Very low FPS since performance update

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by PolywannaKrakar, Nov 20, 2013.

1. PolywannaKrakar

Ever since the uptdate I have had really bad fps in game when there is anything going on on-screen. My fps can peak to 115 when looking at the sky in a dead area. But as soon as I enter a fight it drops to the teens and sometimes in the single digits. I have tried this with the smoothing option on and off with low fps both ways. Before the update I wouldn't drop below 40 fps.

Here's my system specs:

i7 3770 processor
    GTX 590 dual core video card
    16 gb ddr3 ram
    Crucial m500 SSD with OS and Planetside installed on it
    W7 Pro 64 bit
  2. Octiceps

Same here. I was playing fine previously but the update really messed everything up for me. Now FPS is much lower plus it jumps all over the place. The game is unplayable in this state. Even when I'm at an empty Warp Gate, as soon as I look at a wall and start shooting my weapon, FPS drops from 70 to <30. This is ridiculous.
  3. RubiksCubix

You guys both have I7 processors, which could be the problem. Perhaps the compatibility with i7 processors was screwed up. My old quad-core Core2 processor works a ton better.
  4. Enukku

I have same problem. After first patch I had to lower my graphic settings, after next optimizing patch, I had to lower settings again, and after January patches I had to do it again. From High Graphic Settings to medium/low set. What's wrong with SOE? They don't even respond.

Intel Core i7-3630QM
    16GB DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M - 2048 MB
    15,6" (1920 × 1080)
  5. Strikejk

I remember that they tweaked alot about threads additional virtualised threads through Hyper Threading.
    Maybe it has something to do with it, did you guys tried to disable hyper threading in the bios and only use your logical cores? (=4 threads instead of 8)
    Because I have an old I5 (no virtualised threads) and my fps is fine.
  6. xXTigericXx

samething happend to me =( i got an i7 4770 and im getting half of what i used to get. as a graphics card i got a gtx 650
  7. 3asyD

You guys useing the latest nvidia gfx drivers by chance? i update to the latest driver and my fps went down the toilet, so i rolled back to 331.82 and it all good again.
  8. Hatamoto

This has not been fixed yet so why is the thread on page 5?
  9. Hatamoto

something was tweaked in memory handling as well
  10. Hatamoto

not using the latest driver so thats not it
  11. Sliced

Disable SLI.
  12. Hatamoto

dont have SLI
  13. Sliced

I was originally replying to the first post. GTX 590 dual core video card.

However, turn up your settings or turn them down.
    Having them too low makes the CPU work hard, turning them up takes the load of the CPU and puts it on the GPU, or so they say.
    Even with my specs I can only do medium-high and have 40-60fps. So even I acknowledge there is a problem.
  14. Hatamoto

Its something they patched in, even disabling SLI årobably wont restore performance to PU1 standard.