Enough tweaking already. We need content.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Darkwulf, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Darkwulf

SOE needs to stop tweaking the guns and stats, and start pumping in lots more content. This game will never be balanced. Each faction is good at something just leave it at that. Haven't you learned yet by the many games Sony owns that balance is not achievable in an MMO? The people want content to keep going.

How about a reason to fight? Continent locking? Outfit territory control? something, anything.

Granted they just added some new ESF weapons and that is content, but its not near fast enough. Its been over a year since we saw any real content added to the game other than a gun here and there. The last interesting piece of content was the harasser, which I love, don't get me wrong, but its just one vehicle.

Come on SOE,

CONTENT OR BUST!
    • Up x 5
  2. VaIhall

• Up x 1
  3. bPostal

I imagine they've got people, a whole team even, working on new content. I'm imagining this to be true because I've seen Clegg stream himself working...and it was actually pretty cool to watch.
    So yeah. Soon!
    • Up x 2
  4. Kaserai

Although I agree with you, I have trepidations that not only would many would bash SOE for releasing new bugged but many would bash SOE for content already bugged.
    • Up x 1
  5. Sen7rygun

Soon™
    • Up x 4
  6. Blarg20011

Like the new ESF weapons?
    • Up x 5
  7. MasonSTL

DERPDERP
    • Up x 3
  8. Blarg20011

Oh, yeah, whatever, reading is hard. Also, dude, chill, they're on it. Although it doesn't seem like it, and it may not have been particularly popular, the Esamir revamp, and the Indar lattice are content. VR didn't come out until March, Hossin is on test and coming fairly soon, and the road map has a ton of stuff on it for the next couple months.

Oh, and they have added quite a few guns.
  9. DeadlyShoe

i guess this just seems a stupid complaint when they added content today and new content is on the roadmap
    • Up x 4
  10. Strikejk

don't worry content is on the way!
    [IMG]
    • Up x 8
  11. Akeita

I wonder if Hossin is a boy or a girl
  12. DirArtillerySupport

At the end PS1 was perfectly balanced....they even balanced BFRs!? I agree though..what scares me the most is a game with content limits based on the PS4's ability to deal with it. I was more excited about the vehicles not sliding down terrain than I was about new store items.
  13. Poorform

I'm going to tell you a story about a little mmo called Warhammer Online.

Warhammer Online was run by Mythic. Mythic did exactly what you said, they, instead of focusing on tweaking and fixing current content rushed to make more content right from the get go. This seemed like a logical choice, a way to nip your kind of complaint in the butt so to speak. However, this backlashed. Since the game wasn't being cleared of bugs and wasn't being tweaked players were being turned off of the game far before they had the chance to experience the new content Mythic created! Before long the game was struggling and barely keeping afloat, but loyal to their motto Mythic yet again focused on new content, because surely even more content would bring back and ultimately bring more people into the game.

But alas, like insanity, they came to the same conclusion as before. Even more people left the game because of the lack of tweaking and basic bug stomping, and the new players that they did get were so disgusted with how poorly the game ran and played that they left before they even got halfway through the original content. So Mythic was left with a dying population and a very sub-optimal game, but they decided that they would forge ahead yet again, and make more content.

Warhammer Online was shut down in November 2013. The devs never did fix 80% of the bugs they had since Open Beta. Heed this as a cautionary tale before asking for such things again.
    • Up x 3
  14. Lamat

No way someone is cutting the grass in the park and yet they leave the corpse on the bench. :p
  15. Luighseach

Well since they will be doing separate build for PS4 I wouldn't worry about PC content slowing down since we will be the Play test for content before it goes over to PS4.

Also the PS4 may not have amazing specs for a pc gamer but when that is all you have to optimize allows it to be able to run this game just as well as any amazing computer could. SO i wouldn't worry about limits either.

Think of it this way. The PS4 will(hopefully) become a cash cow while PC are the guinea pigs that test all the new content as fast as SOE can put it out while the PS4 gets slower more refined patches designed solely for PS4 that has already been tested on PC.

Honestly I think it is a WIN WIN for PC gamers even though we will have to put up with lesser quality patches but faster content while PS4 will have to wait awhile for new content since it will have to pass through PC first(since it will be quicker on PC) then changed to work with PS4.
  16. Axehilt

It's been 6 months I've played retail PS2. Since August.

In that time, zero new weapons content has been added.

Until today. The day you picked to complain about content.

Also, it's a guilty pleasure but my favorite fraction is 2/3rds.
  17. DirArtillerySupport

You're darned right the content on the PC will remain constant but in the end it will be governed by a piece of hardware that is not upgradeable. The content and its diversity will forever be tethered to the upper limits of what that little box is capable of regardless of how much they "optimize" it and claim they are doing it for stay at home scrubs with 10 year old hardware. This marriage of PC and Console is destined for one thing...divorce....so my wallet is closed. I`m only here for the honeymoon.
  18. MorganM

We just got more content and I don't mean costmetics.

New nose guns, new missles, and a totally new radar system for ESFs.

I know.. I know... you want REAL content like Hossin, Battle Islands, Continental Lattice... I hear you. However understand we HAVE gotten content.
    • Up x 2
  19. Nocturnal7x

I agree, the only word I want to here out of any devs mouth is "hossin".

Everything else is filler.
    • Up x 1
  20. Nocturnal7x

I assume the game will flop massivley on the PS4 and it won't affect the quality of our stuff. They will shut PS4 PS2 down a year after launch. It will just hurt how fast we get stuff (a year later).