Server Downtime for ESF Update January 16, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bastid721

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  2. SupaFlea

WOW just WOW, im probably the worst pilot in the game but I can still kill some infantry with my nose gun on occasion, The Lib has the Anti Infantry weapon, Next you will be wanting homing bullets for your Infantry weapons or 1 shot kill homing rockets for Infantry vs Tank/Air. lol
  3. Felkuro

Beer is liquid bread so its good for you!
  4. Renuse

How is saying you should have some basic skills on a video game, in order to kill people, in anyway, relative to my life? Me saying "Im done" just means ill move onto a game that is fun rather than having someone spam "Infantry seeking" rockets out of the warp gate (and then T-bagging our boddies because they are so "good" at the game. lol).....

How fun would this game be if you were chased around by some dudes rockets, while he sits on an ammo pack and spams them.
  5. DocSimon

At least SOE don't patch-**** the game up like EA/DICE.
  6. RuthlessMoose

I think he was sarcastic...
    • Up x 3
  7. Underrun

You'd think they'd learn not to do that after what downsizing their security team did to the PSN...
  8. bruce bengtson

4 hours and counting when will we get back to killing each other.
  9. Arranzu

Does anyone wanna play some pokemon or somethin in the meantime?
  10. Daes

Wait no cluster bombs for ESF? Phhh worst patch ever. LoL Sucks about the A2A missles I liked using them as a finisher so I can turn and engage other threats. Having to keep the target on the cross hairs makes them no longer viable for my style of game play. Oh well.... Wish I could get my certs back.
  11. KingOfLuck

They should add human mechanics next like needing to eat and use the crapper. How awesome would it be to cluster bomb a bunch of NC's using an outhouse?!?
    • Up x 1
  12. Firesss

If I were this inaccurate at my job I would probably lose it very quickly. It must be nice having a job where you can be completely inaccurate and still keep your job. Oh lets take a look at the top 5 -Weathermen, Doctors, Lawyers, Politicians, and PC Game Companies, like Sony here. If I had to choose 1 companion for the rest of my life if would be the Doctor, even though he/she would be wrong half the time. Hmmm what's for lunch? Now I'm just typing what I'm thinking...
    • Up x 1
  13. Vanunator

This clearly is not a rare thing, but a common and became a rather routine.
    Not disrespecting anyone, but if I was community manager and I seen that every update it takes longer, I would just put ETA: 6 hours.
    No one would go mad, people would actualy know what to expect, and hey, even if it was done before that time, people would be happily suprised, and this would solve that, and smiles all over.
    • Up x 1
  14. Underrun

I already have to eat and use the crapper... it would be redundant.
  15. NCwolf84

been good fights on the test server
  16. KingOfLuck

Currently I'm unable to clusterbomb you. Not redundant.
    • Up x 1
  17. EmperorPenguin5

Well take for example the 145 degree angle limitation.
    It at this point ONLY prevents Boomerang missiles in theory.
    However I do not see where they said you should be able to take cover etc.
    There is still half a second of time that maintains the missile lock (last tested on PTS before the patch that forces auto CTD on startup)
    Wizz and I tested this extensively.
    Basis was in a hover dogfight where missiles should not be hitting if the pilot knows how to dodge etc.
    This also was apparently before the supposed Limitation added to the missiles.
    Somehow at first (maybe due to error in determining whether we lost lock or not)

We were able to dodge 4 out of 8 missiles fired. (this was somehow done while in third person view)
    However, when we tried to replicate it. We found it was impossible.
    After the ones we dodged we could not find any way to dodge them anymore.
    (also guys Never try to dodge a missile by going upwards from the launch point. Even if the guy loses lock It will go straight up.... SO if it is right under you when it loses it will probably fly up to hit you.
    Wizz streamed some of the fight too.
    Anyways....
    It also appeared that the missiles Never actually flew past us. They stopped RIGHT at where we were originally and then turned directly into us..
    Missiles still tended to hit if it was close enough before you lost lock or gave up trying to lock.

Finally.... This still allows for the use of the ****** tactic of sitting still in the background firing missiles at another ESF that is engaging a friendly or another target.
    Because it isn't that hard at all to maintain target lock if you're just hovering there..
  18. iiKAforum

Maintenance is a TR plot
  19. Snowzak

i'm using this downtime to build a time machine so i can warn my past self not to put any money into this game
    • Up x 2
  20. Rubius

They ALWAYS ******* do this. If you can't patch a server in 3 hours DON'T SAY YOU CAN. Simply state the servers will be offline the whole day so those of use who have a life can be on with it instead of planning to play after 3 hours when servers are up. Sheesh!!

Needless to say, I've learned my lesson. Will never plan to play on a patch day.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.