Was BuzzCutPsycho the best player?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zephyr88, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zephyr88

Did you look up to him for hitting number one and I heard he was a killer player. I did not play back when he did but he was 1 right?
  2. Hoki

Yes.
    • Up x 7
  3. JudgeNu

define best.
    btw idk who they are.
    • Up x 1
  4. MasonSTL

LOL this thread will surly go places!

[IMG]
    • Up x 8
  5. HadesR

6. f0d

7. Ganelon

8. Oreo202

Best at exploiting, at the time broken game mechanics, certainly. Best skilled player? No.
  9. Phyr

I would do pretty well with my own army following me around, too.
    • Up x 1
  10. DramaticExit

Short answer: No.
    Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.

There are players who have better score per minute, better K/D, better whatever-you-wanna-use-to-measure-individual-skill...
    There are players who are better leaders of outfits.
    There are a whole metric ****load of players who have better people skills.
  11. VSDerp

He was a great player skill wise overall extremely GREAT farmer. But wasn't the greatest player.
    • Up x 1
  12. Meeka

I pretty much agree with what VSDerp said.
    • Up x 1
  13. Devrailis

He was probably an above average infantry player on a micro scale.

On the macro, strategic scale, where Planetside 2 tries to differentiate itself from the competition, he was able to master coordinating multiple platoons and throw them into points of interest with enough pressure to decisively force the outcome. Did it work everytime? Probably not. Did it work very very well most of the time? Yeah, given the results he got, it did.

He was basically playing the game on a bigger scale that most players because he wasn't just looking at PS2 in terms of "gun haz X CoF Y RPM Z DPS", but rather "TO TAKE A HEX, KILL THESE FIRST, THEN THESE, AND DO IT THIS WAY, CHEESE BE DAMNED".

So, if the question is he the greatest player in PS2 is in regards to his ability to shoot, or even his ability to lead in small squad tactics, my answer would be this:

He was playing a different game than you are.
    • Up x 7
  14. Thardus

Actually, I'd just go ahead and pretty much all of the players.
  15. hawken is better

No, but he was definitely a solid and way-above-average infantry player, judging by his solo vids.
  16. sindz

Skilled player? No, countless of people would demolish him in pure skills. Ego maniac who loved to brag? He was certainly the best at that. Also exploiting.
  17. Latrodectus

Man it's a good thing I can swim, or I'd be drowning in all this Haterade.
    • Up x 3
  18. Devrailis

I think this thread is mostly full of people who don't get PS2.
    • Up x 1
  19. JudgeNu

and my guess is OP is he.

I could be wrong, it has happened.
  20. Latrodectus

That's highly unlikely. Even though he loves to stir the pot, this kind of thing is beneath him. However there are several TE members who thrive on this kind of garbage, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if it was one of them.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.