Please Reinstate Some of the Non-Shielded Equipment Terminals

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ibuprofen, Jan 2, 2014.

1. NC_agent00kevin

Ive been playing Infiltrator a lot. I miss some of the terminals but it makes resource management more fun. Most of the time there is a tower nearby anyway. No one should think they should be able to go Infiltrator and Rambo a base from 3-5 guys. (unless they are really bad)

Id rather have more players in the game (because they can run it) than more terminals. Terminals dont shoot back.
  2. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

I want these terminals back. At least, the ones int he tech plants and amp stations. so useful, from both sides of the fight.I was stuck wandering Esamir in enemy territory looking for a terminal to hack to get resupplied while out hunting snowmen. It was insane!
    • Up x 2
  3. AxisO7

Obviously performance is very important. I'm more than happy with all the little changes to help it out over the last month or two. But they went too far with the removal of infantry terminals - you don't remove tactical options in a game just to make it run that little bit better.

Pretty much every single thing they've done in regards to terminals over the last 2 months has been going downhill IMO. Bring back the infantry terminals. Stop the stupid flashing terminal icon while they are being hacked. Go back to the terminals being the 'correct' colour on the map for who can actually use that terminal, rather than just always the same colour as whoever owns the base.
    • Up x 3
  4. NikkoJT

This. I'd also appreciate it if they made terminal "floating" icons faction-coloured again instead of being red/blue regardless of your colour settings.
    • Up x 1
  5. Bulltahr

This and the claymore changes, come on guys, you have taken away an important tool of infil gameplay. What do we do now??? Rambo kill steaks??? Or just fire darts, that's all we can do now to help the team.................
    • Up x 2
  6. Ibuprofen

If an infiltrator is capable of beating 3-5 guys in a firefight because he's just that good, I don't think he should automatically lose just because he will run out of ammo after those guys spawn for the third or fourth time. A terminal doesn't make an infiltrator stronger, it just gives them some staying power that can be trivially removed by enemies intelligent enough to just blow the terminal.

Also, I'm skeptical about how much of a performance difference the terminals really make, considering that they have no problem spamming spawn rooms with them. That being said, my request was specifically not for more terminals overall, but a request that "as many bases as possible, with zero non-shielded equipment terminals and 2+ equipment terminals in the spawn room, have at least one shielded equipment terminal moved outside the spawn room, where it is potentially vulnerable to enemy infiltrators," so the impact on performance should be negligible.

Ummm, good job telling people how to play, I guess we don't all share your view on class fluidity and locking people in to classes?

FYI, there are lots of large facilities/full bases with no hackable equipment terminals at all, and an AMS isn't exactly "covert". Also, every single base contains a terminal which can be hacked and then used to spawn an AMS, so you can already switch classes at every base at will, this change just removes the ability to do it with any modicum of stealth and forces you to pay 400+ resources to do it, except that there are certain bases where you are allowed to do it without that penalty, with no apparent rhyme or reason behind which bases those are.

How would just hacking a terminal constitute using an enemy's resources against them? Did you really think that the mere flipping of the terminal is what I meant by sabotage? Try pulling an AV MAX from a hacked terminal in a base which has a fair bit of armor defending it, kill 3-4 tanks before they even know what's going on by attacking from inside the base and hitting back armor, and tell me all you did was "cost 1 person 10 [seconds]". Alternatively, switch to an LA with C4, zip over to the enemy AMS and blast it, and then zip back to the still hacked terminal, switch back to infiltrator, and disappear before people even know what happened.

Yeah, it's pretty clear from your take on sabotage that all the infiltrator is to you is a stealth/DPS class. Some of us actually understand how to leverage it for tactical advantage that extends beyond KDR, maybe you should try playing a little more creatively.
    • Up x 5
  7. randomusername146

whatever perfomance the devs got, I'm often forced to ruin it by v-4 spamming :p
    • Up x 2
  8. RogueVindicare

Yes, bring back the terminals. I don't see how this could have really conveyed such a massive performance improvement.
    • Up x 1
  9. AccelPrime

+1 supported
    • Up x 1
  10. z1967

Yes +1. There are still way too many terminals in spawn rooms (like the one on the second floor nobody uses, *cough cough*) and not nearly enough in the open world.
    • Up x 1
  11. Codex561

GIVE IT BACK!!!
    • Up x 2
  12. Kaktwox

The terminals will not be coming back. They were removed to help improve game performance so this game can run better on the flagship platform PS4. Welcome to Betaside 2.
  13. Mustarde

All of my support. Bring them back, or these threads will continue to pop up again and again. I want terminals back on my Amp stations, Tech Plant ground floors, and small bases!
    • Up x 2
  14. Ibuprofen

Again, my suggestion is not to increase the overall number of terminals, it is to move some of the more gratuitously overabundant spawn room terminals outside the shielded spawn room - so no new terminals, just move some redundant spawn room terminals to the locations of some of the vulnerable terminals that were removed.
  15. RogueVindicare

I would also add that, in the larger spawn houses such as those featured at Main Base satellites, that they should move the remaining terminals (after some of them are moved outside) to the center of the bottom floor. That way they are easily accessible from any doorway for those running into the spawn from outside to change loadouts.

It's annoying to run into the spawn to change to a different class and find out I chose the door with no terminal next to it.
    • Up x 1
  16. Akeita

These terminals still exist on Amerish, if Amerish have lattice lines like Indar and Esamir, Amerish queue would be even longer than Indar, it's beautiful, green, and have rabbits cave.
  17. CrashB111

You can't even do that with the No Deploy zone in the Tech Plant can you? Used to you would always have an AMS deployed in the bay anyways, but now we don't even get that.
  18. Rohxer

Terminals need to come back. Removing them removed a lot of opportunity for dynamic gameplay. I love playing on Amerish now because they haven't been removed yet, and I'll be extremely disappointed when they are finally gone.

It's just another step in dumbing down the game. We like more options, not less. This was either a poor decision by a game designer or a not-so-subtle nerf to infiltrators. I'd like to think it was the former and can be remedied in an update. If it was instead for pure performance reasons, there have been valid suggestions already made on how to address it - i.e. swap out a spawn room terminal. I'd love to at the very least hear someone at SOE defend the change with a reasonable explanation.
    • Up x 3