SOE, Miller and hackers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hatamoto, Jan 14, 2014.

1. BloodyPuma

Haxor free? Try a different ingame role. Play long range sniper - render distance - and you will see crap that is not visible on cqc and medium range. Common as an observer and often as a receiver.

Imagine - you are on Xeno hill - you see guy that just rendered running out from Xroads. He point his Trac on you, you cloak and run, and bam - no matter zigzag- no matter that you constantly change your height [its a curved top] - ultra fast nonstop headshot - you are dead. One time - ok. But when you see as he do it multiple times in a row on everyone - yeah, "haxor free". Few minutes, he pads his KD, then back to his normal 1.1 KDR and reality that 10 yo peeps can own him.

Same situation. Im on the top - circa 250 meters to the target, some VS dude drops near me - and he cleans my target with orion :) All of them :) Again "haxor free".

People started to be wiser using cheats. They toggle it. I can see that on a range of 1-100 BR. High night-early morning - suddenly crappy players start to be elite. Alt-tab -> kill history is common action for me. You, and 12 other people were killed by BR 40 with DR 0.8 in no time. Yeah, right ;)

Or try to kill someone day in a day for 10-12 times. There is a change he will return suddenly owning everyone.

ESP? Sitting on the top of the highest tree - tank over 300 meters from you - insta AP-owned - "I saw you on thermal". Yep, right, on 300 meters...

If someone says there is no hackers - go long range sniping. You will see differently. Aimbot or no recoil or "very special button" with macro that gives you norecoil for special occasions.
  2. allattar

Whats galling is seeing that the cheats love this game. There is one place that is far too easy to find selling a cheat, and its full of praise for PS.

Yet his very actions put the future of this game at risk. Overabundance of scum kills online games.
  3. p10k56

I say it last only few hours but those were good spended hours.
    Next day low BR becomes suspiciously accurate and after it returned to old good days full of magic.
  4. BloodyPuma

It was not pointed on you, just real game relation. Take no offence ;)

I would like to also point out that macro-experts are back and good. One obvious example:

I dropped on a center tree on Xeno. Full combat, good fun. NC LA run from behind a turret tower. I shoot - I miss. Ok, second time i Will ddo better. But... the dude started to "dance". Zigzag left, 90 degree, zigzag, 90 degree - adading all the time like crazy - i Thought "guy is good". Moved forward and again. "Wait a minute - thats the same combination". Again - moved forward and the same pattern. Always moving to front one meter then pushing macro - very wild [and unique] one. Fourth time ive pointed on the place he will end his macro [taking to the account that he moves always 1 meter forward] and bang - OHK :)

I would never ever predict where he will be [except for lukcy shot] If he would not use predefined macro. You cant see that stuff on ground level. Just go somewhere up and observe people. Its like beeing a teacher during exams. Kids think that they are cheating and copying like ninja - yet teacher see all of it.

From the distance move-macro is very visible. There is no possiblity that human change direction, head position, and "blink" that fast AND repeating the same combination all over again with machine like precision.
  5. PurpleOtter

I posted in another thread that I thought up to 30% of the people playing were artificially augmenting/cheating in some form or another. I was pilloried because I could not produce any hard evidence. After seeing the previously removed screenshot of the "Cheat-Suite" website I don't know whether to feel vindicated or disgusted. There seems to be a sense of entitlement that has metastasized throughout the online FPS community like a malignant cancer.
    • Up x 1
  6. CaptHaddock

While I think there are cheats in the game, I feel obliged to point out that the screenshot didn't tell the full story. If you actually read each of those threads (which I did), you will notice in every one of them responses that the public hacks have not been updated for a while. Those were posts created by someone looking for a hack, not the release of a new hack.

Forumside drama at it's finest.

And if you want to do your own research, punch in name of game followed by cheats, and follow the first link. I know right, tough to track down - I'm a detective in real life.
  7. BloodyPuma

Yeah right, and a multiserver problem of godmode unkillable tanks and esf are mass imagination...
  8. phreec

LOL 30%, don't be ridiculous. So over two full squads in every 48v48 battle are cheating?

1-10% is more feasible.
  9. PurpleOtter

Hyperbole, I has it.... Still, it is worse than most want to admit and we will never really know because SOE will never spill the beans. In fact I am willing to bet that it's a high enough percentage of the player base that Sony could not risk perma-banning them without affecting their bottom line. Hence the temp bans in most cases.....
    • Up x 3
  10. Copasetic

Bottom line, everything that runs client side can be hacked, and running everything server side is just impossible for a game of this scale. Policing the game with GMs is part of the responsibility SOE took on when they decided to make this F2P. Everyone warned them cheating would be rampant, even Planetside 1 had big problems with cheaters for a long time. I think they did a decent job in the first 6 months, but things have been getting worse ever since those layoffs at SOE.

When we voiced our concerns in the beta Smedley repeatedly told us "Don't worry, we got this", so I expect these cheaters to be handled. That includes Miller and the other EU servers too. I don't care what agreement you have with Pro7, either you or they need to make sure there are always GMs online to deal with cheaters. That's part of the basic operating cost for a F2P title.

Aside from that, even 10% would be an awful number. When new players join this game they're killed a lot. It's a hard shooter to get into, and because SOE's done a good job of making the default weapons just as viable as the unlocks the only other big scapegoat is cheating. If new players believe that even 10% of people cheat they're going to blame every suspicious death on it, and that leads to one of two things. Either they decide to cheat to "level the playing field" or they just quit. Obviously neither of those are good for the game's future.
    • Up x 2
  11. CaptHaddock

Where did I say you were imagining things, or that they weren't cheats. Oh wait, I didn't. In fact, I said I know there are cheats, I see them too.

I'm just correcting a misleading screenshot that 3 clicks of research disprove. Now stop replying to posts and completing misrepresenting their content.
    • Up x 1
  12. PromptCritical Developer

Hi folks. Just want to clarify a few things:
    1. The issue with invulnerable vehicles is a bug in our code, not a cheat.
    2. We do not suspend accounts for cheating. Accounts caught cheating are banned, permanently.
    3. Just because a website is advertising a cheat for Planetside2 does not mean that the cheat works and/or is not detected.
    • Up x 6
  13. HadesR

I know you can't mention specifics but please tell us you are using more than /reports and the automated crash report for detecting them .. Simple Yes or No will do :p
  14. Lexor

I did some research on that forum in the image you posted that is now removed. I could find absolutely ZERO working cheats there. The threads you pointed out with red arrows were nothing but script kiddies desperately requesting cheats in horrible broken English as there have been no public releases since February 3rd of last year which is now outdated and does not work. I did some further research across the internet and could not find any public hacks for this game that are not extremely outdated/broken/viruses whatsoever. I've come to the conclusion that most people complaining about hacking being rampant in this game really are paranoid and definitely need to l2p.
  15. Ac3s

Oh how people love to throw the L2P around, trust me buddy, Miller has a lot of cheaters which are not hard to notice.
    One ESF going at 500% of max speed killing everything, or one guy killing everyone that spawns in the spawnroom while hiding under the floor.
    Is that us being paranoid or you being in denial that this problem exists?
    • Up x 2
  16. Villanuk

Thank you for the Reply Prompt, its appreciated :)
    • Up x 1
  17. Goretzu

I hope that's true in a general sense.

However there definately are working ones, because Miller has had a quite a few issues with them recently (blantent kill everything type hackers), they are NOT imaginary, they both exist and work (as of 2 days ago I saw my last one).
    • Up x 1
  18. Scatterblak

Ok, so, you're not so good at research, then.

Hope it's worth it to learn that it's all real - I'll likely get kicked for this post.
    • Up x 4
  19. Scatterblak

Guys,

Here are some facts that you can easily verify on your own with some real research:

1. Someone is making aimbots, they obviously work (just check youtube - filter for the last week or last month if you like).
    2. They sell them for money.
    3. They've survived numerous patch cycles (patch, aimbot breaks, they fix it and put it back out)
    4. PS has no client side exe checksum or other authentication.
    5. There are no published metrics on usage.

Now, what makes you think there's no cheating going on? Anytime this discussion is brought up, there's always a contingent loudly decrying the entire concept, exhorting those of us discussing to 'l2p', etc. Basically, these are people who either just want to be heard, or they've got an agenda to bring to the table (such as deflecting discussion on cheating, misinformation, trolling, etc). Do your own research (don't just Google once and assume you've got the answers), and see what you find.

And don't just assume that just because someone is talking about hacking that they're 'paranoid' or need to l2p. It's a discussion, not a rant, and you just look foolish.
    • Up x 3
  20. Villanuk

I posted on that channel, but I cant say here what I think of them...