Would you prefer a faction that is heavily outnumbered or heavily overpop?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bevet, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Bevet

If you had to choose between the two? Would you prefer a faction 10-15% underpop or 10 15 overpop?
  2. Vearo

Underpop while being in a great outfit. Otherwise both options are exercises in frustration.
    • Up x 10
  3. Posse

Underpop. Massive overpop makes it harder to get kills.
    • Up x 1
  4. shd

Neither.
    • Up x 6
  5. Liquid23

neither
    • Up x 7
  6. Tuco

I prefer the underpopped side, more XP and I get plenty of mine/claymore kills and I'm getting better at shooting out the magic windows too. Half of my kills are shooting out the magic windows.
  7. Kalendric

I'm gonna go against the tide here and say Overpop. Truth is, beyond a certain limit being on the underpopulated Empire becomes an excessive in frustration. You can't go anywhere, you can' t do anything and because of the way the maps are set up both of the enemy empires effectively gang up on the weaker empire knowing they'll win, rather than face off against each other.

It's selfish yes, but a life spent in spawn rooms isn't much of a life and once you start hitting sub 25% pop you're basically neutered as a faction. Though to be honest in both cases things should be in place to limit this sort of thing.
    • Up x 3
  8. CaptHaddock

Depends the definition of 'heavy', it eventually reaches a point that I would rather play something else - shooting in and out of spawn rooms is an equal waste of time. Fortunately there is almost always a fight somewhere that is close enough to balance to have a good fight, in which case I prefer dropping in when under-popped.
    • Up x 1
  9. Tuco

You speak as if there's some sort of strategic thought process behind where zerg platoons go. There isn't.
  10. Robes

Tend not to even play when theres a big difference in population since i like semi decent fights so i guess im going with neither.
  11. Stonewall_Jackson

I think he said over 10 percent but under 15 percent.

That would be kind of big...as in you would be farmed more than 1000 aces of corn at the height of crop season.
  12. kadney

It's always terrible to be inside a zerg, no matter if you are on the giving or the receiving end. And sadly overpopulation leads to even more zerging. If you are at the giving end, you cap bases within minutes with no real fight involved since you simply outnumber the enemy by 10x or so...:( if you are on the receiving end, there is literally nothing you can do except of going somewhere else or farming cheap exp out of the spawnroom. Once you step out, you face 40+ enemies that point their barrels at you.. this isn't fun either.. :confused:
    Sadly there is no real curse against zergs yet.. you only have 3 options:
    1. Try to mobilize a zerg aswell, but since most people dislike direct confrontations, it will much likely "ghostcap" at the other side of the continent.
    2. Move along the zerg and try to grab as much exp as possible until the zerg magically vanishes into thin air.
    3. Redeploy and go somewhere else (can be though due to the lattice) or switch the continent.
    :(
  13. Ronin Oni

Underpop

I moved from TR Waterson to VS Connery months ago because TR was 10% overpop and VS was 10% underpop (at the time..... This was, naturally, pre-ZOE)
  14. CaptHaddock

10-15% is almost the perfect fight, it really then depends if that fight is progressed to 'camp' stage, or if it's still open. I would much, much prefer to be on the underpop on the above.

When it starts becoming 3 - 1 odds, or 1 - 3, then I'll find something else to do because those will quickly progress to spawn room camping.
  15. Akeita

I tend to go to other sever, unless underpop faction have a great outfit
  16. Cougarbrit

Underpop on a continent. Dat xp boost.

Otherwise, heavily underpopped so long as there's MLG players online that I know and can squad up with because going solo or with pubbies in those conditions is just a quick lesson in the harsh realities of this game, and terribly unfun.

If no MLG, then overpop. It's not fun either but at least it's no fun because of no challenge rather than insurmountable challenge and being farmed. Generally I'd just log out and play something else.
  17. IPLAYTF2

underpop easy

only stat i care about is my kills/min
  18. FieldMarshall

Underpop.

XP Bonus.
    More stuff to kill.
    Less fighting over said kills.
    • Up x 2
  19. TheFamilyGhost

Underpop.

Challenges keep me interested.
    • Up x 1
  20. Cougarbrit

I feel like people have different definitions of "heavy underpop".
    • Up x 2