Switched to VS, NC everything is a joke

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Poorform, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Xasapis

Just a quick heads up. The SV-88, EM6 and TMG-50 are all free for new players. All you need is a welcome kit in form of a link and you'll get the weapons. The only restriction is that your SOE account needs to be younger than 6 months.

Why should I? Did I say anywhere that NC are over performing?
  2. Dis

No wonder none of the devs read these forums.
    • Up x 1
  3. Morticai

Lets see your proof that they aren't balanced first. As a third party in this whole discussion, I can safely say that I'm a hundred percent content taking the statistics over your opinions. Why? Because opinions like yours hold a very vile and real bias, that you simply won't see.

Once you've provided that proof, you'll be providing a little more than hot air and a bad attitude.
    • Up x 2
  4. AccelPrime

You must remember that most people here are quick to make assumptions & have a hard time forming objective opinions.

Blueshift & Mercy have almost identical accuracy, only different magazine size & damage/bullet. So if people start saying that Blueshifts are unbalanced, then Mercys must be too. Of course, when the TR are presented with this shocking dilemma they go as silent as a rock. :p

I use neither the Blueshifts or the Cosmos (though I have 3600+ kills with them), I actually roll a Nebula + Quasar combo, it really wrecks in CQC.
  5. Aegie

Just sound like excuses to me.
  6. Vikingo

This explains everything! Thank you for the clarification.
  7. Akeita

Comet is just as OP as pounder in Anti - MAX, falcons is pathetic to compare..
  8. TomaHawk

My kid wanted to play the "pretty purple people" with me so I created a Vanu myself and logged into an intense Biolab fight almost immediately with my Vanu "sisters" defending from a barrage of NC at the entrances.

I popped 8 of them with the starter gun as LA right away and noticed how "nice" it felt coming from sole TR play now for well over a year. I figured if the starter LA gun is this nice, what other goodies did they have? The shots felt more accurate, like it was easier and faster to put down NC than it was as TR. People can cite stats all they want, but how this game feels to a player (me) is vastly more important to graphs or raw numbers. I will concede that there is the potential for error in my feeling since I spent over a year playing TR and maybe half hour as Vanu, so a lot remains to be seen.

I need to keep playing Vanu to really get a feel for Vanu, but after a half hour I realized I needed a shower and at least a couple episodes of Grizzly Adams to remind myself I was born a Man.
  9. Xasapis

You are confusing transhumans with some other kind of trans ....
  10. huller

are you realy defending the NC with that line?

Realy?
  11. Morticai

They've got the promise of statistics, which is miles more than what the other guy was providing. If one side provides statistical evidence (or an alternative besides personal opinion) then I'll take their side seriously. If they simply say it's this way " 'cause I seens it." then it's just that: a vile form of opinion being forced down people's throats as 'fact'.

It's like asking some random guy in the bar what they think of a particular assault rifle, rather than asking someone at a shooting range, or possibly someone who owns and understands the weapon. You'll get mostly assumptions and possibly an idea or two, but never as much as you'd get from the people who can show you what they're talking about.
  12. fr3aksh0w

To be fair, TomaHawk... I too tried out VS (from TR), and can't get enough of the Orion LMG. It's more accurate and has less recoil, making it much easier to obtain headshots (nice when people are using nanoweave) than the TR lmgs.

I feel the problem with the weapons is that TR have large magazines for bullet spam...great for newer players that spray and pray, but harder to control for accuracy (when compared to VS).

I'm not complaining about it I guess...just voicing that the VS is easier to use. I actually maintain around the same KDR with both factions...just feels like less work with the VS Orion ;)
  13. huller

while activaly denying everything and each and every stat that does not support their "woe is me" crusade that has been raging for the past year. As clear and undeniable example, take the MAX, first they scream everything must be nerfed because of stats and then they proceed to call their MAX, which the self same statistics prove to be overpreforming, UP based on anectodal evidence, outright lies, forged "testing" and more of that stuff, for which they utterly demonised each and every TR and VS who even seemed like his/her argument could be conveniently placed in such a light to make it seem as if it incuded that and who dared to speak out against the oh so poor NC.

Your post described forumside NC. Demonising anyone who speaks out against them and hiding behind the 'but stats!*' argument.

*these only aply when NC say they do
  14. Corporate Thug

LOL. TBH, that was my first impression when I started playing VS after 6 months of playing as the NC. I played LA in a biolab with the solstice and picked off some guys at medium to long range with it and thought "OMFG". The ability to accurately place more bullets on target over great distances supersedes slower ROF, higher damage IMO. As TR I find it similarly as easy to be honest and in those instances where I was losing at range I would move in a bit closer and have more of an advantage with my higher ROF/Mag size. I don't think any one faction is perfect for anyone though. I think you can only choose the "right" faction after you've played them all. If you enjoy CQC then TR is King, as if you enjoy longer ranges then NC is slightly better for most than the VS, in which the VS is some where in the middle of the two.
  15. uhlan

Yeah, I can't tell you how frustrated I used to get when I was run over by the zerg mind.

You know what though, I turned this around and now I really like poking the zerg in the eye as much as I can.

It might be infantile, but I pretend I'm working the enemy's advance with my comrades to slow it 'till our reinforcements arrive to save the day.

Yeah, no depth so I have to make crap up, but I really do like harvesting the zerg for certs now.
    • Up x 1
  16. Corporate Thug

It does work though. There have been many times that a few friends and myself have defended a facility by destroying sunderers and other spawn points and ramboing onto capture points to hold out and in the final seconds of losing a friendly platoon would show up and turn the tide, saving the base. Sometimes friendlies do notice things besides the same three fights on each continent that never end.
  17. Pootisman

• AP cannon + Saron kills any tank very fast from behind.
    • MAX Shield is usefull? For what? Hiding in the corner from the enemy? All 3 max abilites are too situational, i prefer charge on all 3 maxes.
    • Camuflage useless??? VS are almost invisible at night!! This is a HUGE advandage during night fights!
    • Up x 2
  18. Wizz

Did,you just say the slowest ESF is almost as fast as the fastest upgrade you can put on the fastest ESF?
  19. REDRUM4K

Vanguard shield LMAO.... ffs what good is 8 seconds invulnarability if you never ever can take out a magrider or a prowler in that window. It takes half that time to reload. And it takes ages to use the shield again. Also a mosquito and a schythe need 2 seconds to turn your all certed vanguard into oblivion after your shield is gone. Try that with a reaver, aint gonna happen with a magrider or prowler. The typical vanguard prowler/magrunner encounter is two hits for the vanguard, then the prowler and magrider spurt out of sight and repair, sneek up behind you and bang bang bang yr dead in the ****.
    • Up x 1
  20. ViXeN

Ah and here we go... This is where you guys have a problem with your stats. First you cherry pick them. It doesn't matter what the topic is, you can find statistics to support any argument you are trying to make. That's why most smart people take them with a grain of salt. And secondly, as in real life, statistics don't always tell the whole story. This has been the case with a lot of nerfed weapons in the game. People said they were over-powered because statistics showed that they had more kills than other weapons, ignoring other facts like that some of these weapons were also A LOT MORE POPULAR than the others. More people using them means more kills. And there are countless other things not taken into consideration like skill level of players using a specific item. And then we have issues like people not seeing the whole picture with a weapon. Lets say most people think a weapon is under-powered because people aren't doing as well.... And before I continue let me stop you right here.... Don't say a weapon isn't performing well because its not the weapon that is on here shooting people. At least be honest and say "people who use this weapon aren't performing as well" ;) But back to what I was saying... Lets say people think that its due to the weapon not doing as much damage as the other two faction weapons so they buff the damage and now its way better than either of those because the problem was never with the damage in the first place. It was because of the fire rate or something. And then we have issues like bias and errors in statistics and the fact that many people twist and cherry pick them to support whatever their view is on a topic. People do this everyday in the real world.

Like the saying goes, there are three kinds of lies: Lies, damned lies and statistics. ;)

This is why statistics alone only paint a limited (and sometimes just plain wrong) picture and you have to take everything into consideration.

When I say that NC MAXes have the advantage over the other factions in biolabs, then you point out that in specific situations its not the case... like when both MAXes have KA5 and the NC MAX doesn't have Grinders, etc... You're cherry-picking here. First I want to see the overall statistics (from SOE not some questionable third-party) showing how well the average (with or without KA5 and any the shotguns) NC MAX does against the other factions. Secondly, we need to take the player base size of the faction and the skill level into account here. If the NC have the largest pop on a server due to a lot of new people playing them, then that means they will have a lot of bad players dragging down their stats. I'd like to see stats for all players above rank 40-50 and compare them. I'm betting it would paint a different picture.
    • Up x 1