0.5-1 Second freezes after the January 16 Update

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by PastalavistaBB, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Mastorass

Same problem here with those freezes! I am glad its not my pc's fault. Also my game started "alt-tabbing" itself. Had to switch to fullscreen windowed to reduce it a bit. I have tried most common fixes like deleting certain files etc without any success. Lets hope soe will fix it soon...
  2. blueangleofdeath

I can also say that the little client fix they tried the other day only ended up making it worse.
  3. Pootisman

I have exactly the same problem!
  4. Hatamoto

Still going strong
  5. MadBeef

Yeah, same problem here. Game runs fine apart from this issue. Started at the same time for me as well (around January 16th)
  6. blueangleofdeath

I'll post what I posted here https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/occasional-1-second-stutter-since-pu02.169143/

It's the ESF update! This is also happening on PTS since they put the ESF update on it. I'm using an AMD 7790. Latest hotfixes have made it even worse. I did think of though, the music is currently broken on both live and PTS I noticed that it froze at the time when I should be hearing music. I can't say if IT is the problem or just coincidence. The best thing you can do is keep reporting it here and in the game as it saves your system info and what outpost you're at. Keep reporting it has it happens incase this could be just a base to base issue.
  7. Hunterion

8. Botji

Same as for everyone else here, strange freezes happening randomly :(
  9. ncDieseL

Same here. Higby is asking people what their particle settings are, so let's do a poll and see if there's any pattern. I'm running Particles on High.
  10. Kangaaxx

Highest setting here aswell
  11. PastalavistaBB

My Particles are so High! :rolleyes:
  12. ZMdeTora

Got the same issue, too.
  13. Botji

My Particle settings are on LOW.

If I remember correctly it was because it affects the CPU more than GPU. Pretty much any setting that affects CPU is on low for me, I like my fps to stay in the 60-100 range :)

I dont get the freezes that often though, some seem to be getting them kinda often so it might still have something to do with the particles. I get them perhaps 5 or so times during an hour of playing so its not really hindering me that much but its still anoying.
  14. MadBeef

Same here, I have overall quality at high, textures at Ultra, lightning/shadows/effects/models/terrain/vegetation medium, particles low. I can turn stuff higher but in big battles 48+ vs 48+ or flying in first person (The HUD of ESF´s seems to bog things down) my fps will drop below 60 otherwise, and I hate playing at something like 30fps on a 1920x1080 resolution, you really do notice the difference.

i5-2500k at 4.3 Ghz
    2xhd6970´s in Crossfire (both overclocked to 926Mhz Core/1434 Memory Clock)
    8Gig 1600mhz Ram
    Planetside 2 on SSD
    1200W PSU
  15. blueangleofdeath

I've asked around in the outfit I'm in and some are seeing it on LOW and I'm seeing it on MEDIUM. Recreating the useroptions file also does not fix this. This is simply not setting issue from the looks of it.
  16. MadBeef

It´s def something to do with the latest Updates (ESF Update on 16th of January seems to be the popular opinion). Changing settings are just tweaks to make the game run more acceptable until SoE comes up with a proper fix. Had no freezes myself before the Update, now only once every hour or so which is still kind of annoying when you are in a plane or heavy fight but quite bearable for me apart from that since it happens to sparsely.
  17. Lazaruz

Getting these freezes as well. Guess I should be glad that I'm not the only one...

It's almost like the game wants to crash, everything freezes for a second or two, and then it decides to continue on normally.
    Also seeing much lower fps in general after the recent updates. Dropping lower than I have been in months.
  18. crashbx

I can confirm for me and my friends experience same problem so fix this they should make it like if there is performance hit restore the patch in what it was until they figure out the problem and not let us play as genuie pigs to test this horrible performance...
  19. Gruntilda

20. WoozNuky?

I have the same issue.

The "funny thing" is the fact that i changed my computer about 1 year ago because this problem happened to me on almost EVERY SINGLE game I Had (and by far it was worse than what I am experiencing with Planetside 2 right now, after all those freezes, are just a huge pain in the ******** but I can play almost serenely)

The only way to fix it was to launch a movie or a song throught windows media player while I was playing.

In fact, during those freezes, the cpu usage drop drastically, that's why we got those mini freezes.
    But for some reason, if something like a song or a movie is streaming, it manages to keep your cpu usage stable.
    (but obviously tha'ts not a very good solution)

That's a very strange issue which is barely impossible to fix properly, despite the fact i try so hard to find a solution on many forums.

At least on my new computer it just happens with Planetside 2 but sadly that's the only game i'm playing currently :D

It is kind of sad to have some improvements in one hand (No more violent crashes which make me reboot my computer) and some very frustrated glitches in the other hand with every patches since the beginning of 2014.

Those weekly updates are useless if they do not even try to fix the new glitches they made and it would be great to say it to them during a friday ops.

Best regards,