TR carbines

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paperlamp, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Paperlamp

So post Jaguar nerf, what're you using and why?

I'm sort of at a loss.

TRAC-5 has too much horizontal recoil for me along with lack of attachments, meh

TRAC-5 burst is still a joke

T5 AMC too high TTK to be a practical choice, velocity is nice but not worth going down to 143 damage/652 RoF

Jaguar is still okay for closer ranges but doesn't quite cut it out to medium as much anymore. No 2x doesn't help.

Lynx is just not worth using over the Jaguar. small ROF boost isn't worth its weaker drop off and higher hip CoF.

I've ended up with the TRAC-5 S, using it without the underbarrel, just forward grip, flash suppressor, soft point, 2x reflex. But I wouldn't even call it good, just the only option that doesn't have glaring flaws.
  2. Tommyp2006

Still using the Jag, still love it, swap to the T5 when I need that extra range. Just depends on the situation, both are still great guns. The Trac-5 is a still a great all arounder too.
    • Up x 4
  3. Church41349

I have still just been using my Jaguar it may have been nerfed buy I still prefer it over the other carbines that I own just for the 0.75 ADS speed and like you said the Lynx just still does not feel like it is worth using over the Jaguar
  4. TheMightyRed

I use all the default weapons (other than MAX and infil) and love them! Just slap a forgrip on the default carbine/AR/LMG and you are set!
  5. DeadlyShoe

I use the Trac 5 S on my Engineer for the Smoke Launcher/NV combo. The best part is the meta effect on the zerg. It's funny watching how people actually attack once the room gets smoked!

I've been contemplating getting the NS rifle or the T5 AMC, though. The NS rifle is 0.75 ADS and feels effective at longer ranges than the Lynx/Jaguar, while my friends are raving about the T5 after getting it.
    • Up x 1
  6. vsae

Why is Trac-5 Burst a joke? It is one of the best mid range carbines and definitely better than T5 AMC.
  7. TsubasaKuroi

Using the Jaguar at the moment with a foregrip just for the sake of auraxiuming it. Occasionally I'll switch to the Lynx with the ALS but now with that recoil, I don't see the point of it having .75 ADS.

If I didn't care about auraxiums, I'd probably just use the NS-11C all the time as a TR Engie/LA
  8. Syphers

I'm almost done auraxing my lynx currently using a silencer and foregrip and it's a pretty good weapon it pack slightly more punch than the jaguar and it's only very slightly less accurate which doesn't make any difference really. Now im gonna try the AMC with silencer/adv foregrip and HDS 3.4
  9. Syphers

The 3 main TR carbines are all pretty similar but still my favorites
  10. Aegie

Just FYI, but according to the most recent data TR still lead KPU in carbines just not by as much as previously (i.e. NC still dead last, TR still in lead, VS still in middle but the discrepancies are not as great).

Also, I eat face with Trac5+4x+Foregrip with virtually 0 practice (relative to my time with NC).

The Lynx appears to be a general go-to if you find the Jaguar too wild now since the Lynx is somewhat of a longer ranged Jaguar (i.e. still has the .75x ADS but is a bit more controllable at longer distances).
  11. DaninTexas

Trac 5-S with Flash Hider - Smoke Launcher - 3.4 Red Dot
  12. Flukeman62

just asking but is that including the pre-patch kpu? of is it exclusively post-patch kpu?
  13. DevDevBooday

My highly sophisicated and backed up argument is going to be: "JAG JAG JAG JAG JAG JAG JAG"

Thanks for listening. I hope you see my point.
    • Up x 1
  14. Jaedrik

I thought about this for a while, and I mostly concur with another user named Den Kirson (He started in CoD and made his name in extracting weapon data so that we could objectively compare weapons!) who said these things to me and made this neat image.

[IMG]

Okay, well, that's only one or two tests, obviously, but if you do a lot of tests you'll find similar results, the NS-11C is simply better at mostly everything accuracy wise, except for the NS weapon trademark super mega random spread increase in the last 10 or so shots. You shouldn't be holding down the trigger like that the whole time anyways, so. . .
    He said this to me the other night: 'I've been almost exclusively using the NS-11C after the grenade from the launcher was turned into a slow wet shotgun slug'. Yeah, I think that illustrates it pretty well. NS-11C is the superior choice to most of the TR carbines.
    • Up x 1
  15. FieldMarshall

AMC for easy headshots. Really cuts down on that TTK. Plus its decent at longer ranges (compared to the other carbines)
    I never really understood the whole hipfire thing when ADS is so quick. I even ADS at 6-10m+ without too many problems =)

Sometimes i roll with Trac5S. For UBGL spam ofcourse.
    /noshame
  16. Aegie

Sorry, I should have been more specific.

Post-PU2 shows that the Lynx > Jaguar, I believe, I have not done any attempts to correct for the effects of popularity. This is a reversal from pre-PU2 that had Jaguar > Lynx. My cautious interpretation is that this means the Jaguar is now a bit more niche than it once was in that it still does exceedingly well in CQC but probably is no longer as good out to range where the Lynx, while being slightly less CQC oriented probably holds lethality further out- just my sense based on the information.

Post-PU2 also shows that TR still leads in carbines overall and still have the highest performer in terms of KPU so "ranks" in the carbine class have not changed faction-wise. The biggest difference here is that ACX-11 went from one of the worst performers to the second best (behind 7F) for NC and ranks just below the second best options for TR/VS. NC carbines still tend to trail but the difference across the board has been diminished (i.e. the class has the appearance of better balance).
    • Up x 1
  17. Iridar51

I myself just finished auraxiuming TRAC 5 and switched to Jaguar. ADS effective range is notably shorter than TRAC 5's, but I guess SPA and ALS make up for it.
    What is this horizontal recoil you speak of? Lack of SPA and ALS is the only thing that keeps this gun from being the best close-mid range carbine. Otherwise, it's a very solid gun, and I think you should give it a second chance. I suspect you're using it with 2x reflex and engage targets beyond your effective range. Use LS and 1x reflex instead.
    I agree that burst weapons are in a weird spot, and need to be adjusted somehow, but I have no idea how to accomplish that without breaking it.

You rely too much on raw calculations. Read between the lines. Real DPS depends on how many of your shots actually connect with the target, and with T5 AMC's laser beam accuracy this number is far greater at range.
    Napkin math for sake of proving a point:
    Distance: 45m, let's say bullets do 125 damage.
    TRAC 5 accuracy at that range: 30%, DPS = (125 * 750 / 60) * 0.3 = 468
    T5 AMC: 70%, DPS = 950
    Obviously numbers are not what you see in the game, just to illustrate how superior accuracy beats RoF at range.
    All TR carbines are good, and T5 AMC is no exception. Obviously, T5 AMC is not so good in close quarters, but even there, if you keep your **** together and return fire aiming at the head, you can prevail even there. Again, don't overdo it with optics, 2x is more than enough.

To illustrate how ridiculous you sound: "sniper rifle is okay at long range, but it's quite bad in close quarters"
    Solution: don't. To be hones, Jaguar was slightly too good. Myself, I'd use Jaguar over TRAC 5 just because of ALS and SPA, and 75% ADS on top of it is pure cake.
    I feel the same way. Lynx got some advantages over other factions' CQC carbines (large mag and 75% ADS), but compared to other TR carbines it's just not worth it.
    • Up x 1
  18. Iridar51

Don't you mean Jaguar is slightly less CQC oriented? Because Lynx has absolutely crap accuracy and lower minimum damage.
  19. HAXTIME

TRAC5-S
    Grenade launcher, NV sight, soft point ammunition, compensator.
  20. Paperlamp

This is interesting, I looked up the name and found him saying this on some boards which explains why the T5 AMC is so bad (it's been a peeve of mine for a long time that anyone considers it a good gun) -

If that stat is true, finally objective proof that I'm not crazy for thinking it's a terrible gun or at the least not at all a competitive marksman carbine for TR.
    • Up x 1