OMFG P2 and Graphics settings

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gheeta, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Gav7x

:(
  2. S7rudL

[Rendering]
    MaximumFPS=58
    Smoothing=1
    SmoothingMaxFramerate=58
    SmoothingMinFramerate=20

Its not included by default for some reason. :confused:

Goes bananas about NFS being locked to 30fps.
  3. Zotamedu

That's strange because I remember a lot of talk after release where people wanted to change their AA settings but were unable and the devs said it wasn't possible. It was also then there was a lot of talk about Sweet FX and if you were allowed to use it. People wanted it for the built in AA settings amongst other things. I started playing in early December and started to tweak settings from the start to get the most out of my computer. Nowhere have I seen any references to AA settings other than super sampling. And I went through quite a few threads about settings in the ini files.
  4. starecrow

It might be a good idea to try and fold these in with PU3.
  5. Luperza Community Manager

No ETA as of right now, but I'll let them know how you feel. :)
    • Up x 2
  6. Eyeklops

I second this. Also, they LOD system is pretty bad. I can get 110FPS, but certain textures and objects around me go into "crap" detail mode. Totally breaks immersion. I wonder if there is a way to force textures and objects to stay in full detail out to a certain distance? Would use it.
    • Up x 1
  7. Flavo

I completely endorse everything on this list. I think the antialiasing should take priority, but advanced options for DoF/bloom/glare/cloaking would also go a long way. I've been one of the people requesting an expansion of the 'graphics quality' option for a very long time.
  8. John_Aitc

Great post and follow up discussion.I rarely read every thread in a post, but this one compelled me to do so.

-It has been stated by SOE Developers that the cloak issue across the different graphics need to, and will be corrected.
    -IR/NV has had a couple of passes made to it. I think one even went to Live. One of the fixes actually made it white out if used in the daylight, if I remember correctly. I think it still needs more work, but it is not a bad scope the way it is now.

My CQC Infil benefits greatly from so many players using Med-Low graphics, but I fully support giving all settings a competitive chance in seeing my shimmering character as I make my approach.
  9. Theodulus

All of my thumbs.
    • Up x 1
  10. f0d

i REALLY want to be able to change the things on the OP's list - every single one of them
    i would like to run on high settings but with AA and bloom/glare off - the bloom/glare makes the game look horrible and id like to turn off AA for more performance as i pretty much never have AA on in a game and i barely notice it

and yes i have enough grunt to run AA (gtx670sli and 5ghz i7 3930k 6core) i just dont see the point of wasting gpu cycles on AA with how small of a difference it makes at high resolutions

also if the devs could expose even more graphical settings than those listed it would be awesome - you can never have enough options imo
  11. SniperCzar

Ugh! The blur!

I really do wish there was a way to run quality, expensive AA without a cheap nasty built-in blur filter underneath.
  12. Daimond

I think it was best described by someone back in beta as, "please lets us remove this Vaseline smeared across my screen".
    • Up x 2
  13. DarkVoidBoy

Great OP and one of the best thread in ages. Thank you.
  14. nallar

Haven't had any further response + it hasn't appeared on the roadmap, was this forgotten about again? :(
  15. Gheeta

Well i certainly hope not. They did fix the low graphics tracers, that's a good sign. Hopefully more is on the way. :)
  16. Nate

These settings are more important to players than several other items on the roadmap. :oops:
    • Up x 1
  17. Dragam

I really do hope this gets carried through by the devs.
  18. Tiedemann

Supporting this too.

Along with the option of turning off icons and popups :p