FPS Problems= HUD

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by variablez, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Luperza Community Manager

The explosive damage issue is something completely separate from this thread topic. We'll address that issue.

This thread was regarding the HUD (back in August) which we have done a performance pass on. Now that someone has brought this thread back from the past, I want to know if you're still encountering issues. If you are, I'd appreciate if you can provide details, so that we can get those issues addressed.
  2. mitch727

i have an i7 and the game has around 10-20 with the hud turned on, when its off its much higher. im just going to unsubscribe and stop playing until this is fixed. soe will get my money when they make their game playable.
  3. starlinvf

Another thing worth noting is if performance degrades over time, and shutting the HUD off and turning it back on causes performance to jump temporarily. During an older patch (which rewrote some of the menu behavior), it had several HUD and menu elements cached in the background to speed up display time when they are needed. An unintended side effect of this was the menu/hud elements running in the background when not in use, coupled with a memory leak, causing it to chew up available resources allocated to the game.

Since they recently moved some of the HUD and menu logic into the C(code) side of game, a similar issue may have resurfaced. I'm not claiming this is the source of the problem.... but its worth checking the behavior.
  4. 3asyD

Yeah i noticed this too, after about 2hours of play the performance goes down the toilet. i have to log out and restart the client then everything is ok again.
  5. SkattoNollFem

I also have this problem. I dont remember the exact fps, but it more than double with no hud on and very stable. And I can max out all settings with no hud, with the hud turned on I need to lower some things like shadows etc. My specs are: i7-4700MQ 8 GB RAM GT 750M x2
  6. Hatamoto

probably wise to start a thread on all of the performance issues introduced in these recent patches .. after all, a performance update that ruins performance should be quite a big deal, but maybe thats just me?
  7. Hatamoto

Definatly a good idea
  8. Hatamoto

i7 here as well
  9. OliTF1

Excellent guys! Keep posting your results so devs have a clear idea what kind of fps drops the HUD actually generates. Let's they PS2 free of fps-related-threads in 2014!

Simply compare your in-game fps with HUD/UI on vs off and post your results here!
  10. Hatamoto

The HUD causing problems is actually a classic .. it seems they are not ignoring it now though.
  11. Danncingdevil

i7 here as well tried the hud thing thanks for that by the way turning it off smoothed the massive fps drop offs but makes the game unplayable. I got a meh video card the gt 620 but before all these performance patches was a stable 30 fps now im dipping below 10 fps. I hope they fix this but I doubt it after all the problems until they fix issues me and most of my outfit are just staying off now.
  12. OgreMarkX

I love these threads, they make me feel so Amish. People talk about LOSING 30 FPS. I rarely even GET 30 FPS!

But that is due to my machine and internet connection, not the game.
  13. Hatamoto

Jan 17th patch had another negative effect on performance
  14. MadBeef

Hi, I do notice some issues with the HUD of my scythe..Playing first person causes a massive drop in performance compared to Third person when the entire plane model is being rendered. This for me is the most noticeable instance where I can pinpoint fps drops. (After some tweaking I got everything to run quite smooth but still.)
  15. IDC_

before pu1 there was a huge difference between playing with or without hud (30-40 frames).
    since pu2 i have smoothing enabled and the fps is almost the same (1-3 frames) when its under my SmoothingMaxFramerate settings.
  16. CazadorDeLaBruja

Eve Online had a similar issue about 2 years ago... the HUD made the game lag beyond proportion... when disabled it ran at your prefer'ed cards max fps... i dont know what they did to fix it... but if i were SOE id try to poach some developers from Blizzard or CCP ... and some of thier marketing staff while your at it... the level of skill and quality far surpasses the PS2 teams.

just stay away from nexon america and perfect world international.... worst game developers/ publishers in human history.
  17. Octiceps

Is the EVE Online UI built on Scaleform GFx with assets authored in Adobe Flash using ActionScript? Cursory Google search says it is. There's your answer then. ;)
  18. CazadorDeLaBruja

lol... gimmi a link... im curious. ^ - ^
  19. Digestia

Looks like this thread is getting buried, so I'm back to remind SOE of this harsh truth:
    ~20 fps drops when turning on HUD, consistent with pretty much every other post in the thread.

Still waiting for that sticky.
  20. SkattoNollFem

Still not able to get playable fps no matter which quality I have the game set to, because of the hud. This started for me sometime around the first performance update. My specs are a few posts up.