Stuck at 96% loading, game will not start

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hardwyre, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Shuriko

This is happening on Cobalt servers aswell.
    Continuing Dc´s when attempting to change continent and this includes Vr room.
    I´m getting Disconnects and crashes to desktop without any error labels or anything. Especially when I am trying to dogfight with the nerfed ESF vehicles.

If SOE wants to keep and perhaps even gain something for the holiday sales and what not I strongly urge them to fix these issues fast as people have reported on forums and via countless support tickets.

What we have is a game that is supposed to make us happy and be enjoyable. But it doesnt do that in its current state since we arent allowed to play due to these crashes, lags, login errors and what not. Instead we have a game that doesnt allow me to play, it doesnt allow me to become happy and experience the joy that I would want to get from a game after coming home from work and relax to.

As the game is atm it fails to be a game for me, we have a product here that brings out sadness and anger because I cant play what I would want without getting a crash, disconnect or lag that causes god-knows-what problems.
    • Up x 1
  2. blueicexx

Wow...Clearly it's still an issue. Been stuck on 96% after today's new patch for about 25 minutes now.
  3. PastalavistaBB

Even if you get to start the game and login, it might be unplayable for you. Everybody is warping on my screen. It's unplayable.
  4. Nabakin

I have this issue
  5. Ziporama

Same here, Connery server. Stuck 96% post patch - did a file validation - checked out OK.
  6. Kaserai

Yep same here, stuck at 96% with no hope of continuing
  7. RSphil

just tried to play now and got stuck at 96%, any word if they are looking into this?
  8. Jester7x

Well here's something to look at while we wait:

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  9. Kaserai

****UPDATE**** Validating game files fixed the problem for me.
  10. SLiCKRiCK

This is typical on patch day due to the volume of people having to download the latest files. When it sits at 96%, it usually means the loader is throttling your bandwidth significantly while it downloads the last piece of the required metadata.

If you leave the screen open for ~15-20 minutes it will most likely complete. Or you can just come back later when less people are logging in.
    • Up x 1
  11. Corvus Corax

HERESY I WANT MY GAME AND I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOOOOW
  12. Kaserai

****UPDATE TO MY RECENT UPDATE**** I am now trapped on the infinite login icon.

*Sigh* I feel like setting a proximity mine at my feet and walking on it
  13. ScrapyardBob

More likely, taking the time to do that (or anything else like playing with your household pet) gave the servers time enough to recover and/or on your next attempt you got lucky.

(Not saying validation is a bad idea... but it wasn't the fix.)
  14. SLiCKRiCK

• Up x 1
  15. come1l

Typical patch day server jam.
    Why not wait for a while and then log in?
  16. Lamat

17. Elkybam

Got past the loading screen. Now just need to go through the annoying character login (20+ minutes of waiting).
  18. Thorval

To all.

Calm your Turrets. Lots of people trying to log in all at once. Please walk to the nearest login port in a calm, single file and just drink some water.
  19. PresidentFreeman

Well I wasn't stuck permanently, but it definitely sat at 96% for a while. Took a long time to login as well, as someone from SOE mentioned in another thread, looks to be server load issues.
  20. Ruganum

This only makes sense if the patch files are downloaded from the same servers that are used for gaming or at least using the same internet connection, which both would be extremely stupid decisions by the responsibles of SOE. Do you really think they are that ignorant noobs to realise their updates that way?

(I am not sure if the last question is ment ironically. While on the one hand I can barely imagine, that a company like SOE really does things THAT stupid, but on the other hand... you are right, it feels like they actually did, especially if you account for their extremely bad internet connection, they are running their european servers on. Cheap, cheap, cheap, no matter how bad the customers online experiene gets that way...)