Planetside 2 Music Discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zorro, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Zorro

That fits the New Conglomerate perfectly. Well done!
  2. Spartan101

When a TR force of massive size comes into the area, the enemy should be forced to listen to this.

While the glorious Terran Republic charge under this:
  3. gzero

As fun as these ideas are being thrown around, none of these would really ever make it into the game since it is the job of an original composer to write their own songs and feels.
    All I want is more ambient music filling the space kinda like Planetside 1.
  4. Zorro

Good point, well-taken. I was looking for something that was in character.
  5. Phazaar

It was a response more to what we currently have than your suggestions; they're broad and I largely approve :)
  6. Tytos

Yea music needs to be improved, especially Vanu, sounds like something a 5 year old would compose.
    • Up x 1
  7. Amarsir

NC's music makes me think they were embracing the "browncoats" concept. Except, apparently, for the actual coats.

I generally appreciate the subtlety of the music, and sometimes when a Vanu swell hits me just right I really like it. But yeah they could commission a few more pieces.
    • Up x 1
  8. Zorro

Indeed, I just put on my own music while playing Planetside 2. These same works I suggested as a guide to improve PS2 music.
  9. eriknm

I've tried playing as the NC. For the most part their music is fine, but they have the most annoying death sound. I'm referring to the "twang-twangety-twaaaaaaang" one.

Arditi and Legionarii produce very interesting fascist-inspired music suitable for the Terran Republic.

Examples:

• Up x 1
  10. Zorro

Very nice! For those interested in military marches, I advise checking out the playlist by Seriglerom. He has quite the thorough collection.
  11. EliteEskimo

So ya I'm posting this song because it has brass, strings, and a chorus which would match TR's theme nicely. It also helps that the song is downright awesome. Ask yourself how you would feel if when you were about to take a facility this type of music kicked in. :eek::cool::eek:

• Up x 1
  12. Akeita

If this happen, I would have to run away from my belove NC... I can't listen to rock / metal / hip - hop music, at all...
  13. innersphere1

i want a radio tuner in the sunderer... i magine a full sunderer going around killing stuffs with this tune:

It Would be just epic
  14. Pootisman

100% agree, PS2 needs more variety in the background music. hearing the same songs again and again gets annoying after a while.
    • Up x 2
  15. Dark Pulse

More music ingame? Here's the new ingame music for all three factions, starting June of this year.

TR

NC (Skip to 2:31)

VS

Translation: No thanks. It's not that I'm opposed to music during games in general (I played Unreal Tournament and UT2004 with music on and I loved their soundtracks); the problem is that music could cover all those little sounds - distant gunfire, infiltrators cloaking, and so on. It actually helps your awareness to not have music distract you.

That said, I suppose I wouldn't mind if it was optional (and it would be, obviously), or if players were allowed to hook into Winamp or iTunes or something.
  16. Zorro

It would not harm you in any way, part of my suggestion was to give players more control over the volume and length of the music, and one would be perfectly free to turn it off. More music is for those who want to listen to it.
  17. Crisic

How are we forgetting to mention the timeless Planetside classics?!

I'd be happy with some new remixes of the old favourites. There's plenty of potential... Consider this first one you'll easily be able to recognize:

Now imagine similar remixes of these bad boys!

• Up x 2
  18. doombro

Even if they simply looped the PS1 main theme in warpgates, I could die happy.

This actually makes me want to head out and get things done.
  19. ABATTLEDONKEY

I love playing NC, but damn it zorro, couldnt you suggest ANYTHING but THAT for us?!?!?!
  20. Tylerso12

VS has the most peaceful music IMO.