[Video] Maximum Damage Vol. I

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AccelPrime, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Santondouah

Well, this video only shows that the VS MAX is still ridiculously OP very very very very very efficient in good hands (even if the ennemies in the scenes you picked were quite bad) and it shows what you clearly cannot do with a NC/TR MAX thanks to BOTH the huge clips and the remote effectiveness.

Last, it shows that the VS MAX is not useless since ZoE was nerfed, as contrary to what a lot of people dare to say on these forums.
  2. AccelPrime

The reason I post MAX videos is because the MAX class is unique to this game, and I happen to like the class. I am also very much aware that some people are going to comment on my videos with the same replies they always do, and frankly, I either just ignore them, or serve them with facts and good points they have no way of countering. If they still continue their antics after that, I most definitely ignore them ;).

I would however say that the postive responses far outweigh the negative ones :D .

I wouldn't say the enemies were bad, I simply manipulated the situation(s) to my advantage by diving into the enemies causing shock, confusion & a lot of team damage ;). I'd also like to point out that the TR MAX performs similarily, but has a lower damage/shot & a higher magazine capacity. The NC MAX would have trouble doing these particular things, as I lay down a lot of continues fire, but the NC MAX certainly excels at things the TR & VS MAXes doesn't :).
  3. Liberty

There is a good reason for this, its a lower risk high reward gameplay. Kind of like you don't see many videos of people farming infantry in a tank (which is even lower risk and higher reward). When people watch videos they are looking for something that is either instructional or very difficult to accomplish, this one was neither hence the backlash.
    • Up x 3
  4. PrimePriest

Why the hell is VS MAX able to keep sustained fire for so long? Both TR and especially NC MAXes can never mow down infantry at that rate. ----insert random scatcannons argument here--- Oh yeah...you can empty your TEN rounds and kill some guys in the process...then start reloading (the slowest of all MAXes) and get killed.

I guess the only thing left is to just keep telling myself that our MAX is best at CQC.
  5. AccelPrime

First you complain about the server I play on, now your complaint is that no MAX player has skills because MAX is ridiculously OP.

Have fun living in that bubble of ignorance, mate.

TR MAX have just as much sustained fire as VS do, any MAX player knows this o_O.

The NC MAX is great, as you can see from my signature I do OK with it.
    • Up x 1
  6. Santondouah

I wouldn't say the enemies were bad, I simply manipulated the situation(s) to my advantage by diving into the enemies causing shock, confusion & a lot of team damage ;). I'd also like to point out that the TR MAX performs similarily, but has a lower damage/shot & a higher magazine capacity. The NC MAX would have trouble doing these particular things, as I lay down a lot of continues fire, but the NC MAX certainly excels at things the TR & VS MAXes doesn't :).[/quote]

Of course the NC MAX does, I was indeed talking about THAT kind of action. TR weapons may have a slightly bigger clip but the damage per hit and the effective distance are definetly at the advantage of the VS MAX, and you show it in your video : it is very effective at both CQB and mid range. Plus the VS MAX can sustain fire for so long... Plus it is still faster than the other MAXes.

Anyway, I won't say it is OP in any hands, which is clearly false but I'm getting tired of people saying "NC MAX is OP" or "VS MAX is UP".
  7. IPLAYTF2

358 ivi score baddie that mains max slaughtering clueless people

impressive
    • Up x 1
  8. variablez

honestly the video is pretty unimpressive
    1 . it is easy to kill people in a max suit, it doesn't require a massive amount of skill
    2. there are videos of "soft" classes doing as much damage
  9. AccelPrime

That's just like, your opinion, man. And it'll be just that, your personal opinion, until you can prove that you can do perform on an equal, or higher level.

G'day :p.
  10. Elrohur

Do you have any NC MAX Vid ?
    Just out of curiosity :)
  11. AccelPrime

Although nearly a year old, they're the NC MAX videos i've uploaded.

I am however thinking about making a new one, as people on these forums are as whiney as ever, and have even moved onto saying such ridiculously and utterly hilarious things such as the NC MAX being UP and in need of a "major" buff. :rolleyes:

So yeah, i'll probably have a more up to date, and much more devestating video on the NC MAX, as i've become a much better player since I made those.
  12. Liberty

What if I told you I can match your Kills per hour with a 5 to 6 K/D as.... a combat medic. Less than 1/10th the effective HP, 30 rounds per mag. But can go through as many dudes as you do per hour over an Auraxium worth of kills?

[IMG] (I threw in a few of the less popular heavy weapons for kicks)

MAXes, while unique are nothing more than a low risk high reward farming tool for anyone who chooses to live in one (who also isn't a member of the brain dead masses and can be considered competent). And honestly, if you consider yourself a "good" player and can't see how being able to pull something with 10 times the effective health of the average unit in the game for an overall better resource cost than trying to kit out and maintain an aggressive Heavy Assault isn't overpowered, then you really aren't ready to take part in a conversation about what is balanced.

Someone in a MAX suit does not immediately mean they are unskilled, because good players can and do get into MAXes. However, someone who lives in a MAX suit for "infantry combat" relies on a massive crutch to get them through it by simply having a straight upgrade in HP (ten fold at that) and generally firepower over 90% of his or her opponents.
    • Up x 3
  13. AccelPrime

I could do that too, if I was try-harding every moment that I play PS2.

Sadly i'm not aiming for an MLG-sponsorship, so i'm just playing the game while having fun w/ my mates, and that includes doing a lot of derpy stuff, instead of always looking for an enemy that I can kill.

Have fun with those stat sheets though, they carry so much value.
    • Up x 2
  14. Elrohur

Squad / Beacon deploy as a MAX unit ... I almost forgot we could do that !
  15. Sock

You just challenged someone to perform on an equal or better level, don't back down now. Or do you not have enough forum resources to pull a MAX?
  16. AccelPrime

Oh he's a good player alright, but again, he's only providing stat sheets. As I have stated before; killboards, stat sheets & personal opinions are not something I deem as valuable assets, but video proof is great. Make a video and i'll bring up the discussion again.

But just because i'm able to do it, and he's able to do it, that doesn't mean that 90% of the PS2 population is able to do it.

Sock, why don't you do it too? :)
  17. jiggu

What's with all this MAX hate anyway?
  18. Koyoura

19. Winfield

Less hate please. Your **** is making the thread seem like some of the near launch time Stew360 threads.

Basically, no one cares for a pissing contest, take it to private chats.
  20. RageMasterUK

It's a team game. Regardless of what peeps think of OPs skills, all I saw from the vid was the VS winning.

If the game is about how many kills you can get with the weakest class, then sure OP sux.

If the game is about getting the right unit into the right place at the right time to cause an overwhelming victory for the faction, then OP is a God at this game.

To the medic toting his KDR vs OPs, congratz. But you can't cleanse 10 guys out of a building g singlehanded like OP did w/o a MAX unit. He chose the right class for the moment.

To sum up, this game isn't about KPH or any if that jazz. It's about how useful you are.

I personally am impressed.
    I'd just like to add that ex.mag mercies for TR give 75 in each arm and perform much the same as in the vid. I know coz I pull max for TR, and use in much the same way as OP. I use charge, and auto repair (no pocket engi and pubs are unreliable), I have to play more conservatively than OP but I got cross faction feels watching the vid.

Kudos to you!