Is HA good class for below avg player to up his KDR?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by ChairmanMao, Dec 29, 2013.

1. bubbacon

I agree, HA is prolly the worst class to play to improve KDR...if your playing HA as intended. Most ppl just love the class and add in a mix of MAX, LA, or Infi to keep a desent KDR.Your doing well if your running 2:1 KDRs on your HA session. Can also go uber HA sniper with a BR and get some nice streaks if the situation presents itself.

Utility roles like Engi and Medic don't do well either for KDR imo. Great for cert pts, but you are a high value target. Even if your opponets are rushing a room filled with MAXes and utility, they will generally try to take out the utility for that MAX first. I know if I storm a room with a MAX,Engi, and Medic, the Medic is the first I try to take down.
  2. Kociboss

If you want to pad your K/D (What for I have no idea) enlist as a Spawn Warrior. Any class will do.

Sit in spawns and kill enemies from inside. Once there are 20-15 seconds left for them to take the base - Redeploy.

Here is a dude with 500 K/D ratio. Considered to be one of the best Spawn Warriors of all times. Ask him for guidance:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/the-infiltrator-is-a-spy-500-kd.131292/

But you don't need to have many kills in order to get superb K/D. Just create new character and get 20 kills. BAM, suddenly your k/d is 20.

With such stats you can win any forumside discussion.
    • Up x 2
  3. Posse

I don't know what's your current KDR, but if as you say, you're a below average player, your KDR as HA won't be good either.

If you really want to pad your KDR then pick a MAX, a Viper Lightning, or a Tank, keep in mind that padding your KDR doesn't make you a better player.
  4. Chazt

Honestly if you need to up your kdr then use vehicles and nothing but. The first time you roll a mbt or lightning you will probably kill 30 guys before going down.
  5. PastalavistaBB

Total BS. Vehicle play is the hardest part of FPS games and if you don't have previous experience from other games you just don't hop in an uncerted vehicle and drop everybody all guns blazin. You'll probably get C4ed, LoLpodded to death or sniped by AV Mana turrets before you can find the enemy.
  6. Chazt

Then we have had very different experiences. Unless you honestly have no idea how a vehicle works then you shouldn't have any trouble hopping in a lighting and killing a ton of people. I did it earlier during a base defense, I don't think I have put a single cert into anything but the harasser. If your going to try out vehicles combat the lightning is a very good place to start as it has decent armor, great mobility and a spammable main weapon that one shots most infantry units and still is effective against armor. Obviously avoid the giant rockets coming for your face, and remember your faster than any pesky light assault and wants to try to c4 you. Reverse, line it up and blow him away for trying. The experience only gets easier as you rank up your vehicle and make it harder to kill. Honestly vehicles are such a massive game changer it irks me endlessly.

I am really confused where the 'hardest part of fps game' thing came from. Your in a vehicle that is immune to small arms fire, only half the infantry classes in the game can hurt you and you one shot them by pointing in their general direction. I could agree when it comes to harder to use vehicles like the various air vehicles but any monkey with a keyboard can use a ground vehicle.
    • Up x 1
  7. PastalavistaBB

All classes except the Infiltrator have AV weapons. Especially C4. There is no penalty for Infantry death in this game. Infantry and even Maxes can get instantly end infinite times revived and cost no resources. The respawn time is 15 seconds. It's like fighting Hordes of Zombies. Killing vehicles is easy and highly rewarding, so everybody wants a piece of you. You just can't pull a tank and expect to find some action. All vehicles except ESFs and AMS Sunderers are highly situational. If you pull them at the wrong moment, enemies will waste you instantly.
  8. Gheeta

You are thinking this the wrong way, it's better just to practice and get better, your stats will improve as you improve.

In the end it's all about repetition but there are ways to speed up your development.

1. When playing actually concentrate at aiming do the best you can, i know this might sound silly but it actually is very important.
    2. Find good mouse settings and stick with them, building muscle memory is important.
    3. When you die think what you did wrong.
    4. If you have a friend you can practice with go to the PTS and park two sunderers close to each others and just duel.
  9. Chazt

I would like to sue your very same zombie apocalypse argument. Sure eventually you will get overwhelmed by their sheer numbers, but until then you kill off a ton of people before getting wasted. If you let an infantry unit get close to you with c4 that is your own problem for sitting still. Same goes for the rocket launchers as all empire starting launchers lack any form of tracking making it incredibly easy to dodge rocket fire by merely moving back or forward. Using tanks is about positioning and anyone knows that you want to make sure you have an advantage when it comes to terrain before making a move, using hills, rocks, other another natural cover and the fact you will always have the speed advantage make it rather easy to avoid incoming damage and stop fatal damage by retreating and repairing and that is just discussing solo play adventures.

Also just noticed this
    what? You do know maxes have a high resource cost (350/750) and a timer just like vehicle pulls right? And on the topic of resources, in order for half the classes in the game to fight enemy armor they require specialized equipment which costs resources such as c4 (which we will use as an example seeing as it is the most common). At maximum an infantry unit can carry two blocks of c4, enough to destroy one armored unit (or do some decent damage to vehicles that are certed out properly) meaning that for every vehicle destroyed or damaged they have already spent 200 infantry resources (Each c4 block costing 100 to replenish) of their 750 maximum.

250/750 resources per vehicle destroyed (which is not guaranteed by any means) is not very efficient.

And if you would like to bring bigger battles with more well equipped infantry units into this then we are going to have to scale it up on the vehicle end as well. You and I know full well that a fully certed armored division with air support will win out against a base full of just as well organized infantry units.
  10. VoidMagic

I would just like to point out...

Yes by all means N00Bz should fly MOAR and SOLO deep in enemy territory.
    Unless your Vanu... then don't do that... lol...

such KD, so easy... much skill... clap clap.
  11. jiggu

You won't up your stats beyond your actual skill level in any infantry class aside from MAX. You might find a class you can perform better with, but HA won't magically make you get more kills, you have to adapt and master the class, just like kung fu.

Hahahahahaa
  12. Kuriby

In terms of infantry classes.

If we count the MAX as a vech.

The next best class to up KDR is HA or infiltrator if you are good with sniping.

I use to main the LA and my average K/DR was often around 3-5

I took the switch to HA... changed my play style to reflect that class and average KD is around 5-7+ now.

There is a reason why this game is called heavyside 2. The utilities and shield ability of the HA outshines every infantry class. The ONLY downside is that LMGs are pretty crappy spray to pray weapons (other then the amazing orion). So if you like accuracy, you are gonna be limited to 1-2 LMGs.
    • Up x 1