Explosions - Huge FPS Drops

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by FourTwoFour, Jan 18, 2014.

1. FourTwoFour

Please take a look at it. The new patch ruined the game for me in Bio Labs and pretty much everywhere else with many explosions happening. I'm talking about going from 60 stable FPS to 30 after this patch when an explosion happens.

Also the game is still freezing for a second every 20 minutes or so. And it's not just me (according to many others on the forum). Is there a way to turn off the explosion effects? I don't care about the explosions, it's ruining my FPS.
  2. Hatamoto

Exactly this ... show us you recognize this and are working to fix it SOE.
  3. Hatamoto

Sticky one of these or create an official one plz
  4. eldarfalcongravtank

yep. explosions or smoke slow down the game like hell. sorry to say this but THIS IS CLEARLY YOUR FAULT, SOE! because this started happening only after PU02. before, everything was fine. YOU DESTROYED OUR PERFORMANCE!

sorry for venting my frustration but this has been bothering me for quite some time now. and the devs havent even acknowledged yet that this is a problem
  5. Hatamoto

Its getting to a point where I wont go near a large fight ... it wasnt even that bad before the first PU.
  6. Hatamoto

Id describe it as very sluggish performance .. you can tell the game tries to provide more fluid fps but its like moving in sirup in bigger battles (esp. With explosions and other effects going on)
  7. BlackDove

Yes, this is happening to me as well. The game ran better for me with my i5 and 660Ti before the "performance" update BS.