Unscheduled - Re-certification Item Now Archived!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dragon, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonom Denej

As a BR32 I would love such feature because I spent quite some certs in stuff I didn't know was useless for me and ended up not using. There is probably 10% of the 4500 certs I earned in those 100h+ with my character that I would want back.

All the non-SC purchasable thing should be refundable. Including weapon attachment.
    • Up x 4
  2. Gustavo M

We =/= I.
    I have gained so many certs I don't care about this anymore.
  3. Bonom Denej

Well, I think he can still say "we" honestly. If you're one of those that don't care anymore, there are still a lot of players that want this. So yeah, "we" still want this.
    • Up x 8
  4. Spaw 13

You know SOE, we are determined. There's no loophole for this gesture.
  5. EFREM

Silence from SOE enrages me.
    • Up x 2
  6. Spaw 13

Is this transparency ?
    • Up x 1
  7. f0d

im lvl100 with loads of certs and even i would like this

imo they should give everyone a free cert refund then do it again once every year
    AND provide a cert refund in the shop you can purchase for those that want more

they had a great system of doing this in ps1 (i cant remember it properly but you were allowed to recert one item every 48 hours i think it was) and imo that would be even better (but i wont hold my breath for something like that)

both systems would be good or ANY system - the ability to recert is something a LOT of people want
    • Up x 4
  8. NC_agent00kevin

I supported a re-cert back then. Now that Ive kept playing, the amount of certs Id want to actually re-spec are so few in the grand scheme of things, it would be largely a waste of money.

Just keep playing. You'll forget all about it soon enough :)
  9. Spaw 13

No ! We have to fight against SOE concealing evidence.
  10. FieldMarshall

SOE: "Oh crap. This really easy to implement item is getting top-voted, but we dont really want to implement it afterall"
    *Removes from roadmap and doesent tell anyone*

SOE being SOE. Not really surprised to be honest.
    • Up x 3
  11. Larington

That's a pity, I would've used a recert token, doesn't need to be for weapons I regret spending certs on (In fact that's not what I want it for), just the certs invested in vehicle/weapon slots and class slots, that sort of thing. Like I've got certs invested in racer and manoeuvring in Magrider from before VR Training was in game and I'd like to re-invest the cert points from one of those two things, that's one example out of probably 10 or 15 things I would've adjusted in my loadouts.
    • Up x 1
  12. Bortasz

I'm cynic. But I will tell you, why SOE, cannot give you re-certification token.

1. End game for many high BR players.
    Many People will simply lose interest in game if they will be allow to get back there cert, and put them somewhere else.

2. People will buy less weapons.
    You can buy new weapon for 700 SC, ore get back you cert to buy that weapon for 100 SC. And you just want auraxium on it.

3. It will destroy statistic.
    And as everybody know SOE dev cannot balance this game without statistic.

So sorry guys. Forget about re-certification.
  13. Bonom Denej

1) Hmm, doesn't quite makes sense to me. High BR will probably don't use it.
    2) It's exactly why it should only re-cert abilities and not weapons.
    3) It will actually bring them more statistic.
    • Up x 1
  14. Bortasz

1. Of course they will use it. Stop using reaver? Re-cert and start flying in liberator. Boring witch that? Re-cert and use galaxy.
    2. Agree.
    3. But It will make the statistic they already have useless.
  15. Spaw 13

I think equipments on weapons can be re-certed. I think about the night vision on my vehicles.
  16. Bonom Denej

True, I told that earlier, attachment too since it can't be bought with SC.
    Basically, all certs only items should be refunded. Not the one that can alternatively be bough with SC.

1) But why would it make it boring ? This item should be a one-time thing for free and then purchasable... I don't think anybody will pay so many times to do so. And some BR100 already complained about sitting on a pile of unused certs so some of them actually don't give two **** about a re-cert.
    3) Not necessarily, since they will actually see why people are recerting. If it's a global recert, many will actually recerts many of the same stuff appart from a few mistakes, and they can use that data. Also, I don't think this statistic actually is that important, the most important is about what portion is using this or that and how it performs with it over time, one recert will shift a couple of data but it won't make it useless. Again, it has to be limited and not something you can do every 24h like some of you explained it was on PS1.
  17. ManyHats

I think with all the nerfs, buffs, and changes that have been and gone in the first year, this item would be a hugely popular thing to add to the game. There is a big potential for abuse (levelling builds, anyone?), and potential loss of income for SOE. Lets face it, subs and SC sales are what keep the servers switched on and the patches coming.

There's lots of ways this idea could be implemented (so the community gets what IT wants) without causing a drop in spending / keeping SOE's income up (they get they want).

Here's a list of different ideas, off the top of my head.
    1. Give everyone who's been subbed >6 months a ONE-TIME, ONE-USE full cert-refund for all characters.
    2. Make the item prohibitively expensive, and SC-only.
    3. Make it come with a catch; You only get 75% of your certs back.
      • 3a The more often you use the item, the greater the "tax" on your certs refunded. (a true mmo 'gold sink')
    4. Make the item available, but once-per-character (ie, can never be used again).
    5. Or another variation; the SC costs doubles every time buy you buy the item.
    6. Cap the number of re-certs available per character/account per year.
    7. Another, now deceased MMO used to give players a re-cert for every character as a 'veterans reward' for every 6 months of full-subs. This was really, really, really popular.
    Oh, and SOE.... we saw you post "we heard you" in official announcements... ;)
    • Up x 3
  18. BITES

_b
  19. RyanGUK

It'd be nice to hear from one of the community team as to why this has been shelved.

I'm sure there's a better reason for it than what people are stirring it up to be.
  20. Istaf

Its so easy to get certs why do we need this? If people had the ability to recert all it'd be used for is flavor of the month ********.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.