0.5-1 Second freezes after the January 16 Update

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by PastalavistaBB, Jan 19, 2014.

1. ToastyMan

I get this too, and usually it seems to happen whenever I scope in with a sniper scope (6x and above). This is extremely annoying because it throws off my shots. I've heard other people experiencing this same exact problem, and many of them can't snipe because of it.
  2. Googles

3. TomoB

Yepp usually I'm in the sweetest situation, aiming enemy and just going to pull the trigger but then *FREEZE* and enemy skips away and everything is ruined.
    • Up x 1
  4. Mastachief

Same here, it is getting me killed. Frustrating crap that makes me question logging in. Hit reg is also flaky.
  5. 3asyD

Yeah this is getting frustrating now, this needs to be fixed asap.
  6. DJStacy

Me to on Woodman game pauses for a split second, then jumps forward to where I should have been. Happens regular as clock work every 10 mins or so which is a pain when your flying or about to shoot someone.

Been like it a while now this definitely needs sorting ASAP please Sony.
  7. shadouac

Same. No regularity, had it happen a half hour apart, and 1 minute apart. No visible cause. No GPU usage spikes. Far too often it seems perfectly timed to screw me up; firing at cloaked infils (who then have time to whip round and nail me, embarassingly), chasing guys over railings, on one occasion in an ESF negotiating a valley that caused me to plant into a tower in front of my outfit, or my favourite, right as I need to make an accurate shot from a gunning position.

Combined with the smoke effect slowdown well detailed by a thousand other angry players since the "Performance Update", considering my performance was acceptable before that update, all it did for me was introduce terrible performance.
  8. sicsoo

this is still happening for me.
  9. ncDieseL

Yes, It's not happening as often, but it's definitely still happening.
  10. Arranzu

Same. For me it always seems to happen when heading into a new fight or ADS'ing to fire. It's even happened while pulling a scythe causing me to fly into a mountain. REALLY needs a fix.
  11. Gorion

Also have the game freezes for 0.5 sec .... i think this has nothing to do with graphic settings
  12. Gastoninho

13. Mastachief

are they fixing this or just burying their heads in the sand?
  14. PastalavistaBB

Take an educated guess... :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  15. Mastachief

It is the reason i'm not logging in to play.
  16. Kartaugh

I have started experiencing the same thing, which never happened before.

This is very annoying.
  17. CrossFire

:mad:FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT:mad:
    • Up x 2
  18. dking1981

I am having the exact same issues here.
  19. Chrispins

Yeah I'm getting this too. It really messes me up when I'm flying a Mosquito especially because a freeze of 1 second can and has caused me to crash many times.
  20. RisKey

The screen freezes are getting simply tiresome it has been 5 or 6 patches now and no fix or mention of a fix for them. They were introduced after one of the smaller patches but as far as reproducing they occur at anytime in just about any situation. I did notice a huge frame rate drop during the short freezes of like 20 frames or more.

System specs:

Operating System
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4 955
    Deneb 45nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A79XTD EVO (AM3) 32 °C
    Graphics
    SyncMaster (1280x1024@75Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (EVGA) 26 °C
    Hard Drives
    112GB Samsung SSD 840 Series ATA Device (SSD) 25 °