The death screen should show the distance of the kill

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ghostwalkn, Jan 10, 2014.

1. ghostwalkn

2. KnightCole

Umm, no? We dont need kill cams showing right where you died from. Cuz thats what distance would turn into.

KNowing who killed you is enough.
    • Up x 4
  3. nonrg1

it wouldnt feel like a real war if i knew where everybody was who killed me
    • Up x 1
  4. Total_Overkill

... if you were killed by something you werent looking at, you were doing something wrong >.>
  5. Chipay

I don't see the use of it for new players, but at least it doesn't show any useful information.
    If a player killed you from 150m, then there's 942meters of space on that circle of 150m where the enemy could've been, so there's no way in hell a sniper is going to get found out with this mechanic.
  6. Total_Overkill

You are given a directional indicator for damage, so all you need do is set a waypoint marker Xm from your corpse in the direction that damage was shown.
    • Up x 2
  7. Chipay

Infiltrators shouldn't be staying on one spot though and should OHK if they're at that range :p
  8. Total_Overkill

Indeed, but bad players shouldnt need easy mode tools to track down bad snipers either.
    • Up x 1
  9. Goretzu

It doesn't feel like a real war, whether they have that in or pink dancing girraffes.
  10. JudgeDeath

[IMG]

Thank you for the suggestion but it would be rather pointless. If you go along that road you might as well add a proper slowmo killcam to juice up the moment.
  11. Camycamera

12. Frazzle

That would suck for infiltrators that were close and killed you with a supressed bolt action.
  13. Phyr

I'd like it purely because I find that information interesting. "snipers" should learn to shoot and move, regardless.
  14. ManyHats

nice idea. too abusable, especially in squads. Maybe ONLY AFTER a player has respawned (not ressed).
  15. IamDH

Respectfully disagree. This is exactly why killcam was withheld.
  16. ScrapyardBob

There's not enough soft cover on most continents to do "shoot and move". If you increased the number of small boulders, small shrubs and trees by 10x, then it would start to be enough to support "shoot and move" tactics.

Instead, what we have in PS2 is solo rocks with large fields of open ground all around them.
  17. Mustarde

learn to play
  18. ABATTLEDONKEY

it wont feel like a real war if you know ANYTHING after you were killed. or if you respawned for that matter.........................
  19. Yuukikun

lol you don't seem to know anything about wars. This is a game and it's not supposed to be compared to reality anyways
  20. Phyr

wat?

And yet reality is the basis for everything we can / can't do ingame. Don't use logic/reality to support an argument and then dismiss it when it suits you.