Nice things people have done to you ingame

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by P4NJ, Jan 4, 2014.

1. P4NJ

So, since there's a lot of whining and raging here I thought it'd be nice to hear some stories of nice people you've come across in this game. I'll start:

Just today I saw a random guy fight trough at least two NC at Howling Pass to come resupply and repair my heavily damaged pounder MAX that was hiding in a corner. He succeeded and we pushed on together =)
  2. Pikachu

I saw myself transport a MAX from crown to warpgate with a harasser. :rolleyes:
  3. Necron

He said good things, not crazy things. ;)
  4. IamDH

NOTHING.

Once i got in a harasser with this dude (i was a MAX) and he was purposefully reversing into the enemy so i would die first.
    • Up x 3
  5. Necron

Last week I tried to get into a sundie to defend it with it's guns; it was locked... it died.
  6. Axehilt

Every single teammate who pulls an ammo sunderer is the nicest teammate ever.
    • Up x 8
  7. Bulltahr

HHmmmm, well if I am repairing a turret with another engie I always let him get in it first, wether or not I was first to the repair.
    Sundies and flashes which stop to give you a ride are nice, 1/12 sundies which ignore everybody running to the next base are not.
    Guys offering up thier MBT in proxi cuase they are about to log off, that is nice.
  8. IamDH

I seriously hate people who lock their vehicles when no one is gunning it..
    • Up x 1
  9. Hatesphere

some guy randomly bought me 1000SC. to whoever that was, thank you.
  10. ST4LK3R

Some Briggs VS fly boys who land near me just as I prepare to land when my Scythe's on fire. They helped get rid of the fire before I touch the ground. People go out of their way to repair my mag/lightening when I'm on fire. There was one guy who helped me repair in a very hot zone even after I ran over him 2-3 times because he crouched below the mag and i was in 1st person mode.

I hate it when some random get in my gunner seats and started shooting at random things. It's even worse I'm trying to sneak pass some aircraft who doesnt see me and suddenly these randoms shoot one of the aircraft and my sundy become a target. The worst thing is when they shoot a friendly vehicle, the other vehicle gets mad and they only see my outfit name and my name. I've tried saying like 'Do not shoot unless we're under enemy fire.' but nope. That didn't work well. So personally I lock it to squad only or let in only people I trust from other outfits. It's the same whether it's deployed or mobile.

Yeah, it's not fair for people like you guys who want to help defend it but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
    • Up x 1
  11. eldarfalcongravtank

i wouldnt call reviving/repairing/resupplying/etc "nice things". people get paid for doing that with xp points which are their incentive to support their teammates in the first place. that's a confounding factor that has to be considered in this equation

truly "nice things" are actions that dont expect any payoff. they are altruistic deeds that remain uncompensated. then you could be asking why people do this? well, to be "nice" i guess, to find new companions, to tie alliances or to use you as a human shield in the next battle, who knows....
  12. Hicksimus

I teabag my teammates when they have been run over by friendly vehicles for comedic relief.
  13. ST4LK3R

Care to explain why teabagging is funny? And I hope you are just joking.
  14. Cirevam

People who help others find snowmen are pretty nice. So are the ones that pull radar Flashes. They're such an abomination to drive that anyone who is willing to sit on a Flash and provide radar coverage for a base is a hero in my book.
    • Up x 3
  15. MaxDamage

If you have to ask, you'll never know.
  16. Necron

This one was deployed in AMS mode and getting attacked.
  17. Dr. Coathanger

Back during the start of the snow man hunts an outfit mate and I were driving around the in a harasser looking for the lil snowy bastards. We were engaged by a harasser and a scythe piloted by 50percentgenious on his vs alt came to engage it, we killed the harasser so he gunned ours down, took out the driver but not me after I fired my snow ball gun at him in a last resort defense.
    Instead of gunning me down he flew away and yelled that he couldn't kill a fellow snowball gunner. We ended up talking for a good hour and repaid thefavor with my outfit moving in to crush NC anti air where he was flying
  18. NinjaKirby

Off the top of my head, I had an awesome experience with someone on old Esamir once.

He had a 2/2 AP Vanguard, I was 1/2 AP Vanguard, we ended up rolling up next to each other just north west of Freyr Amp. We started shooting Scythe's & Libs out the sky together, and taking out the lingering enemy Lightnings that kept venturing around the Amp station, we picked them off from a distance. The air assault eventually got pretty heavy from Scythes and Libs, we held our ground using text/proxy chat to coordinate ourselves. The Zeph/Dalton's came heavy and our collective engie repair tools kept our MBT's alive for SO long against the never-ending bouts of strikes, and we'd hop back in and start shooting again to pick them off.

It was amazing, in the end I lost my MBT, but I regrouped with them back at our North-West WG; when they logged off but the guy kindly left me his MBT which survived to continue using so it didn't go to waste.

Good times. So many great infantry battles too, but that is a particularly memorable moment where we just meshed into a wrecking ball and out-lasted the onslaught so well.
  19. MFP_TK_01

All of the players who don't shoot me out of bitterness and spiteful hate because I don't immediately drop a ammo pack for them or be their max slave.
  20. Nexus545

Said thank you. It's a lot rarer these days than it was on release...