UI Bug

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mortigon, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Mortigon

After reinstalling the game, I noticed that when I increase the size of the minimap using H, the map covers the information that is displayed above it, instead of moving that info further up, keeping it above the minimap. This feature has never worked for me, but I've seen streamers where it works. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is not working as intended?

Thank you.
  2. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

It may be due to a corrupted interface file in your PlanetSide 2 directory. Run your Planetside 2 Launchpad and log in, but do not press play. Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory. In the window/folder that comes up, locate, make backups of, and delete the following files:

PlanetSide2.exe
    UserOptions.ini
    SoundSettings.xml
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.
  3. IDC_

as far as i remember this also never worked for me. but i also don't use it 'always on'.
    i think i have to take a closer look how it's on my pc.

oh and i deleted the mentioned files multiple times because of other issues.
    and i don't had to validate files after the deletion. the launcher automatically loads the missing files.

i guess it's dependent on the resolution.
  4. MajiinBuu

It's supposed to move the information up?
    I've always had it where the expanded minimap covers the UI, I just thought that's how it was supposed to be...
    I've been so blind, oblivious to the truth!