Why is it so damn hard to get this game to launch properly

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bear, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Bear

Look SOE, I love your game. I was in the beta, I bought the Alpha Squad pack, I've been a paying member since launch and I've probably spent hundreds of dollars on your game. That said, I'm insanely frustrated at the state of this game right now.

I'd really love to play and spend more money but I absolutely refuse to go through the multiple login attemp circus that currently exists. A brand new, state of the art system with a clean install and yet I'm spending six to eight attemps just trying to login. When i do actually get logged in half the time it's in some kind of bizarre, borked de-sync'd state.

You've got to know something is wrong, there are literally hundreds of posts describing the issue from hundreds of players. You can see the logs on your end. All of these login issues are frustrating beyond belief. I'm done subscribing to this mess. Get your game fixed and I'll gladly give you my $15 per month, maybe even more.
    • Up x 4
  2. ZargenFlaggen

HUGE +1 to this post. I would have posted my own thread that said close to what this said but you worded it perfectly. This is EXACTLY how I feel about the current state of affairs involving this game. I currently can log in into EVERY one of my toons except my main. Every time I attempt with that one (NC on Connery) my game instantly crashes to desktop. This is getting absolutely ridiculous because its starting to become something that everyone is SO USED TO, that its like an expected event that should happen every time they play the game. If i go any more than 2 hours without crashing, I start to think something is wrong.

I won't be subscribing to this game again until I see that my money is actually going somewhere useful.
  3. Raka Maru

I EVENTUALLY was able to log in most of my characters, except one NC character on Connery.
  4. FleurDisLee

still stuck at 96% since 17th! fix your damn game already
  5. starlinvf

This has to be network related bug in either the client code or the zone server. This problem skyrockets during prime time, or some kind of trigger found in a warp gate. It might even be tied to the new UI logic.
  6. MadBeef

Did you validate your game files through the launcher? (Don´t use steam to do this but the SoE launcher, just click on the wrench button and select validate) Being stuck on 96% since the 17th def isn´t normal I think and sounds like you got some corrupted files going on somewhere.
  7. Bear

I have the problem and I've got a brand new install on a SSD. If it's corrupted it's from the download.

Prior to my new system build I'd validated the files several times but it never resolved the issue.
  8. Miuku

There's also another workaround that you might want to try; in the launcher Logout your current account and "Login to a new account" (naturally use your normal credentials) and start the game.

Another thing to check is dropping your firewall temporarily to see if it's a connection issue that is being caused by 3rd party / Windows firewall.