Anyone else sick of leaving your character AFK at the end of a play session?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RaskolBandit, Jan 3, 2014.

1. RaskolBandit

Give us passive offline resource regeneration ! Sitting AFK at the end of each play session just to get the resources back gets old after a while and should have to be done.
    • Up x 1
  2. EmmettLBrown

Do you idle in TF2 for hats as well?
    • Up x 2
  3. Pikachu

I never bother doing that.
    • Up x 2
  4. Devrailis

I tend to AFK in general. Sometimes when my FPS gets particularly low, I'll just sit in some random spawn room until it gets better.
  5. KnightCole

I dont afk for resources......
    • Up x 2
  6. cruczi

I've never had the need to AFK just to get resources o_O. I almost always have full or near full of everything.
  7. ZeroErrorz

just switch to something else when one resource is low, for example if your reaver got shot down and ur out of resource just get a lightning, if your out of mechanized resource just grab a sniper rifle, thats really a simple way to keep farmin
  8. Alizona

hahahahahahahaha

well you're not a real GENTLEMANNE if you haven't, amirite? :)

you're certainly not a real gamer if you never idled for hats in TF2... or you're a very young gamer, like 3 or 4 years old. LOL

anyhoooooo... you can't AFK in PS2!!!!!!!!!!

How many times have I left the keyboard with like 2 minutes to go, and when I get back, I realize that THEY DIDN'T GIVE ME THE GOSH DARN RESOURCES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  9. Alizona

Okay, I guess what the OP means is this scenario. I do this EVERY time I play it seems. LOL

You finish your play for the day, and after the last death, you respawn back at the Warpgate.
    You look at your resources and your a little bit low on vehicles... but you also see that in 2:25 there will be a restock that will fill you up! Yay! All three categories will be at 750, filled up and ready for the next gaming session! Perfect!!

Now... I just gotta wait... for the next two minutes... and twenty... five... four.... three.... seconds. That's all.

(an eternity later)

Okay, all full, I can log off now. Yay!
    • Up x 1
  10. DashRendar

Offline resource gain is an even more broken solution to a not very broken game element. Resources could be better than they are, but you should be able to manually mine them yourself rather than coming from random ticks that you never seem to appreciate in the first place because you didn't do anything single minded to acquire them.
    • Up x 1
  11. Maelthra

I don't bother to do that.
  12. Latrodectus

15-year-olds trying to tell people what it is to be a real gamer. This is like the Embarrassment Train having a head on collision with the Disappointment Express.
    • Up x 1
  13. Alizona

One way resources can get demolished and wiped out beyond all hope is with C4.

I've been on a streak lately with blowing up Sundys, but using 3 or 4 C4 for each Sunderer left me really low. I was constantly at zero for Infantry resource points because I was refilling as fast at I was using them. So at the end of the session there was no way I was going to sit and AFK to refill all 750 Infantry points...

I should clarify, you can AFK in this game, but you have to do it in 5 minute increments. If you've been AFK and that clock ticks over to 0:00, you don't get the resources. You have to return to the keyboard and do something in the game every 5 minutes... so it's not really AFK is it?
  14. Raraldor

unless I go absolutely crazy with bouncing betties and C4 and forget to keep them supplied, I almost always have every item in the high 30's or at 40. I've never had a problem with resources.
  15. Astealoth

I used to, they patched out idling though. Now you get item drops based on actions performed in game instead of time played and you have to actively accept each item. At one time I was idling 9 accounts in text only clients farming like $20 a week of random crap. It was a fun little project and didn't take up much effort or cpu cycles. Valve had to nerf us farmers :(

The way I avoid having to idle my resources back up is I stop using resource items when I'm low. Pull HA and go around spamming rockets at stuff for 20 mins while you get your cash back, it's not even remotely difficult. I pretty much start out my play session spamming my resource stuff, pulling maxes, C4ing everything in sight, pulling tanks and berserking them into crowds, being reckless as hell. Then the second half of my play session I'll be a bit more conservative and let everything regenerate and buy all my stuff back up to 40/40 before I log out. Kind of an easy habit to get into.
  16. Alizona

So you didn't get that job at the carnival guessing people's age's, huh?
  17. Alizona

Yep, they ruined the greatest Hat Simulator of all time.

Even the great Valve makes mistakes from time to time. Eliminating idling was certainly one of them, those greedy bastages.

EDIT: I just realized what you wrote. LOL It's YOUR fault it ended, dam you!!!!!!! hehe

When idling ended, that was pretty much the end for me, I still play but nowhere near as much as back then. I ran my computer 24/7 and when I wasn't playing TF2 I was idling TF2 in the background. LOL
  18. Alizona

Yeah this is good advice. I think most people don't plan their session out quite to that degree, but they should, I agree.

I will also "shop around" from continent to continent to see which one is providing the most of the needed resource at the moment, and I go play on that one while I'm in "restocking" mode.
  19. EvilPhd

Here's a scenario.
    You make some ALTs. You have them AFK passive resources until they are full.
    Wait until it's prime time.
    You pull tanks and planes with your main until you run out of resources.
    You swap over to your prefilled alts. Have them pull tanks and planes. Open the vehicle for your main or buddy who will hold it and pass it off.
    Swap back to your main and subvert the resource limit.

:eek: OMG META EXPLOIT GAME.:eek:

If there was only an active method of gaining resources....something like a meta game or a resource gathering class....hmmmm
    Would that be useful?
  20. Astealoth

That's beyond impractical, it takes a lot more effort than spawning a resource light class like HA in a resource heavy zone and screwing around for a couple rollovers. Resource revamp has been discussed by the devs on multiple occasions. It got pushed back for OMFG.