Is Mouse Makro Legal?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by DrBash00, Jan 23, 2014.

1. DrBash00

Hi SOE Team, first i am sry for open this threat but i could not find the Answer for my Question in the Forum.

So here my Question

Is programming (makro) the Mouse Legal? Because i would like to Programm one button so he switches ON/OFF (Very fast) the Light from my vehicles without hitting the Button like crazy, but i am afraid to ged Banned for this.

So is this legal??

If the Answer is YES, is it also legal to make a Makro wich throws C4 and blast it up at the soonest possible Time???

Thank you for your Answers.
  2. HadesR

I'm sure it's SOE's stance that macro's are a no no .. As they use the one click for one click policy IE: A macro cannot be set to trigger a multi button combination such as your C4 example ...

As for the lights ... That would need confirmation from SOE since it's only a one key action ..
  3. TheAppl3

Not quite - the post implies that he wants to be able to hold down a button and have it hit the light toggle key repeatedly at a fast rate.

That would probably be bannable.
  4. DrBash00

The Idea is to push one Button to get like 1 Min "Strobo" light....
    But i am soon hitting LV 100 and i dont like to risk my Account for something like this.

So please SOE give me some Answer or tell me where to ask....
    Thy
  5. Greddy

Are you one of those people that have rave parties at the WG?
  6. TrainerS2

Macros shood not be legal :D
  7. LibertyRevolution

So you would like to know if auto rapid fire macro is bannable? :rolleyes:
  8. PastalavistaBB

Macros are cheats. But they are -almost- undetectable, so there are tons of kiddies with burst fire weapons running around for a reason... :rolleyes:
  9. DirArtillerySupport

Would be totally cool if you play with friends and have headlights turn on/off in sequence via network remote key presses so you could sequence headlights in a column.....that....and fire buttons. Synchronized fire from a few dozen AV turrets hitting a single target simultaneously with the press of one master fire control mouse button. Instant OHK...nothing would survive. Macros are dangerous.
  10. Daikar

Macros are bannable but they are very hard to detect and I'm pretty sure SOE watches ppl play and then ban them if they think they are cheating. Knowing that I really doubt they would ban anyone for turning the lights on and off really fast, it surely won't result in a permaban that's for sure. But I'm not SOE so don't take my word for it.
  11. DrBash00

I also think they would not ban me for switching ON/OFF lights fast by makro... but as long as i dont know it for shure i have to wait -.-

And in my Opinion you should Bann all the other Makros but if it is allowed probably i am going to use one....
  12. faykid

A friend of mine bought a gamer mouse which had macros utility built into the driver package. He didn't use it, it was just running as a process in the background. He got banned because he was "using third party software". Be careful with that stuff. You don't have to use it, if somebody reports you (lag is mistaken for cheating sometimes), they will check your logs and see macros soft, and will ban you.
  13. joeski

I've been thinking of a G15 macro that would just occasionally move my character (like once every 10 seconds) so that I don't get kicked while afk. I have been kicked before now when nipping for a bio, not fun near the end of an alert.
    I see no reason for that to be bannable, but if any macro is classed as a cheat, then i suppose it's a no-no.
  14. PastalavistaBB

You want to see bannable macros? Search Youtube for tons of No Recoil/No spread scripts and Burst Fire macros for Battlefield. These definitely count as "Cheat".
  15. TheAppl3

The AFK kicker exists for a reason. Circumventing that is probably going to get you banned.
  16. DrBash00

Well, ok thx so far for the Info.... so no light for Tanks -.-
  17. Vivicector

I don't think you can do anything really bannable with your mouse's macro. Not anything anybody would be able to detect anyway. I have tried to find a use for my Razer Lachesis macroses, but actually failed (anything done with macro is easier done without it). Only one I run is a chat marco "I need a gunner for Saron!" =D . And those buttons on the right side for map zooming.

I don't think, that anybody would bother reporting you for cheating cause you will toggle lights on-off. As C4, well, it is easier done without macro at all...

And yep, you better turn off you mouse software (hope ur mouse can work fine without it). It is safer, just in case.