Let's Make Adrenaline Pump Viable

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by FriendlierFire, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Iridar51

I don't see why it should be marginal even as a passive system. Light assaults having like 30% more speed than other classes is completely justified in my eyes. It's not like movement speed is a balancing factor, compared to HP/shields/firepower. Being fast and mobile should be a given for LA.

All LAs should be faster than other classes, not only those who opted for suit slot. It's just weird.
    The whole point of being LA is speed and mobility. You can't be that without choosing specific equipment options? **** that.
    So many things in PS2 don't make any sense, and I'm getting tired of this bull ****.

/bad mood
    • Up x 3
  2. Pat22

I really think that, at the least, it should be put into the Passive Systems for Light Assault rather than the Suit slot.
    Even then, it could use a buff to like 20% speed increase (probably over more levels).
  3. OldMaster80

I've always thought the same. Nevertheless it looks devs think Adrenaline Pump is ok since they're going to give it to Infiltrators as well o_O

Adrenaline Pump should have a bigger effect and be a normal active action with a cooldown. Each rank should just decrease the cooldown. This would make it viable.
  4. Iridar51

Why do an ability that you press every time you want to run?
    • Up x 1
  5. Riasiru

Adrenaline pump is now viable. Drift Jets are no longer viable as a substitute because crouch drifting causes you to perma crouch on the ground. No jumping or running while stuck. Need an incline to get unstuck. Basically suicide in combat.

Ok, it's still isn't THAT great... But still. It's more viable now.
  6. CerebralLOLsy

Great to hear that AP is now viable because everything else just became worse. See, they do listen.
    • Up x 1
  7. KnightCole

I just hope adrenaline pump doesnt become a super suit ADADADADADADADAD super god mode ability........
    • Up x 1
  8. Tenebrae Aeterna

It seems that they want both our classes to be more mobile...which makes sense since we are both light. I've always been against the grappling hook idea tossed around by Infiltrators simply because it treads upon the jump jets you guys have...but this is a suit slot, so I'm not terribly opposed.

With that said, something that would be cool to add to the Adrenaline Pump would be the ability to tumble towards any given direction...a tactical roll. A quick double tap to the "a" button would send you into a tactical roll to the left, a double tap to the "d" button making you tumble to the right. It's always struck me as odd that the development team decided against superior movement mechanics introduced into new gen gaming...hell, even Delta Force: Black Hawk Down let players lean around walls...not that I would want to see that introduced into Planetside 2.

Would it provide enough to make the suit lucrative? I have no idea...interesting thought that passed through my head though.
  9. Zorro

If it does not at the last range, I shall be sorely disappointed. Apparently some players dislike anything that allows them to dodge enemy attacks, even if it belongs to a class that is supposed to be highly mobile.
  10. Sandpants

What?
    When did this happen and has been in the patch notes?
  11. Rivotril

It should give a little more speed.
    • Up x 1
  12. KnightCole

Theres highly mobile and then theres superman god mode all over the damn place like a teen on energy drink stupid OP....
    • Up x 1
  13. DerEchteSpatz

Let me quote myself, KnightCole:
  14. WarmasterRaptor

I'm completely fine for a noticeable forward speed increase but not dodging.
    Old ZOE was a prime example of why it's not a good idea.
    ADAD is already something people complained and still complains plenty on the forums.

Don't ask for something that will be utterly nerfed to oblivion if it's too powerful on the first go. Be reasonable.
  15. Zorro

If you are complaining about dodging for a class that is built around mobility, then all I can say is that you need to aim better. A light assault trooper does not have the firepower or durability of a MAX suit.

Those who complain about sidestrafing (the correct term) are merely scrubs who fail to realize that it has long been a staple of first-person shooters. If you think that more mobility for a mobility-oriented class would be overpowered, then you are failing at exercising your own strengths.
  16. WarmasterRaptor

I'm so complaining. Here's some more complain.

Wanna go on and put more words in my mouth that I haven't said ? o_O

I love to play all classes. So LA is also one of the classes I happen to play often.
    I'd really enjoy having more survivability playing LA, anything to make the class more fun, I agree with.
    I just don't want see something unbalanced hit the game like Zoe was, supreme mobility.

Maybe I should be more like an mlgprol33t arrogant ***** and only ask unbalanced stuff so I can over-abuse them and say l2p to new and casual players? That's so healthy for a gaming community. To hell with those scrubs right? They are useless, so why bother with them?
  17. Zorro

My apologies if I sounded impolite. I was highly annoyed about how unwilling you are to give "supreme mobility" to the class that is based on it. Other classes have their own (quite powerful) abilities and perks. There is no indication that improved mobility would harm inter-class balance, especially considering that other classes will be also improved as Planetside 2 develops.
    • Up x 1
  18. WarmasterRaptor

It's alright, I mean, there are a lot of empty QQing on the forum, so one can easily get tempted to act on it ;)

But yeah, I absolutely agree that LA lacks a lot of something special besides the jump pack to make it really enjoyable compared to the other classes, like you said, who received a lot of love to make them more competitive and fun to play.

To an extent, LA already got some "mobility", granted by the jet-pack or the glider-pack, that absolutely no other classes have.
    Speed is something I really find lacking though, for a "light" class.
    The meager 10% to run speed is nothing exciting for a suit slot when so many other grants you better survivability (flak, nanoweave, asc) and the last choice is longer fighting capacity (ammo belts).

But granting a too good mobility would grant survivability against everything, and that would be the "go to" option if it exists. Like zoe was the "always get" choice over charge, since it was simply just overall better. And I think the devs want to avoid that kind of mistake again.

So, yes, I'm for giving a boost, but, I don't exactly know where we should aim for that boost.
    • Up x 1
  19. KnightCole

Id be all for the Jet Pack giving a nice boost in speed over making Adren. Pump a god mode speed ability.

I always thought it was odd that the JJ didnt give us a nice little kapow in the *** and make us fly a bit faster. Ofc im using base JJ, idk what the other jets really even do.
    • Up x 1
  20. DerEchteSpatz

That's absolutely right! My wishes would be to give LA the regular Adrenalin Pump (as it is right now) as automatic class ability, so we could take one of the other options for the slots.
    May be, we could (as an addition) get a little bit of a speed boost (may be 10% ? ) on our regular JJ-Pack, then I would be in heaven. LA would need nothing else!
    I think that wouldn't be overpowered, would it? And it would give us LAs some love... ^^

Then, we could talk about giving the Infiltrators our LA-Adrenaline Pump as a Slot-Ability, again. That would be fair (although Inf seems to need additional buffs - but that's another story)

-> Drifter Jetpacks give you a little speed-bonus when you use them on the ground. I don't exactly how much, but I think, like the 10% of AP, do they? <-
    I never us them, although LA is my absolute main class.

PS: At first, I thought LA could change per button their "mode" of jetpack between jumpers and drifters. So I purchased the level 1 of drifters. Since I realized that you can't change the mode without Infantry-console, I did never ever use it again...