and a GTX650 or better (ideally 660 or better) to play this game well. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the 600 series, r7, or oddly unmentioned HD7XXX cards.
  13. TSR AlexS Customer Service

As the others said, you will need at least a 3ghz dual core to play. the ram will also be a problem so be sure you upgrade it to at least 4 gigs. Lastly, a 64 bit system is definitely a must so it can utilize the ram much better.

Answer Title: [PS2] Recommended System Specs
    Answer Link: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35012
  14. Aldaris

Seems kind of obvious to me what he meant by those cards and a quad core.
  15. Predator01cz

I believe that was supposed to be the joke.